twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Help! I have a stalker "wachumacalit" *updated*

This post is about another blogger.

www.4v5.blogspot.com


Anyone who scrolls down to the end of my page would notice that I have “feedjit” (trust me, that application is not for the feeble hearted). Anyways, one day I looked through my feedjit and came across an unfamiliar blog. I clicked on the blog, just out of curiosity and found out that it was a private blog. I didn’t sweat it even though I was kinda curious.

Then I noticed that this same person has been coming to my blog consistently. Everytime I put up a new post, the fellow is there like clockwork. At first it was cute, but now its no longer funny. First thing that spooked me out was the person never leaves comments especially since I did mention this in a post i did about this last year June.

So here are the options:

  1. The person is someone that knows me in real life, and figured out my identity. That’s no problem, but I have a message for you:

I think you’re a sad coward! Really, if by some fat chance we happen to know each other in real life, then its just…sad.Really, shame on you!!!

  1. The person is someone I know on blogville, who just happens to have a private blog. In that case I have a message for you:

You might want to send me a message, just so I know you’re not #1 above, because honey, your behavior is just downright weird. I promise, if you don’t want me to know about your secret blog, I won’t ask for an invite…even though I’d like one.

  1. Due to my fabulousity (according to Temite, lol), I’ve caught the eye of one of the Princes of England (because feedjit says this person is from the UK). He is utterly smitten and can’t keep his e-hands off my page, so he comes every night like Romeo and has been throwing an e-stone at my e-window hoping to catch my attention. In that case I have a message for you:

Sweetheart, the time is ripe for you to declare your undying love for me. I have been seeing u hanging around my space, and you have my attention. Lets go flying into the sunset in your private jet, perhaps we can go on a date to one of your beachside resorts…and live happily ever after in one of your castles on the English countryside.

  1. This is the most frightening one of all. I actually have a real e-stalker. It feels scary just typing this out. I have never been cyber stalked, or cyber- bullied seriously this is not a joke. So if you’re someone I’ve never met in real life, I have this message for you:

Dude/dudette, LEAVE ME THE HECK ALONE! YOU’RE CYBER STALKING ME!!!!

So anonymous stalker, whatever category you fit into, I defy (?) you to send me an email identifying yourself as either one of the four above, cos I KNOW you will read this – just like you read all of my other posts!


Anyways, I prefer to think that #3 is the case. ok, so maybe I'm wrong and its not the Prince but just a multibillionaire without any royal connections. abi? Blogville, this question is for you guys:


does anybody have access to this blog?



Update:

so apparently, someone does know him. The only thing left to do now is to find out if he is an English Prince with a private jet and a countryside Mansion!

78 comments:

Shubby Doo said...

na lie...1st

deola said...

you make me laugh

Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...

honey take it easy...i check my feedjit everyday and you are right it isn't for the faint hearted...i have stumbled on so many blogs that have blogrolled me but never comment at mine...it feels weird that they know my story but have not commented to lead me to theirs...i found another last week...i was like wtf!!! Arghhh!!!

i have a 'usual reader' from bloglines...like you i followed the link and it is a private blog...it happens...

cyber stalking happens…on blogger, on facebook…if you r on the net it’s part of the deal…just know you are in good company

so be it private blog...or users that have not opened their profiles up to the public...keep doing your thing...nobody's bad belles is your portion. Amen

p.s
keep a look out for strangers in the dark that are sporting the Egyptian look…if you see anyone with an obsssevive behaviour with your bumight avatar (similar to what Nadia Suleman (aka mother of octuplets) has to look like Angelina)...then run like mad!!!...

pp.s
prince of england ko...king of england ni...who dash money banana!!!

Rita said...

I would not have bothered looking at feedjit if I had it...just one less thing to worry about

funny post even though you meant business...but it's as if you suspect the stalker is a guy :-)

He had better fit into No 3

Rebirth said...

one of the reasons i love feedjit..... only for us strong hearted,.....
im hoping its no 3 so u can take me with you on the trips and hopefully he's a kinda prince that has a brother... ;).. so stalker, pls identify urself...

Femi B said...

Wow, don't we all love stalkers..i kid
But i feel you on the feedjit but its a way for me to find out who are the people that come to my blog and where they are located.

Also a big one is how they came to my blog, some are from google search of my name which makes me feel happy ( Narcissist aren't I, some even come from forums like nairaland and I wonder how my blog got into such forum. Anyway sometimes its nice but those that come by so often and never leave messages, i think they are people that kinda know you and secretly read your blog, maybe to know more about you...

Anyway just incase ..go get your E-mace

NaijaScorpio said...

It's possible u r over reacting u know. I have blogs that i read consistently but never comment on. Granted, most of the blogs are not naija bloggers, or i might love reading them but have nothing to contribute.

I have people who come to my blog regularly but never leave a comment. I just assume they have nothing to say, or are too shy to leave a comment. It's called lurking.

I don't think it's anything sinister.

Ms Sula said...

There is also the option that s/he likes reading your blog but don't necessarily have relevant stuff to add... and just so happens to have a private blog.

I know there a lot of blogs that I read without commenting... ever. I just don't have anything "relevant" to add but I enjoy their writing. So if I had a private blog, those people wouldn't be able to read it either.

I don't know, maybe because I'm looking from the outside, but it doesn't seem like too much of a big deal.

How's school going?

Anonymous said...

what's feedjit? am with Ms Sula on this one...

wordsmith said...

i feel like i better comment even though i have nothing to say LOL... i think if you had a stalker you would know.... lol

ibiluv said...

he stopped updating so he made it private(his blog)

his problem????science-he's in a lab somewhere trying to be einstein

how do i know????he was my first regular comment dropper when i was new here

we later became facebook and chat buddies............i have no idea what he looks like

but i dare say he's a regular guy who likes the way you write but cant be bothered to drop a comment......

Buttercup said...

i dont think u have any need to worry..really..

bumight said...

@deola: u're laughing? lol. what if this is serious business?

@shubby doo: u too? arent u curious who this bloglines reader is. I have come across many people that blogroll me and dont drop comments, frankly im not bothered by them. but since this one is a private blog, i just kinda felt like someone closed the gates on me.

trust me, ive been looking out for any egyptian look-alikes, lol!

@Rita: my instincts! plus why would a babe want to stalk me?- maybe except pull out my hair. plus it has to be a male - or how else are we going to live happily ever after in that castle?

@Funms: apparently, we've discovered its a "he", so all that is left is to find out if he has a brother :)

@Femi B: feedjit helps me find out how people come by my blog. i've discovered so many blogs that i actually do read now.
u lil narcissist! its good sha, i know what u mean, :)

@sting: I like the title "lurker",- less sinister.
i guess the reason why im reacting this way is because its a private blog. cos seeing the same consistent blogger for more than a year, and not a single comment just kinda raises suspicions.

@MsSula: so u're a lurker too abi? i know there a lots of people like that. a lot of "lurkers" came out from under the shadows when i did the "ask me any questions" post.
actually, i do read blogs- but even if i dont regularly leave comments, there has been at least one post on a blog i regularly go that must have deserved a comment!

@kmplx: feedjit is one of the widgets around. scroll down to the bottom of my page and u'll see it.

@wordsmith: lol, see? you're learning - dont be shy!

@Ibiluv: SO YOU KNOW HIM? AND U DIDNT SAY ANYTHING?!!!!
i remember when i first mentioned it on my blog, ur comment was along the lines of "4v5 what do u have to say for urself" but i would never have guessed that u know him?

so is he hot? lol
is he a prince? does he have a private jet? u know, a prince that just has a flair for science.
does he have a brother (funms wants to know - only if he is a Prince and has a private jet)

u better come back and give the full gist o!

@buttercup: apparently so! Ibiluv has the hookups!

Anonymous said...

didn't Shakespeare call this "Much Ado about Nothing"? lol..

Roc said...

*whips out the stethoscope*

You’re suffering from a dire case of Jason Bourne-nitis.. ;-)

I do think it just might be option 3 though..

English castle - Inheritance
Private jet - £25m
Beach resort - £10m
Expression on face when he says he’s gay - Priceless

clnmike said...

Maybe he is just a fan, lol.

Anonymous said...

BUMIGHT. Yes I am of the fainthearted. that feedjit thing is EVIL. I tell you. EVIL. So me I am never going around it ever again. Yes boo, it berra fit into number 3, you sef, don kolo finish. You know its probably a old blogger that is still keeping up. XOXO Bumight.

Toluwa said...

awww. someone is scared. I think it shldnt freak u out...there are loads of bloggers ob blogsville. some find ur blog interesting and comes to satisfy his reading curiosity.

OR..u really have a stalker, but then again, he/she cant do u noting.

Anonymous said...

Some people read blogs like they do online magazines and newspapers: they enjoy or look forward to the content and just want to know what's going on without feeling the need to comment. I don't know if that's the case with this person but I'd call them a lurker/loiterer rather than a stalker: if you didn't have this feed thingy you would have been totally unaware of them.

The stalkers are the ones who read every entry, comment on every entry and in their comment they're always referring to your other posts. The stalker would be the one who freaks you out because you feel like they have memorized every entry you've written and are just waiting to use that little tidbit you shared about stubbing your toe when you were 4 years old against you.

True stalking begins in my eyes when they take it ouside of the blog, and start emailing you and professing their undying adoration. You do have your email on the blog so it could happen.

Well, these are my definitions of stalkers anyway.

So until this blogger emails you I'll call him or her a fan who doesn't feel the need to leave a comment, or is so intimidated by your smarts and good looks that they don't think you'd give them a chance as a friend...or more! :)

Emeka Amakeze said...

Bumight dear, you've just given the blogger in question some attention and relevance by writing a post about the dude or dudette. You shouldn't bother yourself with cyber passengers who are only enjoying the breathtaking scenery of your e-terrain from the comfort of their e-train.

Rebirth said...

yes ibiluv, can u send him a fb message to find out if he has a brother that has a private jet.... very urgent....

Zayzee said...

lol. ur messages to the stalker are so funny. ok. i think its number 3. seriously

O'Dee said...

Thats y I dont do feefjit and allow anon comments. i'd rather not know I'm being stalked.

But deariee, dont be bothered like that, its cyberspace.

he may work with the FBI or EFCC; you missed out this option.

QMoney said...

hahahahahahah,u are jus a funny sumborry.
anyway,i got inspired to install d thing on my own blog,was never bothered about who came or who didnt before.it'll be nice to catch those dat come and dont leave comments.lol

QMoney said...

ehn,nne,how did my post become a link to urs abi from urs??
me i dont know how all these things work oh.is dat how u catch people dat jus left ur blog??hahahaha

Anonymous said...

ok ok first if d person knws u in real life chances r he/she is harmless
If they don't den they can't hurt u init? But I feel u its kinda like he/she's a peepin tom,lookin in at all ur thots n not sayin anything...lik Jason in dat horror movie just b4 he buries d axe in ur head.....

bArOquE said...

i think you should call the police to give you 24hour surveillance...but really sha, you're sounding like a drama queen, every one's allowed to stalk any blog...give peace a chance. LOL

doll (retired blogger) said...

the feedjit thing is a BREACH OF PRIVACY. oh so now you konw i stay in Lagos. Am compromised

Afrobabe said...

A lot of people read my blog but dont leave comments...I didnt even know about that till I opened an Afrobabe facebook profile...had a lot of adds by people who weren't bloggers...

am off to get feedjit

~Sirius~ said...

LOL!!!
I guess Ibiluv has solve 70% of your mystery stalker- so you should be ok now.

Feedjit you say....hmmm

TBR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TBR said...

Bumight, are you familiar with the Yoruba proverb:

a yi tete mu ole, ole mo'oloko?

Translation: The farmer having not caught the thief, the thief caught him.

Mind you we all know translations do not work well in transfering actual meanings.

The English equivalent of that wisecrack would be "pot calling the kettle black"!

You can disagree of course.

NoLimit said...

Wow! gal I sure do hope it is #3...e stalker ke!I hope not o!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Bumight! you are too funny. What do you expect when you changed your name to Bumtight. How people no go stalk you tyah!

mizchif said...

josephine d dreamer! No b only prince, na sheik!

Geebee said...

Now, I see you’re trying to fill FBA’s vacant spot as fast as possible. Now, cyberstalking could really be frightening. I once had a homepage on friendpages I had to stop using bcos of some crazy people who came in constantly like ants to drop all sort of threatening messages and long lines of FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! YOU’LL DIE! SUCK MY DICK! (I beg your pardon for the language but that’s what they actually did). Now you see how bad cyberstalkers can be. Anyways, relax sis. At least the stalking Prince has not done any crazy stuff yet except silent stalking.

Joy Akut said...

sweety...u're hawtttt, dont fight it, thats what celebs go thru ...stalkers!

but seriously there are a few nonbloggers, who sign in to blogger just to access blogs for their reading pleasure, no pressure to comment or anything,so maybe you just have someone who loves ur blog.

Smaragd said...

and my twinny has saved the day yet again!

Bumight, after reading ur "theatrical write-up" and the even more theatrical comments, i found out i had no words left...lol

it's not easy to be an e-chick i guess...lol

doug said...

Some 8 days ago I might have laughed at this post, 'cos I wouldn't have been able to relate. Now I'm I have a bunny boiler on my tail. Well I think Shubby had some wise words there...watch out for Egyptian-looking types in dark alleys...you never know where he might be...LOL!!!

doug said...

PS - Forgive me. I've been soooo swamped.

Afrobabe said...

This feedjit thingy is not making sense to me oh...just tells me people came via somewhere.....which is the whole point right??

But how do I know if Mr right has been coming as well???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

@ Afrobabe. Mr Right ko, Mr Left ni!

Are you trying to pretend some IT ignorance here? Hmmmm...babe e no suit you o, lol.

miz-cynic said...

pls how do i get feedjit...or woreva.

ShonaVixen said...

this could be just some-one who enjoys reading your blog and they just don't prefer not to leave a comment...don't stress over it until they contact you and tell u what u wearing..lol..

Vera Ezimora said...

LOL

Dis babe, na dis small ting dey worry you ehn? LOL. Lemme tell you ehn, I couldn't care less who is reading and from where. I no send oo. I barely have time to check out the people that do leave comments. lol.

But think of this: what if the person now knows everything about you (including ur name and address) and then he comes in the darkness of the night to "do you something?" Hahahahahahaha

Way 2 make u feel better, right? You're welcome, love. Wat r friends 4?

As 4 it being one of the princes...abegi! Go siddon somewhere make pesin see road. lol.

Still waiting 4 the next post that is supposed to be related to me (and the answer to ur prayer).

io said...

its on bumight. just have FBA take care of them all.

Nefertiti said...

Vera na crase pessin men! lol

Bumight, I saw that u've discovered the person. I hope they are actually the prince of something, cos me I want to be recognised as a member of ur family when they bring the yams...lol

bob-ij said...

Lol @ Danny's Much Ado about nothing!

But this is something..I think I want a feedjit too!...bt I won't want to be cyber-stalked ever!

ibiluv said...

he is stuck in a lab somewhere where there is no connection to the internet

once he gets back to civilisation he shall repond to the question...*wink*

Enkay said...

But cyber stalkers should be expected as part of the deal abi?

As long as this person has nothing personal on me eg my address, telephone number..etc, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

relax!

TBR said...

Bumight dear...
Hope you don't mind my calling you that o. This much is clear...
You have a secret admirer.

My advice?

Enjoy his attention as long as he only showers it on you from a distance.

Jay said...

i actually clicked on the link..am so nosy :)

Its probably someone who loves your blog and comes in for a daily dose. Like us.

Jay said...

i am going to try this feedjit thingy...so i can track eveyone down!! lol

JS said...

Bumight,

What can I say? You are one of the most read bloggers out there and you ought to feel good about this.

I would not comment on the number of hits I receive each day, not as much as yours though, I can tell. But seriously, if someone finds your style of writing attractive, and keeps coming back for more (pardon the pun), you must be doing something really special.

Enjoy the attention.

As for feedjit, I just did an experiment coming onto your blog from two different sources, and it could not tell which blog I came from.

I agree with sting. Chill Bumight.
By the way, can I have your autograph?

JS said...

Bumight,

By the way, I noticed there were many comments deleted.

Na wa o

Never mind, just chill okay

tobenna said...

This is the internet.
Expect to be stalked.
Whats all the fuss though?
School dey on holiday?

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

BUMIGHT darling am sure they mean no harm.

bumight said...

@Danny Bagucci: he did? did people blog in his time? lol

@RocNaija: more like Jack Bauer-itis!
u spoiler-of-all-things-fun! he cant be gay, he wont be gay!! I reject it by fire!

@clnmike: apparently so. now the question is: is he a fan with a private jet?

@Temite: Feedjit is actually not that evil, but i am'nt letting u near it again - we cant risk losing u again!

@Just..Toluwa: actually its not scared...that phase passed by the end of August last year. it isnt freaked out....passed early this year. its more like frustrated! curiosity gone wild!!!

@GNG: are u calling me a stalker?

The stalkers are the ones who read every entry, comment on every entry and in their comment they're always referring to your other posts. The stalker would be the one who freaks you out because you feel like they have memorized every entry you've written and are just waiting to use that little tidbit you shared about stubbing your toe when you were 4 years old against you.


cos i have blogs that i read through the whole blog, and i remember A LOT! is it my fault that i have great memory....for things like this? lol!

like i said, he can profess his undying love so long as he's a prince, with a countryside Mansion, lol

...then again if he's such a fan, there must have been at leasat 1 post that he liked so much that he had to comment?

@Emeka: he's been a loyal reader for about a year, dont u reckon he deserves some attention? lol

@Funms: im working on it gurl!

@Uzezi: me too! lol

@oluwadee: FBI? EFCC? then it wasn't me! i didnt do it!!! do what? dunno, lol!

@Qmoney: u werent supposed to get inspired to install feedjit! Good Lord! what have i done?

@Qube: now u get me! i feel like the person is a peeping tom. especially since his blog is private....ok, were u trying to scare me with the "buries his axe in my head" thing. take ur time o! lol!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

he is definately a prince. dont know about the jet.but think positive

bumight said...

@baroque: there's an e-police? how come i wasnt aware?

@doll: dont we all know u're a lagos blogger? lol.

@afrobabe: you're a star nau! u're our very own blogville tourist attraction, lol!

@sirius: nah, we're taking Ibiluv into custody for further questioning.

@TPR: yup! i understand yoruba. of course i disagree. first, my blog is open not private, and even on my non-commenting blogs, ive dropped a comment at least once!

@NoLimit: lol, it totally has to be #3!

@solomonsydelle: lol, but im bumight now. lmao!

@mizchif: schew! u're only jealoxing me :) *sticking tongue out*

@Geebee: ok, my case has not reached that level. are u sure u didnt piss someone off?

@fantasy queen: i wish! i totally get non-reading bloggers, i just felt this one was sinister cos it was a private blog - so i knew it was definitely a blogger!

@smaragd: aww, i make u lost for words...i make u speechless...i take ur breath away...lol, ok im stopping now :)

@doug: i'd take a stalking prince charmin over a bunny boiler anyday!

@Afrobabe: dont worry, u dont need it. thats all it tells u! as for Mr. Right, when he comes, his blog will be highlighted....in pink!

@Naijalines: lol, dont mind her!

@miz-cynic: click on the feedjit at the bottom of my page

@shonavixen: lol, why are u trying to get me scared?

Anonymous said...

Just showing love.
come visit sometime.

http://popwife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

it could be a chic for all you know!lol

bumight said...

@vera: VERA!!! i thought u were my friend! if he comes in the middle of the night, i'll just give him ur address sharpish! u are just jealoxing me cos it might be a prince, lol
ur post is coming up next!

@9ja_kuti: u know what? thats a good suggestion! lol

@Nefertiti: got it! u're the sister of my cousin's aunty's brother on my father's side!

@bob-ij: u sure u want feedjit?

@ibiluv: ok o, i'm waiting for him!

@Enkay: im not losing sleep over it, im just too curious for my own good!

@TBR: got it! thanks bruv!

@wordmerchant: u clicked on the link? and saw the huge padlocks right?

@jidesalu: dont worry, im basking in it! lol. nah, feedjit doesnt tell u that "Babajide Aladesulu came to ur blog..." it just tell u the incoming link. so if someone googled my blog from antartica, and i know only one person from antartica, chances are...

autograph ke? abeg, its not that serious o!

ps: the deleted comments are duplicated comments deleted by the people who wrote them. like shubby doo, she didnt have to say it five times, i heard her the first....maybe only at the last time LOL!

@Tobenna: nah, school is actively in session. the fuss? amean, if its a prince, u dont want him to propose to me ni? please o, dont spoil my market, lol

@Lighty: i guess so :) runaway soldier!

@anonymous gal: yes o, im thinking very positive, if im any more positive, i'll be sparking current!

@craigjc: will be making a stop soon :)

@pink-satin: we already confirmed that its a dude!

Moody Crab said...

Oh the excitment of being e-stalked! Quite a funny post, I must say. Being a closet romantic, I would like to believe it either a or b.

Anyway, goodluck with him/her/she-him.

PS: Thanks for dropping by my spot. Will be here again.xoxo

Omo Oba said...

lol. I love your blog btw

C said...

lol
we must find this person O

ibiluv said...

People

i spoke to 4v5
also known as Senator

he has a brother
he owns not a private jet
he has met the Queen
(God save the Queen)
he is not a prince

is he hot?
i refrain from an answer
i've never beheld his face
he likes your blog
he is no stalker
he is busy with his work in the lab
trying to explain what he does makes my head hurt so i will not try
his blog is private cos he has not updated in years

have a great weekend peeps

Tigeress said...

I have to get this feedjit application.

Tigeress said...

I have to get this feedjit application.

Miss Opeke said...

I am shamelessly here to stalk U...

Read on:
Miss Opeke wuz 'ere to drum up support to be Nominate for An Award in Naija Blogger's Award blog...Let's Go there!!!

4get Verastic...LOL...Juz gife it all to Moi!!! LOL!!!

Don't worry when I win...we'll fish him out of blogville for life...

Writefreak said...

Ah thank God you finally found out someone knows them, it's scary...i wanted feedjit but on second thoughts maybe i should bone it, what you don't know doesn't hurt you!

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

lol! u dont need to worry dear.

Anonymous said...

blog stalking!!
nice one.
I gotta find out of WP has FEEDJIT

Tininu said...

all i can say to you bumight, you have issues...i have missed you guys
i cannot believe that after i took my holiday, they decided to do blog awards imagine!!!!!IMAGINE!!!!!!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com