twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Releasing your inner bailarina de salsa....



...while having fun.

There was a restaurant/bar downstairs, and dance "studio" upstairs. My friends and I headed there a couple of days ago to celebrate with another friend.

I had always planned on going salsa dancing, but somehow something always came up. Either we couldn't get all of us to agree on a date, or someone didnt show up.
Once we drove downtown for a one hour class, and spent almost 40 minutes looking for parking.

This time, the stars were aligned in our favor, and so we found ourselves standing in the doorway. Everyone was paired learning what we later found out to be the "basic steps".

We were three girls, without any patners, so we stood on the sidelines cos we didn't want to interrupt the class, and it didnt look like there was space for us.

"alright, switch patners!"

and then the instructor grabbed my hand, and attempted to do the dance with me. clearly he didnt see me walk in just a few minutes ago, and I obviously had no idea what they were doing.

He showed me how to do the dance, and very soon we found ourselves in the middle of the dancefloor with the group. One of my friends graciously accepted to be the "dude".

I didn't think I was going to learn that much, but at the end of the day, I had learnt the basic steps and gotten decent at the other moves the instructor showed us.

This post won't be complete without mentioning this gay dude in the class who kinda sucked. I mean most of us sucked, but this dude was special. There was this step that involved getting into a twist with ur hands and then doing a spin to untwist it (same move pictured above). Everybody he did it with still ended up being twisted at the end. Pretty much the male patner is the lead, and is supposed to direct the flow of the dance, which was why we always ended up being twisted, cos dude wasn't directing nothing!
After I did the move with someone else, who showed me what we were doing wrong, I later rotated and ended up with gay dude, and instead of waiting for him to turn me, i turned myself, and we got it right! you should have seen him literarily squirming with joy. lol!

There was an advanced class dancing right beside us. I was pretty much jealous watching them twist and turn like it was beans. I'm definitely going back to perfect my moves!

After we were done, there was salsa music playing for a while, so you could dance/practice your moves to your heart's content.

I had a great time, watch out for this bailarina.


PS: a couple of nights ago, I was watching Grey's anatomy and someone said something about first base, second base etc. Since guys wont tell, and since there's no consensus on google, I think i should ask you guys. what exactly is third base?

62 comments:

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Firstttttttttt again!
Off to read

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Gotta lovee salsa. Use to go to this salsa club every week...go to a cardio salsa work out class every week and boy does it work you out! My latina friends always keep me on point...

Third base usually means oral sex, fingering or giving a handjob...

Nine said...

Huh?Your Google-fu is weak,apprentice.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=third+base

The first entry is particularly succint.

Hope the studying is flowing....

Nine said...

And with yet more baseball metaphors here's Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_metaphors_for_sex

PS Some of those entries are HILARIOUS.Playing Outfield?Foul Ball?ROFLMAO.

bumight said...

@NDQ: you go for cardio salsa? wow! this babe, you're seriously motivating me to take my workout more seriously!

@Nine: lol, i already checked the urban dictionary, but then some other resources differ. so my question is: is third base fingering or Oral sex?
studying is fine, and we still need to have the talk!

Anonymous said...

EHN? You went salsa dancing, is that what I am paying for ehn? You this girl, if I slap you ehn, you will find yourself in tommorow.
So you had fun, good. Its funny, they have been inviting me to this salsa club tingy for a while now, I should probably go to that. Anyhoos peace out. GO and study

Nine said...

Both,apparently.

Talk?I didn't do it,you didn't see me,you can't prove anything.

bumight said...

@Temite: em, em, I'm sorry ma! you better go salsa, attend a class first though, its fun. and look who's telling me to go study, what are u doing here at 1am? studying salsa?

@Nine: yes you did it! and i'll allow you to confess in the privacy of my email box: bumight@gmail.com

Nine said...

I deny everything.Lol@studying salsa.G

bumight said...

@Nine: don't you get it? you are not allowed to deny ANYTHING!
i'm still waiting for ur email!

QMoney said...

I always wanted to learn salsa,where was dis class?i like dancing and twisting oh,would they teach me how to bellydance too??lol

webround said...

while i was in school, there were salsa classes (including free ones)all over campus - a few people used it for "workout" purposes

Freaksho said...

third base is nookie, baby.

miz-cynic said...

im sure its one of those guys tht believe they are women.laffs,anyways me im interested in grey's anatomy o....whc season is tht?i watched up to the point whr meredith& Mc dreamy fantasized abt building their dream house on the empty field.i need gists frm thr.

bArOquE said...

i hear Salsa moves can work wonder under the sheets or on kitchen floor (wherever Dick Cheney catches PCD)...however that happens sha...they are quite sleek moves

ShonaVixen said...

LOL @ imagining gay dude get it right!!..lol...you are now studying Salsa henh?Bumight..busy girl i see..lol..
Third Base: well i couldnt just do third base and be content with that o...aaah it should just go on to Fourth Base...lmao...

NikkiSab said...

3rd base is d DEED, d tumble in d hay, bed matics, u know _e_
I'm too tall to be a ballerina...hmmmm

Femi B said...

I love to dance salsa. wish i knew more turns and twists though.

1st base- kissing
2nd Base- Boob action, fondling
3rd base- oral (blow, head) u name it
4th base - home run. Penetration, orgasms..the whole 9 yards or rather 9 inches...lool

Now that you know your bases....

Smaragd said...

Salsa is IT! although i experienced so much pain after my first couple of lessons but i had a very sinewy waist to show for it *wink*

there are exercises that come with the dance class too, did u guys do any of those? i felt like a contortionist!

u keep having fun sweets, "baila, baila"

Smaragd said...

Nikkisab, i'm sure bumight didnt mean ballet dearie, it's spanish for dancer. and for Salsa, u can be any height and still do gr8!

Nefertiti said...

u this chic ehn... when do you study ehn? O ma je egba o...

Anyways, I think I should consider dancing classes as opposed to running on the TM. Seems like much more fun.

me thinks 3rd base is the main do ;-)

bumight said...

@QMoney: i dont know about belly dancing o, but i'm sure you can find one online

@Webround: maybe i could find one on my campus!

@freaksho: ok, now u've confused me some more. what's a nookie?

@miz-cynic: i dont usually follow grey's anatomy :( i dont even know about what season it is. sorry :(

@baroque: lol @ dick cheney catching pcd! i dont know o! why dont u tell us..

@shonavixen: yes o, I'm a very busy girl. lol. so u want to tell me what you think third base is? cos it seems like you know :)

@Nikkisab: ok o, i thought home run was the DEED?
i dont think you can be too tall to dance salsa, "bailerina" is spanish for dancer.

@Femi B:I think you should attend an advanced class, those folks made me jealous with their twists and turns!
lol, now that i know my bases.....

@Smaragd: this smaragd! sinewy waist? we only learnt the basic steps . maybe i can find a salsa workout class online! great idea :)

@Nefertiti: u want to know when i study? don't worry about all that :)
yeah, me i dont know anout running on a TM, dancing classes are so much fun!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I plan on learning salsa with hubby once we get the kids slightly independent. lol!

3rd base, eh...well, I am sure someone else has filled you in...

Writefreak said...

Oh i've always want to learn salsa with the Mr, maybe we will get to do it soon..

I wonder what 3rd base is myself!

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Am so jealous coz have been meaning to learn Salsa for ages,
Good on you, hope you go back for more, who knows maybe there might be a sexy hot latino that you could give my number

Emeka Amakeze said...

Salsa rocks and i wish i could learn to do those turns. And third base? You've got to love oral sex and all the works.

clnmike said...

Femi B got it exactly right hhmmmmmI wonder why?

Lol.

TheAfroBeat said...

Yay for salsa, i too have never gotten the stars aligned to complete a class or go dancing. But you've given me hope!

bumight said...

@solomonsydelle and writefreak: you people with hubbies should def. go, its a great idea for a romantic date!

@MDM: lol, the only hot sexy latina there smelt kinda funky, so i didnt give him ur number :( maybe next time!

@Emeka: so u saying 3rd base is oral?

@clnmike: yeah, she kinda sounded like she knows her stuff. i wonder...

@TheAfroBeat: Yes you can! Lol!

bArOquE said...

when you come for xmas, we shall try it out...no need to publicise

doll (retired blogger) said...

I luv dancing....maybe is hould take classes

Zayzee said...

someday, i will indulge myself. i have a friend who teaches salsa.

ibiluv said...

always though 3rd base was the *do*

salsa.......nice!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Third base? That's fingering and blow jobing ;)

the real "do"... that's a home run.

aloted said...

i love salsa!

Havent danced it in a while though

SMSL said...

Now i know wat 3rd base means!!! Madam salsa, so is it gonna be a regular thing!!!!

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Hmmmm Bumight, so you want to know more about baseball abi? Good to know you have taken up salsa...gist us more oooh.
More importantly, can I use a few ideas from ur Obama article for a write-up? Hope I don't have to pay the copywright fees?

guerreiranigeriana said...

...salsa...i love it and the music but have the hardest time just letting go and allowing the guy to lead me...go figure...people still refer to bases?!...wow!...

bumight said...

@baroque: LOL! you're on your own o!

@doll: u should, you'll have fun!

@uzezi: shame on you! you have a friend who teaches and u haven't indulged urself? gurl please! what are you waiting for?!

@ibiluv: nah, the only thing i knew was "homerun" is the "do"

@Aloofar: you would know right? so third base is both of them?

@aloted: so lets dust up our dancing shoes!

@pink lips: i dont know yet, i hope so. hopefully boyfie indulges me!

@Andy: of course you can, feel free, but once u hit it big, acknowledge a sistah!

@gnaija: actually, letting go was the easiest part for me, i was like " i dont have to do much!", i guess its only easy if the guy actually knows what he's doing.

onydchic said...

I used to go for this class with a friend... then realised semi-organised/ballroom dancing is not my thing... ah well.

bArOquE said...

might you oblige me with your ONE WORD please...

~Sirius~ said...

Hey, now you've got me thinking about Salsa, doesn't sound like a bad idea at all ................What's up with gay guy? LOL! excited like he got it right.

The Activist said...

Go Bumight, go go go go go

Hide and Seek said...

would love to try out salsa!!!

I was so sure aloofar wud know what third base is!!!

doll (retired blogger) said...

yea...i wish i had d time....maybe i'l make time

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Biko, what is wrong with blogger today? I am looking for the site of a blogger called 'PINK LIPS'. She apparently has 2 blogs - 'This why I write' (which belongs to Bumight) and 'Verstically Living' (which belongs to Aunty Verstic).

Na which kain G-shock nonsense be dis?

bumight said...

solomonsydelle, i have a link to her page on my home page.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ki lon shie, gan?

my friend, UPDATE!

NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

naijaleta said...

Hiya, I wanted to comment on Salsa but all that talk about first and second base made me forget about what I wanted to say about Salsa. Na wah for Femi B o. Even NDQ. The last time I checked she was a twenty year old student in Paris. Anyway, it's been a while.

How you dey? Hope you haven't missed me.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

@Naijaleta: The last time you checked was a while ago oh...cuz I'm a 21 year old student in America now. And I was only answering a question so blame Bumight for asking it...lol

@Bumight: Thanks for the birthday love. Don't worry the millionaire dream hasn't completely been forgotten...it just has a new deadline...lol

Afrobabe said...

Hmmm I have always thought third base was sex...I mean the actual DO!!!

Salsa hey...heard the dance acts like an aphrodisiac! confirm....

Buttercup said...

Good for u hon...LOL @ the gay dude!

...and so buttercup has learned a thing or two bout baseball..

*goes in search of someone to play with*

Buttercup said...

Good for u hon...LOL @ the gay dude!

...and so buttercup has learned a thing or two bout baseball..

*goes in search of someone to play with*

doug said...

@Femi:

"1st base- kissing
2nd Base- Boob action, fondling
3rd base- oral (blow, head) u name it
4th base - home run. Penetration, orgasms..the whole 9 yards or rather 9 inches...lool"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely hilarious. And here I was always babbling about how it was silly how guys always described sex using artisan tools (e.g screw, hammer, nail etc). Didn't know it was also about baseball lol [wipes a tear].

Tinu said...

lmaooo at the gay guy!!!

like everyone has said 3rd base is oral.hand, rubbing!! u know!!!

kay-shawn said...

Just learning to salsa? This is the eight year in the twenty-first century Bumight!

Anyway, hope you're okay.

Rebirth said...

guess everyone has spoken about 3rd base...........
i wanna salsa too!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigeress said...

what is 3rd base??!! lol!! I obvisouly learnt bad sturves in my primary school.

Doug got it right. but as at Primary school- 3rd base didnt inclue head/job. lol!

It makes me wonder if any of school mate then got up to no good- or it was just common for young folks to gossip about grown-up things.

Yewande Atanda said...

Salsa, love it!

The Healer said...

salsa...sexy...

Third base is everything but.

The Healer said...

salsa...sexy...

Third base is everything but.

Unknown said...

I have been dancing Salsa for three years in Naija and is absolutely fun.

I Just love the the feeling of being totally lost in an another man's arms. Is fun.. and you will love being free.. You guys are turning this into a sex education class.. You all re bad..LOL

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com