twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

specially for you....just because

I have “met” so many people since I started blogging, and I must say you all are an awesome lot. From the very uplifting comments, to the random comments, to the haters, its obvious why Im still hooked (except for the more obvious: I don’t have a life!, but of course we’ll carefully ignore that giant elephant…)

I cannot describe the friendships I have made through my blog, so much so that I dream of u guys sef.

Neways, this post is about one blogger in particular. She’s more than a regular blog stalker, I see her as a friend, even a sister. We chat many times on Google talk and somehow this friendship has grown without my noticing. She just came from behind and stole my heart (where was I?).

I have only spoken to her once , when I called her on her birthday. I didn’t say much. She said something to the effect of her birthday being boring cos she had no friends there and I promised to call on her birthday. She gave me her number and I made good my promise.

I don’t think she knows how much she helped me when randomly one day on Google talk I just poured out everything to her about something I was going through. I just wanted someone to talk to, someone who wouldn’t judge me or give me the cliché responses. After that conversation, I really felt relieved. Don’t know if I said thank you.

I have refused to add her on facebook, cos im guarding my relationship with her jealously. When u read this, I want you to know that I refused to add you on facebook, cos I didn’t want to corrupt what we have. I felt like it wouldn’t be the same if I get to put a face to the name. It’s like that best kept secret that you don’t want to share with the whole world. It’s powerful how you can feel a close connection with someone based on their words alone.

Babes, we’ll both succeed at this together. We are going to crush the Boards together (ok, so maybe not together, a la this morning's conversation cos this was written a while ago).

PS: ur First Aid is in the mail!  ( it'll stll be handy right?)

And even though you don’t know my real name, I’m glad that you’re there. I don’t know how long you’re going to be there for,(consider this emotional blackmail, u have to be there for a loooong time! ) but I’m happy that you are.


Thanks girl! (click on the link for blogger in question)

41 comments:

C said...

OMG AM 1st
hahahahhhahah LOL

C said...

: (

such nice friendship

but i think u sld let her know who u are...life is to short

n it cld bring ur friendship closer

who knows?

Unknown said...

Kai Chi...ok I accept 2nd...
Hey Bumite..u know wat me think?
Since u re great friend already ..why not invite her totally 2 ur world..
Since she will be reading dis post..she might even think u dont like her? Cos if I'm in her shows..will feel so bad after what we have shared. Just think about it babes.

Anonymous said...

HA. IT is me you talk of right? right? Fine I guess not. Me I am jealous of you peoples friendship o. awwww darling, this is completely lovely. Gosh can somebody get me a bestfriend on blogville too. I hope it lasts always, men. I hope it does.

Jay said...

awww..thats so nice, see what blogsville can do.

Afrobabe said...

lmao..there I was seriously trying to decode the blogger and you go and put up the link...mcheeeeewww..

awwww that is so sweet...I have made a great friend here as well...Shona, she is absolutely fab..

You know what makes this friendships more precious?? The fact that it was the mind you met first...Shona and I have hung out a couple of times and things are still as great as the day I met her...

Teeee said...

This is like the cutest cyber friendship. I understand why you want to retain your anonymity. At least when you guys have deep convos it'll still be meaningful and you won't feel like this girl knows this person or....

Take care xx

Teeee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awww! What a lovely tribute to a friend.

It's amazing how many wonderful people I have met through blogging...so great!

Roc said...

I guess knowing you have someone to talk to.. who won't prejudge you is always a good thing..
Especially an 'anonymous' someone that you can call a friend..
Didn't this stuff only happen in 'Tom Hank' movies? :-)

Ms Sula said...

Awwww, that's too cute!

I love it. I made a blog "friend" like this as well... sadly, she doesn't blog anymore.

Nice write up, darling.

Anonymous said...

nice stuf.... at least not every stalker is a bad one...lol

NaijaScorpio said...

Cute with a capital Q!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....*throat constricting* eyes all clouded up*...Blogville is it men!

Nefertiti said...

awwww! I knew who u were refering to becos I have been putting 2 and 2 together based on the comments u leave on her posts. Eiyah!

I feel u on wanting to guard ur friendship closely. I have met a friend on here as well. I hope that we can all lean on each other outside the blogworld.

Unknown said...

awww, so u and mizchif have a lil coup going on. i feel u on not revealing ur identities to each other cuz when i put faces to people ive been tlaking to, i kinda feel uneasy sometimes..... keep it strong gurl

bob-ij said...

This is so sweet of u!!..i absolutely lovely that bonds are being formed! Hope this goes far and I make the same sorta friends! x!

mizchif said...

I'm totally blushing now!
I feel so honoured. And grateful.
Don't worry, i'll be around for a good long time, and i totally understand about the anonimity and it's fine with me.

I'll run away now b4 i start gushing.

Femi B said...

wow y'all need to get a room...
i kid oh, Nice to find such friends in the least of places. May your friendship last forever.

badderchic said...

aww how cute, there really are wonderful pple on blogsville, its amazing!

Original Mgbeke said...

Awwww, this is really nice. Yay to blogger friendships. :-)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

That is so sweet Bumight. And whoever this friend of yours is, she is lucky to have you as a friend as well.

Ms.O said...

Awww that was very lovely of you. I have also made a few really good friends here. hope it all lasts!

poeticallytinted said...

We are all in a rush! Just stop and say a few nice words to someone. It could be the beginning of great things for the person and for you. Nice of you Bumight.

~Sirius~ said...

Awww.........how sweet.

I love the fact you don't want to put a face to the person.....pretty cool.

Even cooler.....both of you share the same career path Right? so you can lash out at each other.

Writefreak said...

That is so sweet...

I've met a no of wonderful people on blogville that i hope to keep as friends!

Vera Ezimora said...

Una sure say una no dey do love-love? Coz dis kin love letter, d thing intense ooo! Okay fine, I'm jealous! Why does Mizchif get one and I don't??? Is it because I'm a fine babe??? lol

And why didn't you add me as a friend on FB? I'm offended, hurt, and disappointed. I'm off to weep!!

SHE said...

I feel you on all counts. May the friendship last very long.

Rita said...

I thought it was going to be Vera, are you sure Vera will find this funny :-) She's even off to weep...

Anyway, this is a beautiful one,and you have a good heart to be so appreciative of this friendship.

Mizchif, you do well..

miz-cynic said...

mizchif.....do u and bumight live in the same city to start with?...then i think u 2 shd meet....rily?so u can see expressions and body language...tht matas in friendships too doesnt it?...it would make a richer friendship....know if u would rily clique by just giving each oda a sign and u know whts up...i have a friend like tht
i dnt even need to talk...i just need to "look"

doll (retired blogger) said...

hmm... so mushy

Unknown said...

hmmmmm 9ice

Anonymous said...

What about FBA, eh?

Shubby Doo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shubby Doo said...

awww...this is lovely...true friendships will last a lifetime so don't worry about loosing each other...God brought u into each other's lives for a reason

p.s
yippee that mizchif has de-privatised her blog

pp.s
i know what you mean about fb...it can corrupt, absolutely...

said...

Omo Oba, na waaaaa ohhh.

* * *
Mii komment has bin safed, hand will be fiisible after di owner appruvaal.

Smaragd said...

i know all about the beauty of this kind of friendship, and u needn't worry about it not lasting, enjoy every single minute of it. my curiosity would've got the better of me sha...lol

u girls keep doing ur thing, sounds awesome!

Buttercup said...

awwwwwwwww!

FineBoy Agbero said...

Hmmm... another competition...

Tigeress said...

aaaaaawwwww......bless!! I like this post.

I'm giving Shona a shout! :)

Isabella said...

WoW that is so cool , this has happened to me before and I finally met her (now like one of my best friends)....It's good having someone there u can talk to right ?

Hey btw I'm new to Blogville I like ur blog very intresting and cool ..check out my blog ...
chow!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com