when I made my blog private.
I'm not one to vent on my blog, and I keep telling myself its not a diary (yeah right!)
I lost my Annonymity eons ago, especially since it seems like a lot of people close to me read my blog.
I dont mind, especially since its not really a loss for me
I tell myself that I do me, but I can't deny that its affected what I write or dont
...and then I went and did it and got personally attached to my blog identity (schew!)
I felt a little selfish closing it down, but boy, for a minute there it felt private.
I'll stay open...at least for now
UPDATE:
I feel like I owe u guys an explanation (and its my life o, but then u guys make it feel like its our life)
The day I closed down my blog, I had some very personal things going on that I wanted to write. It almost felt like going outside naked.
Seeing as I'm not completely unknown, it would have been a gamble...and I knew some people close to me would get to read it.
I wouldnt have minded, if not for the fact that I was almost completely sure that somebody would interprete it the wrong way.
I am handling it sha.
I must confess that I was thinking only about myself when I went private, so I didnt bother to invite anybody. NDQ, Zephi, Naapali, Charizard, Incog, no vex!
I know how I felt when some of my secret favorite bloggers went private.
speaking of which, has anybody found littlemissme yet?
so I can imagine how my undacova readers would have felt.
For those who asked, I cant open another private blog as I'm already attached to this one (and this is coming from a blog addict who has 5 blogs!)
I have decided to write in one of my old, archaic blogs. Don't worry, I'm only writing sparsely in it.
I think I'm in love with my blog *thinking* is that good or bad?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

60 comments:
I can understand your struggle with this. And I'm glad you've chosen to remain open for now.
I can only speak from the viewpoint of a 'young blogger'. Sometimes I'm sad that I haven't had the opportunity to read blogs like 'Desperate Girl' and that of other bloggers who went private b4 I started blogging. But I also understand the need to keep the freedom and honesty that blogging brings. Though I'm still young to blogging I've considered going private and may well do at some point.
Anyway, if you do go private I hope 'we' will be invited.
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
how are you
i hope you enjoy every minute of your beautiful life.
you are fantastic!!!
a kiss for you, my dear friend!
god bless u dear
can we exchange our link
r u ready to do?
bye
take care
god bless you dear
I know when people know who you are it tends to limit your creative and imaginative freedom so I suppose its not such a bad thing you went private.
abeg stay open jare!
plsssss stay open!!
at least it'll help u configure ur thoughts..i guess the whole privacy issue can really be an issue buh oh well..
Lost your anonymity?That kinda sucks.The whole point to this is at least in part the ability to speak without worrying about any consequences.Candour is inversely proportional to anonymity.
Perhaps you should open a second,private blog where you can post your more incendiary thoughts.Just a thought.
Whenever u decide to go private again, abeg don't 4get to invite me. Don't mind those yeye people, whoever they are.
dont even think of it!
Fi le' dont touch it!
lol@ manda
bumight nor mind dem -dem jare.
IT IS WELL!!!
well, well, going private or just plain shutting down blogs seems to be the order of the day!
oh well... do what u think is right for u.
dont think bout the private thing o. i read on swits blog that u had gone private see ther way i raced here. phew
Better stay open...just saw ur comment somewhere...lmao...pls dont share...plssssssssssssssss
I agree that when you know that family and friends are reading, you write differently, your ability is stifled.
I don't know if having a private blog to write your thoughts would work, especially if you really enjoyed being able to write anonymously about things that were going on, and getting input from your blog community.
That being said, this oyinbo blogger who's fairly well known and making a living from her blog (she brings in an estimated $40,000US PER MONTH from the ads on her blog, check it out) once wrote a rant about her parents' religion and the backlash from family was great—her father didn't talk to her for three months—and she eventually took the entry down. It just goes to show you the influence of those close to you on what you put out there.
I hope if you do decide to move, you'll let me know. I love reading you.
lmao...you will def be first on that one!!!
i was already catching a case because you did not invite me...well i am glad your back
Girl I hope u r much better.
Do not go private like that again oh. Cos we r gonna miss u.
So u saw d gown. am sure u liked it.
u can run but u cant hide!!
dont go anywhere ohh
abeg!
I wonder when we Nigerians will grow up and learn to mind our business. If you think going private is better, please do and I'm sure you'll be a happier person for doing that. All the best.
i wonder why people dont mind their business and feel when they read ur blog, they know everything about you...... it can be quite frustrating, i feel you....... do whateva ur instincts tel u too but pls do not forget my invite if u ever go private....... :)
I was seriously vexing with you oh! We had blog beef!LOL
But I understand-i just realised how not private my blog is and it scares me. My worse fear is that someone will let my mum read this blog some day. This is why im very careful about what I put on my blog...and like you, I dont have time for another blog. Oh well...
If you decide to go private again, invite me oh!
Muah...xxxx
LAILAI!!!!
I still dey vex o...u have to do alot better than that to appease me,let me tell you now
*psst is it obvious that I am mock angry?*
Its ok love...I totally understand and read ma blog next week, I have a lil som'n for you...
Glad you reopened it, you are like family now and it would hurt not to read ur blog anymore
:)
1 updated.
I visited before but was sooo bounced!! glad it aint private.
my dear, it's ok. na ur own, do u decide wot u want 2 do wit it. pls, am also looking 4 little miss me too
my docki, if you do decide to go private, we'd respect your choice oh.
hope u make the right choices.
tk good care
But honestly, where is littlemissme? She was one of the first to welcome me to blogville and i miss her so.
Anyways, i think most of us bloggers are in love with blogging and with our blogs. U r not alone in that one.
Ah, thank God say you don take medicine to clear your mind. Kai, this private kini, na wa.
How are you Aunty Bumight? I hope you are feeling good and staying cool in the heatwave we are experiencing oh!
I certainly understand the feeling. I have deleted my blog TWICE, yet I am still here. I think it's an addiction. LOL. But again, I know how you feel. Glad to know you are dealing with whatever it is/was.
Much love
-Q
Take it easy ;)
...yeah!!!!...she is open again for business!!!!...i understand your dilemma completely...that added to the fact that i am somewhat of a conspiracy theorist...anyway...i hope you do find some other way to therapeutically release what you need to and can't on the blog...welcome back lovey...*exhales*...
I haven't really read all your other comments so maybe someone has already suggested this. But is there anyway you can password protect the posts you don't want the wrong people reading?? It helps, at least you don't have to shut your entire blog down.
how did i miss all the drama?
se u r alright sha?
I was shocked when i clicked on ur link and saw that you had gone private.
I understand whow you feel dear, got some family and friends who read my blog too and this makes it imposssible for me to be totally free to post anything on my blog.
Hang in there!
I understand the way you feel...
We really appreciate you coming back...
Welcome home!
Soupasexy wan go private. u too???? ha! wetin dey happen? we should report all these blog-enemies can keep exasperating others. really, i can't understand how someone or persons can set out 2 b a pain n d butt 4 another person. wen them no dey feed dem! really, i don't get it
Babe, that's why I never even bothered being an anonymous writer. LOL. I blog with my real name - although my face is still hidden to "most." I say most because some have already discovered me.
ahh.. i am so glad i did not come to ur blog when u went private.. i would have had a fit...
Please dont go? besides when u become a doctor, i am willing u experiment on me.. LoL
awww...am happy u decided to stay open!!!...whatever happens, do what makes you happy. Ill continue reading.. xoxo
Ah ah wuts goin on here? U went private? Me im very nosy o, I wanna know wut happened......tell me na plssssssssssssss honey bum
Hiya,
WLT know if you're still going private cos I'd like to add your blog to my blog roll. Thanks for your comment sha.
Something's so not right when you lose the freedom to express yourself in anyway you like.
Just thought to let you know that you are one of my favorite bloggers.
I'm guessing you will still go private. Invite me oh!
In the end, it's your decision. I never hid my identity seeing it (the blog) was partly meant to propel my work. That has had its pluses and minuses. I've stayed in the game through it all though.
For some, their blogs have died natural deaths...some were murdered (violently too) and some commited suicide. Some day I intend to write on the generations of bloggers and there've been at least 3 over the past two and a half years.
u went private and i didn't get an invite?
i understand o, but i hope u learn to remain true to urself and maintain ur essence.
i have no apologies for my views and feelings. they make me who i am.
have a great wkend bluv.
Im glad ur still here for us to read and keep loving.. keep your head up mama.. luv u
thanks 4 considering we undacova readers...lol...yea am feeling u....i wanted to close my blog and i hadnt even been a month old..i can only imagine especially KNOWING that ur close friends read it.....I PRAY EVERYDAY THAT NO ONE I KNOW FINDS ME....IT MIGHT NOT BE FOR LONG THO.,..SINCE ONCE UPON A TIME...YOUNG AND NAAIVE IN THE BLOG WORLD ...I ACTUALLY Had up a pic!!!!! sigh!!!!!!!!WELCOME BACK BEYEBY!!!!!
i was mad at you for going private without telling family.
but somehow i knew you'd have an explanation soon.
glad you're back, i've satlked and yabbed you a little for closing in on me.
i just discovered my friends got to find this blog, i let them have the unanonymous one but the haunted me down here, and i really dont care anymore, if i have something to say, then i'll say. so should you.
MWUAH!
and i need your details for the feathered outfit.
Glad to see you're working things through.Take care sha.E no easy.
PS Regarding your question,let's just say I elect to keep a few secrets:)
Aww..i miss the bloggers when they go private...so stay a little longer...
All is forgiven.
Yes you worry about people knowing you and loss of anonymity etc but eventually you write because you want /need to.
I am tres tres desolee at the disappearance of littlemissme.
I still mourn the departure of Belle.
This our blog universe is like an airport, some of us work there and many others are just on their way somewhere else.
Aunty bumight! You claimed the "furst" spot and respect has been duly given. lol!
Take care and oh yeah, feel free to update oh!
i feel u on this one for someone like me that rarely updates and wen i do, dont get enough feedback that kinda of discourages me then again its my fault cos i dont network. then each time that happens i make up my mind not to blog again but then i keep comin back regardless its an addiction babe. pls visit my blog site
Oh... kay! so u were having a moment and we've forgiven that, can u please kindly, medically, surgically, "taurusly" update? "thank you in advance for a favourable response"
...lol @ smaragd...but i agree...update please!...
I LOVE UR ARTICLES KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
Just make a separate anonymous and secret blog where you can talk about anything you want...that's what I did.
But for goodness sake, don't go private again!
blogville idol 08 is coming soon and its going to be fun!check out my page for more details
Pele!
When i saw on charizard's blog that you went private i was thinking what is doing this girl jus when i start to read her blog she decides to go private! lol
I know how you feel, there's a whole lot of stuff i dont even bother to blog about...
Glad u feel better sha
ef babe
glad u r back! hope u've sorted all thats goin on...take it ez babe!
Post a Comment