By now, you know about the love-hate relationship I once had with my name – It doesn’t end there.
Right about the time I started getting comfy with my name, I’ve always dreamt of the time when I get ONE song to my name. I’m so modest, I only ask for one. Before you come and say not everyone has a song to their names, I just want to say: Asko! that’s their loss, I don’t care. I want one by fire by force.
In high school, I had this friend she had one of the names I always wanted, and more. I don’t know how many names this girl has, but she has three songs to her name (no pun intended). Really. One by Junior and Pretty, Remedies and Olu Maintain…and that is only one human being o!
Ever since styl plus came out with Olufunmi, the dream has even intensified. I once toyed with the idea of sending them an email, just to suggest some things to them *wink*
Anywayz, since the boom in the Nigerian music industry, my options have really opened up. Who would be the perfect crooner to make my dreams come true?
Will it be
Styl plus like I once thought?

Pros: These bad boys have done it before, sure they can do it again, or can they? And I get three for the price of one!
Cons: I don’t think I could live with the horrible video that I’m almost sure is bound to accompany the song, especially as I know its going to be a mega hit!
2. Dbanj? - or skibanj like his jamaican brothers call him (lol!)

The Kokomaster himself! Now everybody knows that I’m the Head Kokolette –in-Charge. This would be the icing on the cake! The utmost honor that an HKIC deserves, plus I know I’ll get airplay cos its Dbanj
But…I don’t think I’d appreciate “koko master…or I’m dbanj or skibanj like my Jamaican friends call me” as part of the lyrics. And frankly, I think everybody is tired of hearing what the Dbanj’s Koko can or cannot do. Knowing Dbanj, he'll be shouting his name more than mine, so...
3. Olu Maintain

Kamikazee on a Kentro Level!
this dude has the experience (have u heard the Fatima song?), but I just have a feeling that the song would be razz coming from Olu Maintain and Fatima didn’t quite get a lot of airplay
4. Naeto C

Now I know if he does it, the track will be heavy with the P!
and judging by his current videos, I know the video accompanying the song will be on faya!
5. P-Square

They did sing Ifunaya and I liked it, plus I have a secret crush on one of them
But…I just wonder how they’ll do with the accent.
so what do u guys think?

64 comments:
yes the nigerian industry is booming and not just with movies lol i love naeto C though <33
yes the nigerian industry is booming and not just with movies lol i love naeto C though <33
I will sing one for you FOC and i can even do Blogville Idol because of you :)
Olubumighty ma pa mi lekun o
Olubmighty jowo fun ni acess si walkgin with Jesus Blog e
Jowo Baby Bumighty
you are mighty fine o
See just like dat
LMAO@30+
bumight,what more can u ask for? that the new kid on the block ,30+ is doing her 1st track on ur name?lolllllllllllllll
ok lets try all of them?
but i think p-square will be cool(close ur eye to the accent and enjoy the Rhythm)
where is Asa, Shasha, Kween hmmmmmmm whoelse, yes Zeal in this review of names? Until I see them in ur part 3 of this post, no comment!!!
I think you should jo with Olu Maintain - It will be Razz - very Razz.. but Razz is the new cool.. LOL
loooooool..I had that as my facebook status a while back...after i heard julie nd ifunaya..and Onyinye...am burnt mayne I want one with my name too!!!..anywayz...God dey!!!
Onyinye: that makes two of us!
30+ are u sure? dont get my hopes up o! alright, blogville idols, here we come!
darkelcee so p-square is ur choice? Psquare or 30+ which one do u choose?
standtall It'll be more sexy if the guys sing it, everybody u mentioned are girls, it'll definitely be odd coming from them.
Allied: razz is the new cool? if u say so!
Ms O: which one is Onyinye again?
lol!
BTW, how can you differentiate between the twins Peter and Paul?? They look same to me...can't imagine u crush over one and not the other too,lol!
Try Barrister or Kollington...they can do wonders with names...bumight will become bumbum, bumitimiti...in their mouths..might sound razz but like Allied said, razz is the new cool. Original Mgbeke can tell u more on that.
I have a not so secret crush on Naeto C and Banky W!! I can totally relate with having a love-hate relationship with your name. I always wish my parents had named me something else. I just felt like my name was a bit common. I wish I had the guts like *Bobby Taylor* to just go ahead and change my name. Lol at Styl-Plus messing up videos!!
P-Square carries my vote. they have d voice. they can also manage 2 sound romantic & n love. dir videos don remarkably improve. d bobos dey! No oh 2 D'banj. e go make pple dey think u be him fuck-buddy. I for recommend Tuface! him video na rubbish, but d bobo dey carry romance like say he mean am well well
All right, I see ur point. From Ablackjamesbond (d longest name on blogville) point, you shd try Salawa Abeni! Lol
I am actually ROTFLMAO! okay i'm not rolling on the floor but am giggling madly at my PC cuz am at work!
i totally agree with u on all counts as per the artistes, esp D'banj!
and i have been hoping against hope that my name will be "crooned" to as well, but errr...
lol @ "Asko"
BTW, Bumight darling, i'll personally compose the lyrics to the song if u'll grant me entry to ur second blog! pretty please?
my vote goes to PSquare as well it's just that they might use that their girlfriend again (that ex miss nigeria in the ifunanya si a girlfee to one of the P's)...lol
i can guess which of the P's u have a crush on and it's thesame one i like too.
PRINCESA, it's very easy to differentiate btw them jo. i dnt like the one with dreadlox.
I see you've updated. Do you really need anyone to sing about you. I could always write about you when I become a best-selling author.
Make way..
Off course i'll be honoured to sing a song about you.
You don't have to ask dear.
lol.
Psquare would be a terrible idea. Dont go there.
Dbanj might be a lovely one too as long as he doesnt yell...
She like long thing..
Prisca
Its very easy: the one without the dreads is finer and the one with the dreads is razzer!
007
see, I would have tried that avenue, except that I dont have money and as such they wont sing for me!
NDQ
trust me, u dont want to be crushing on Banky W!, well if u cant change ur name like Bobby T, I guess the only other option is to enjoy it?
something to do with lemons and lemonades
Florida
Tuface has so many baby mamas, what are the chances that he'll pick my name before theirs? lol!
Standtall
Salawa Abeni ke? even if i was going for razz, her time has passed!
smaragd
that makes two of us! come this babe, are u sure u're not living my life? take time o! we cant be crushing on the same P!
naijaleta
thank GOd u have said it here publicly, I have evidence, so that when u become the next Big author u dont forget me, lol!
carlang
yes, u get my Dbanj point exactly. that would be horrible! so when are u recording my song?
u can even make it a duet with 30+!
I don't know if Olu Maintain would be more razz than Dbanj. Just think about it every other word would either be File! or Don Jazzy. And the plus is that Wande Coal can be singing the hook.
Ablackjames bond started it o and I just remembered to add the name o(lol)
see as you just use style analyse the pros and cons of these artist..lol
I second Carl.Forget P-Square and Dbanj;dem too razz.Styl-plus could do it,and maybe Olu Maintain.Naeto I don't know.Obiwon yes,provided you ban him from doing the video:)
It's sorta like getting a tattoo;you make sure you'll enjoy it ten years from now.
PS Don't look at me though,my voice was meant for singing in the shower:)
Dannng, that shifi guy in style plus sure is good looking...hmmm, just wannna run my hands on his chest....
What was the question again?
Ok..who to sing your name...hmmmm, how about Asa...lmao...ok...no girls huh...
lemme see...
I love Omege me by Psquare, so Ill just have to go with them...
Love the koko master but I swear his name will show more than urs...lol
Lmao! I can't laff mehn! Goodluck find the dude to do your 'name song'. Hpe u r gud.
ef babe
lollllll....i wud go for naeto c..
LMAO!...psquare is a no no, i love their songs, but the accent kills me to death.
dbanj skibanj, might not be a good idea as he'll tell the world 'you wouldnt leave him alone always calling his phone'
olu maintain...well, you'd be the girl he'll say left him when the yahoozee funds dried up.
naeto seems like your best bet though, i'd suggest ikechukwu but he might mention your name just once and finish the rest of the tracks scream IKEEECHUUKWU! lol
i almost bullied or rather i'm in the process of bullying a dude to sing a song with my name on my birthday. hope my bitch slaps work on him.
i won't give it to any of the guys u mentioned.
why not allow guys that can add a little bit of 'tiwan tiwan' flavour to it.9ice & Lord of Ajasa wn't be a bad idea but i will give it to Lord of Ajasa(laughing?).
i also wn't agree wit d guys that said our musicians are 'razz'.these guys re original-d only reason i'm crazy abt d present nigerian music industry.
thanks 4 checking out my blog!
at least now u love ur name soooooooooooooo much u want it shouted out to the world.
at least now u love ur name soooooooooooooo much u want it shouted out to the world.
I'd say P-Square..hip, current, their music always hit the right tones.
If i could write a song with your name i would ..but i cant, lol.
have a good week dr..take good care
Ahh please tell me why I shouldnt be crushing on Banky W?! Let me know so I can stop all crushing sharp sharp.
just linked to you at ...Easier...
How are you doing?
' will go with the koko master anyday gal, sing , song or not...lol
howdy?
NO!!! its not complete jor! wat abt
TU-BABA,
norrin do u
sweerie, pls make that place juicier before u gimme access! the address is "thehola@gmail.com". thanx.
as per ur crooner, maybe u should try Wande Coal, he's fresh, nice voice, no accent et al. BUT give him one condition, Dbanj must not appear in the video or sing at that! lol
I saw the P-square videos over and over ystday and i must admit that OUR P is really hot! i think he's the one dating the ex-miss Nigeria though *long sigh*
well the best artists there is styl plus, so if anthing them
anyway why do you need them, i will sing for you of cause, special special, dont worry
where is 2face? ;)
okrika girl
wande coal would definitely be an incentive to go with dbanj!
standtall
i see, two of u are trying to make me razzer than i already am abi?
zephi
Its necessary my sister.
nine
If p-square and Dbanj are razz, what makes olu maintain better? he's even razzer than them!
dont worry about ur shower voice, with the technology available, we can make u sound like brian mcknight!
Afrobabe
U want his number (shifi)? lol!
efbabe
the luck will definitely be needed at the rate things are going.
buttercup
that means u know the P!
fantasy queen
so can you bully someone into writing a song for me too? lol!
musco
9ice might not be a bad idea (i dont want T-payne's wahala sha, lol)
the fact that some musicians add a little nigerian flavor into their music doesnt make them razz, thats actually why i love listening to most of them. However there's no denying that there are some really razz ones. Dbanj is razz, naeto is cool. get it?
lighty Kopearl
I know, right! We just need the perfect artiste to shout it! (and we know that 2face cant shout, lol!)
genius
u cant write songs? poor u! lol!
NDQ
u cant crush on Banky W because from the reports reaching me he's like a tuface without all the kids, get it?
Sydelle
I'm good. I'm on my way to urs to check!
ms emotions
do i detect a kokolette speaking? lol!
LG
tubaba? do we need to start on him? I think i wrote something in the comments on why it cant be him!
Nooooooooo not at all. Na tips we dey give u
Bumight lv, stick with styl plus. Am a big fan any day anytime.
LMAO...i can relate with the name thing...mine is very unusal for a yoruba girl too...only just accepted how beautiful my name was a couple of years back.
i say no to dbanj...i'm for styl plus...i think
Really, I DO NOT WANT MY NAME sung by anyone. Hmm, except maybe......Mariah :)
Can I scratch off all your options and suggest WANDE COAL. Oooh weeeeee! That voice sha... he can croon my name ANYTIME! LOL...How you see am?
Lol @ Olu's singing your name in a razz song. I quite liked Fatima and am surprised you said it didnt get a lot of airplay.
Koko master will do you justice!
Lol @ Olu's singing your name in a razz song. I quite liked Fatima and am surprised you said it didnt get a lot of airplay.
Koko master will do you justice!
I really think neato C would giv u a fresh video plus plush finish but he might not get d air play n smash hit u desire...lol...hahahaha...u really finished Psqure with their accent dilema...lol...u wicked
i love love love naeto c...he is so talented..i really like ur blog too..ill be back!
Lol...
Naeto C it is jo
dang!! This gel eh... big dreamz. Personally i'd go wif Styl Plus or P-Square!
but mehn.. wat of wande coal na??? d guy fit sing o!!!
...look at you!!!...lol...which kind hkc wey dey carry mouth and talk badly about the koko master?...ehn?...i will surely report this nonsense...shei you'll be demoted in no time!!!...and then i can be hkc!!!...bwahahahahahaha!!!!..
...in regards to who should sing...duh...the koko master...in fact, he can describe what the koko can do for you;)...lol...
I'd want P-Square or Style Plus. I wouldn't want the song by Dbanj in case God forbid he wants to add how he finished me with his koko or something as equally disturbing. Good luck to us both :P
Ok I am now obsessed with the Fatima song... I blame you :D xoxo
i 'll have to go with naeto c
and if that fails i ll spring 50 bucks for olu fajemirokun to sing ur name as long as u don't find the chorus "ah lady doctor o" razz. lol
hmmmmmmmm am confused still thinking!
Thought I'd left a comment here b4. I'm not so much into the current naija music scene, hence my lack of knowledge here. So I'd recommend ASA... you may not interested in babes.... Oh... what about the Gongo Aso guys?
Bumight, why didnt u respond to my comment? dont vex me o.
@smaragd: no vex! I'll send u the email soon.
@smaragd: no vex! I'll send u the email soon.
exactly wht dd u mn by "But…I just wonder how they’ll do with the accent" w.r.t PSquare?
dont wori, d heavy 'H' prevalent with Tetuila, Olu-Maintain & co is ABSENT with PSquare, Naeto C, Obiwon... dont h8, aprc8.
@ynot: thank God they don't have the h-factor, but you can't deny that they have very igbotic accents, lol! btw are u related to them? or are u one of them, omigosh! I'm just going to shut up now.
its ur blog, so u'll always win the war-of-words, ryt?
now, to ur q. m not related to any of them. i just cldnt help noticing sum trybl sentimnts abt ur comnts on PSquare. I cld be wrong. but PSquare bn da ish @ d momnt plus bn Igbo; BUMIght obviously bn Yoruba; me, having lived in Lag amongt Yorubas for some 25yrs...naaahh!
LOL.
of course there were trybal sentimetns abt my comments on psquare, but dont get me wrong I love psquare- at least the half I have a crush on, lol. my name is a yoruba name, will they sing it with the proper accent? that was what i meant. It had no negative connotation. cool?
of course there were trybal sentimetns abt my comments on psquare, but dont get me wrong I love psquare- at least the half I have a crush on, lol. my name is a yoruba name, will they sing it with the proper accent? that was what i meant. It had no negative connotation. cool?
Post a Comment