twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Here comes the bride...

...maid




While everyone is struggling to be a bride , bumight just wants to be a bridesmaid – first! Now im not saying I want to be the girl in 27 dresses, but I just want to have at least one dress of my own.
I’ve never been a bridesmaid before. First, my extended family is weird. We don’t have that never ending network of cousins and cousins. All my cousins are waaaay older than me, so I was never in their setting. The closest thing I’ve come to being a bridesmaid is being the little bride for one of my auntys.
I still remember the whole experience. Everybody treated me like I was the bride- the attention was great. The only glitch was that the “little groom” (or what do they call them now) was a boy from my class that I totally despised. We had to hold hands (urgh!!!!!!) and even take a picture together. The horror! (to my little mind that is). Ok, im digressing here.

Yes Nefie, u’ve seen it so many times- the wistful eyeing of the train. The envious looks- I confess, that was me! Just that this time, I wasn’t eyeing the bride, I was eyeing the bridesmaids. In their little color coordinated outfits, nice hair and make-up, and their dainty lil flowers.

I was reading the comments on Aloofar's blog when I saw this comment:
see, I'm not asking for too much. I dont even want to be chief bridesmaid, I just want to be a bridesmaid for once in my life!

We have been friends all this while. I’ve shouted first on your blogs, I’ve cried on ur page, laughed with you and maybe given u advice from the wealth of knowledge that I have…not! So why don’t we take this relationship further. Make my wish come true!
Vera, that ur valentine showing up at ur door, u think it was a co-incidence ehn? , or Spicytee, that ur new “admirer” showing up on valentine’s day, na your work?

Afrobabe, Shona…no need to be scared. I will try very much (and it wont be easy, but what are friends for?) not to look hotter than you guys, if that’s what you’re scared of.
So that means I have to start being extra nice to vera, sheesh! (this is going to be hard work o!

at this rate, I might even be close to my own 27 dresses...all I just need to do is..

So I'm looking for new best friends of marriagiable age:
Are you engaged?
do you think/know he's going to propose very soon?
you might be the new best friend I'm looking for!
Leave me a comment after the meep....meep!
NOTE: ALL EXPENSES WILL BE PAID BY THE BRIDE :)


PS: I heard that you guys aren't sending in your nominations for the Naija Bloggers Award? Category B nominations have started. Click on the logo on the side of the page and nominate all your favorite bloggers.



PPS: My wachumacallit has been discovered. Apparently, he's not a prince but he's a senator who knows the queen. He's totally and awesomely in love with me
Funms, he has a brother! But he doesn't have a private jet. My "source" cannot confirm if he's cute cos she hasn't seen him, but I know he just doesn't want to reveal the cuteness to her so tht she doesn't double cross me ;)... don't believe me? check Ibiluv's comment on my last post.
ok, so maybe her comment is not exactly written as i typed it above, but i believe that's what he meant to say!

46 comments:

H2O-works said...

Is this really happening??? Me..first??..Oh wow, Im first..yay!!!

H2O-works said...

Don't worry Im sure ur bridesmaid opportunities are coming, even maid of honor sef...u know wat they say, "When it rains, it pours"...lol

Anonymous said...

i beg H2O go somewhere o jare. Bumightttttttttttt - yes o boo. I shall be your friend. Although I dont currently know who HE is, I think that God can surprise me soon ehn? Abi no be so. Anyways so you might want to consider being VERY nice to be. The price to be my bridesmaid will be very cheap. send me an email and I will send you the details. XOXO

Funmie said...

Bumight.. are u really sure about what u saying?
i have been a bridemaid once and a hostess the other time... it was mad expensive mehn.
i have another wedding coming up and i am one of the bridesmaid again ( not rubbing it in but...lol)
it's fun but expensive sha. I have to vomit 300 dollars during this period of recession and that excludes, shoes to match dress and lace (2 shoes), jewelry, hair, nails and so on.

think! think!! think!!!

Femi B said...

hey you can start a "rent a bridesmaid" agency or go find the agencies that recruit bridesmaid. I know in Ghana they hire criers for burials so I would assume they hire bridesmaids too for weddings

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...this is a funny post

Bumight, maybe you should start "bridesmaid for hire" and you will be sure to appear in as many weddings as you want

Nefertiti said...

Bumight, u need to ask those who have been multiple BMs- not fun. I have a friend whose new year resolution is to NOT be anyone's BM- lol. She was in about 8 weddings in 07, and 6 in 08. You are here in MD, and have never been BM? Why that's unbelievable!

When I'm re-newing my vows, I shall recruit u...lol

H2O-works said...

@Temite...na wetin I do you...mscheew...see me see trouble oo..lol

Thirty + said...

I had to sign off being bridesmaid before my gowns reached 27. The bride felt sad but me I had had enough and told everyone not to even think of it anymore...

The wahala can be too much.

You can be mine sha as long as you can provide seven marriagable guys at my wedding and we achieve 60% success of matchmaking (Altar bound ni o). Otherwise I shall collect all my expenses plus interest.

If you are interested in the proposal send me your CV and the profile of the 7 blokes please included the senator stalker's profile as he is the deal clincher - lol.

Jay said...

you are on my list..as soon as the man arrives i will be calling you up....ur really funny lol!

Jayla. said...

lol, av signed off from weddings cos i think my CV don do. 6 times a little bride, twice a flower girl, 3 times a bridesmaid and twice a maid of honour. Good thing tho, all expenses were covered by the bride.

Infact Jayna's wedidng they got free hair, make up, dresses and a gift bag containing accessories and stuff.

ermmmm, yankeenaijachick just got engaged so give her a call ASAP

mizchif said...

I've been having minor bridesmaid pangs myself. Especially lately as everyone and their sister is getting married and uploading pics on fb. Plus ppl r getting really creative and fashion foward with the outfits for the train these days.

Good thing u said expenses shd be covered by d bride, cuz those outfita do cost quite a preety penny.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

will u be my bridesmaid??

Anonymous said...

lol Bumight you are not serious!
see 36 has extended hands of bridesmaid to you ..you better accept!

Toluwa said...

em, bumight...i shant be marrying anytime soon, but am pretty sure u can find bride to hire u if u put an ad! lol!

Btw, as much fun as it is, its ridiculously stressful. The bridesmaid is in charge of the bride and has to be with her 24/6..one day to rest! the only funpart is the wedding itself, and maybe the bridal shower!

doll (retired blogger) said...

LMAO…I assure you that all expenses will be paid by the bride NOT

Anonymous said...

The only reason you want to be a bridesmaid is because you haven't been one before, even the most normal and grounded of all human beings can turn bridezilla-ish at the drop of a hat. I'll take wedding guest over bridesmaid anyday

~Sirius~ said...

Note taken- if I hear of a wedding lacking a brides maid, I'll Holla..... Not sure I'll have brides maids, just my sis as maid of honour and "the ladies"

Anonymous said...

You may have a better chance nudging your friends down the aisle, becuase I feel like you missed the rush of bloggers getting married somehow. Who knows? Maybe the next "wave" is just around the corner!

A point you touched on (lol quite indirectly!) is that being a bridesmaid multiple times can be expensive and as Heigl showed us you totally CANNOT wear those dresses again! lol

Roc said...

See Bumight.. I'm the only nice one..
Everyone else suggested you put up an ad.. but guess what the Roc didja..?
Yup.. placed an ad for you!!

Caelestis Angelus! said...

lol. This is so funny. Yes im getting married soon and lets see how it goes, if youre a really good girl till then, i may consider you on my list of already waiting bridesmaids lol.

P.S: Please add this to your blog list

http://yourweeklydevotional.blogspot.com/

Thank you

Anonymous said...

U sure the 27 dresses thingy has not confused you...... My kid sister absoutely refuses to do bridesmaids anymore.. after just 6.... maybe as the others have said you'll reconsider after you've had some real life bridesmaidship!

Writefreak said...

You made me laugh at wanting to be a bridesmaid, all i ever got to be was flower girl a no of times and i'm not sure i ever wanted to be a bridesmaid, i didn't even have a train at my wedding...
Since you're looking for engaged pple to be friends with, lol, maybe try Yankeenaijababe..lol..she just got hitched!

ShonaVixen said...

awww darling...u can be my bridesmaid..now lemme go and find the husband to be!!!

Tari. N said...

hey bumight...i was doing a tour of blogsville and i came across your blog..Nice one..i've already added you to my bloglist.
lol@ your post...dont worry, kip praying..i see your dream of being a bridesmaid coming true in the near future..lmao
Love your blog, will be back.
Later Babes!!
F.

Anonymous said...

...and he holds his peace (oops, bids his time).

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

lol bumight. all expenses paid by the bride lol. i will help u scout 4 eligible brides

Emeka Amakeze said...

And it came to pass that one day Bumight was a chief bridesmaid!

poeticallytinted said...

You sound so well... needy, i would've said come be my maid of honor but then, light bulb! there's no groom in sight. lol.

bumight said...

@H2o-works: are u lol-ing at me? thats it! im not giving u ur prize for being first!

@Temite: how do i know that being "VERY nice" to you is going to be "VERY hard"? email is too long, im going to send u an IM, lol

@Funmie: of course you're rubbing it in! schew! that is why i've edited the post with the disclaimer, that the bride will be responsible!

@Femi B: rent-a-bridesmaid? abeg, its not that deep. lol, i said "friends"

@naijagirl: u too? bridesmaid for hire? im not yet that desperate, maybe if i get to that stage, i'll consider

@Nefertiti: well, she's been in what? 14 weddings? of course she's tired of it

@H20-works: lol, didnt u know the "FIRST" spot on my blog is reserved for temite?

@30+: only 7 marriageable guys? that's beans! no problem!
senator ke? im saving him for... lol

@wordmerchant: dont be putting me on "is coming" o! lol.

@jayla: you too, rubbing it in ehn? chei! why didnt u tell me about jayna's wedding before she got married? im looking for friends like jayna o! lol.

@mizchif: see, kindred spirits! dont even get me started on fb!

@36: its not April fool's day yet, is it?

@pink-satin: lol, see, they said a problem shared is a problem half-solved

@just...Toluwa: from what i know, thats the job of the CBM...

@doll: read Jayla's comment above :)

@kpakpando: yeah, i guess so...i hope i dont turn into a bridezilla o...the thought of it alone *shudders*

@sirius: i dont want to be BM for any random person jor, i want to be BM for u, my sweet potato, lol!

@GNG: u dont know how long i've been nudging my friends for. actually, im booking before the next "wave", lol.
i know, such a waste of a good dress! these days though, people are going fashion forward with it, maybe i can wear it again...on a different continent, lol!

@RocNaija: where's the ad? still looking for it o! elenu-sugar!!!

@Caelestis: yay! lol. i like ur name o. will blog roll u!

@Danny Bagucci: just after 6? me? im after 0! cant u do the math? then again, what did i expect.....Loserpool!

@Writefreak: you didnt have a train? YNC might be too late for me, if someone had tipped me .. 3 months before, lol!

@ShonaVixen: lol, goodluck finding him...for my sake!

@fashinga: will check ur blog out...AMEN! i claim it!

@rethots: bidding ur time for what?
I refuse to be confused this early morning, so u better come and explain urself!

@anonymous gal: yes o, the bride has to carry the expenses, i roll with bigs girls..lol

@Emeka: AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@poeticallytinted: maybe u're the one who cant see the groom...yet!

Buttercup said...

LMAO! Bumight wait o, did i miss the memo u sent out indicating that u had turned crazy? Ur last few posts have had me in stitches!!!

NoLimit said...

Bumight you're cracking me up big time! All the best in your search!!!lol

Smaragd said...

Lmao! Buttercup stole the words ryt out of my mouth! this is a whole new Bumight... getting even crazier and it shows! (remember "whole new OMO, washes even brighter and it shows?" exactly)

i have had to turn down "bridesmaidery" this year, cuz i heard one should only be a bridesmaid 3 times in a lifetime and I was a bridesmaid at least 4 times last year! lol, added to the fact that it's not small money.

Was dying to be a chief bridesmaid before, not anymore!

all that said, u should pally with Oluwadee, u know she's now a wedding planner, so she could hook u up...lol

Vera Ezimora said...

Dis babe, you don kolomental finish! So this is what this was all about? LOL. Well, I've been a maid of honor (chief bridesmaid) once [for Busola]; never been a bridesbaid, but will be one soon. Just like Funmi said, the thing dey xpensive ooo

....Oh, well, never mind. U've got it covered. All xpenses will be paid by the bride. *hiss*

As 4 being a bridesmaid @ my wedding, ah ah... why not, if not??? Yes, ke! LOL. Ehm, but what about d proposal na?? U know what? U've just given me something 2 blog about 4 Thursday.

said...

Aboki, make you vote for me for winner of The Worthless And Meaningless Naija Bloggers Award (a.k.a Backlink Generator). I go give you flenty, flenty contract to build Internet Super Expressway.

Beulah! said...

Seriously babes, so u'd rather be a bridesmaid than a bride??....wao!

LusciousRon said...

I shall put you on my list when the time comes. Oya cheer up

Rayo said...

hehehehe, desperado. beg fba make im marry temite now, officially oh.

darkelcee said...

unfortuneately i have picked my Chief Bride's maid i would have picked you.

But its not easy oh. i remembered the only one i did for my friend people were just embarrassing me." elcee dance now which kain ore iyawo you be"

Made up my mind there and then.....never again.

If you know how to dance well, place an ad but if not forget it.

Jennifer A. said...

LOLLLLLLL...

bob-ij said...

hahahahahahaha.... i know how you feel. I'm dying to be a bridesmaid.. I'm giving it a couple of years, if you haven't been yet, I'll let you know how it feels!
x!

LoloBloggs said...

I followed Vera's blog here to tell you that be careful what you ask for!!!

I have been a bridesmaid 6 times! I have two sisters and neither of them is married yet, but every cousin and aunty in my extended family thinks I must be in their bridal party! trust me my dear, I don tire-oh!

I second Nefertiti's friend, anyone who asks me to be a bridesmaid next, had better be prepared to hear me say HELL NO!

Lati said...

dnt worry bumight your wish will soon come thru...maybe 47 dresses, no?...I'm glad u found out he's a prince not some perv or stalker! :D

lil' spider said...

dont worry u will be first on my list. btw, u cantake the rent a brides maid outfit advice too! lol!

ibiluv said...

lol at me being your source

i concur-he must be the hotness

but i promise not to double cross ya dearie...*wink*

ibiluv said...

Vera read this

so u get to be a bridesmaid sooner than u think.....*wink*

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com