Ok, I'm so upset! Only something as serious as this can jolt me from my blogging hiatus. Anywhoos, let me start from the beginning.
I woke up this morning, boiled some meat, and roasted turkey. I was going to make me the ogbono/okra soup combo that was going to land me my ring! A couple of minutes later, my meat was boiling, the stock was bubbling. I tasted it and I just knew that this was no half carat diamond soup. This was a full carat right here! All the spices were speaking.
I had added the palm oil and as I was about to add the "ogbono", I sensed so ring was wrong. This looked like ogbono, felt like ogbono, but didnt exactly smell like Ogbono. As I hadn't made ogbono soup in the past couple of months, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I added the first spoonful - no thickening
Second spoonful - still no thickening
Mogbe!
It didnt look like ogbono, definitely didnt taste like ogbono, but it still smelt good. Then it dawned on me that I had added peppersoup spice to my soup!
Please don't ask me why I went ahead and added the okra, but what resulted was a hot mess! Peppersoup flavored okra.what pained me the most was my meat sha. Not to worry, I plan on carefully rinsing out the meat. My goat meat isn't going down like that!
PS: luckily, I had divided my meat into two, so I made an unwilling trip to the African store to buy the real deal and minutes later, I had my ogbono soup sitting pretty in the pot.
PPS: Le Boo ate and decided that he doesn't like the taste of ogbono afterall! *sigh* I need to come up with a new strategy!
Strategically yours,
Bumight Olowo-Sibi aka Catering Practical
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment