twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Aiye k'ooto

I have been typing this one post about sweeping off the cobwebs on my blog, but I can't seem to finish it because I seem to be distracted by life itself most times. However, things took a different turn yesterday when someone decided to call me out on her blog. The argument was that since it's her blog she can choose to write whatever she chooses to write and we shouldn't leave any comments contrary . We forget that this is the www and once you hit "publish" it becomes public property to be viewed, commented on, etc. (just ask Ann coulter).the fact that it is you don't solicit readers doesn't mean people won't find eir way to your blog. The fact that your blog is "therapy" doesn't change the process either. I've said countless times that I started my blog to help me cope through a stressful time. In my life (medical school) that being said, I don't expect positive rubber stamp comments all the time.

Not that the comment on said blog was negative itself, I just think people don't want to hear the truth (again). Whenever we perceive ourselves under attack we go with the "you don't know me/ my life!" Contrary to popular opinion, once you choose to chronicle your life on any social media (blog, Instagram, twitter) people DO end up knowing more about your life than you think. Which is why I try to be vague when I tweet/ post, though it hasn't stopped people from piecing certain things together.

Also if you have gone through a similar experience  that is pretty much standard across the board, you tend to know what you're saying. I still have people that call me for advice as they progress through med school, and I have people I call when I'm moving along as well because they've experienced it before, and I find that once you can talk to people, you have the option of not making the same mistakes they did. now I know our experiences might be different because of our personal circumstances. I had classmates who had spouses, got married, got pregnant, had kids in med school. They still had to go through the same things we did, in addition to juggling their personal issues. They still took all the exams, rotations, etc. so I'm not making sweeping generalizations/ passing comments.

I have not even begun to pass judgement because if I had posted the comment I wanted to post under her "mourning" post, I probably would have been burned at the stake considering the reaction to my seemingly harmless comment.

Ok, I wish I was half as angry as I would need to be to complete this post, so I'm just going to chill

PS: sorry for the anti climatic end :)

No comments:

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com