Over the weekend, I happened to pass by my alma mata randomly. The GPS had suggested routing me through another shorter destination than it had previously calculated. As the voice routed me through streets that sounded familiar, I caught a glimpse of a train station. I realized I was back in the vicinity of my former college. Then I noticed something amazing. It looked more beautiful than I remembered it.
You see three years ago, the place was under construction. Mounds of earth that had been dug up stood in an ugly pile. The Makeshift wooden walkway and fence made for an even uglier site. I heard that an apartment complex was being built there.
Today the reason why I didn't recognize the area was that it was more beautiful than I ever remembered it . The apartment complex was complete with shops around it. In place of the ugly wooden makeshift boards were beautiful glass windows.
Then He told me, this is what I can do with your life. When people see the dug out earth, and the wooden boards, it might look ugly - it WILL look ugly, but I have to dig up all that earth to make a solid foundation. It's part of the rebuilding process, but very soon in it's place will stand a magnificent edifice such that nobody will remember the ugly structure that once stood there. Even if they do, it will be open amazement what I will do.
Construction sites are never pretty while they are under construction - if anything, they are even uglier than they start out. Sometimes the initial edifice might have to be tone down. Even if it's a bare land, the earth has to be dug up to create the foundation/basement. They are usually ugly sites, but if you wait, and let the dry wall come up the windows, and then the paint, it's always a beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment