
Today, I’m a year older. Yes, I feel old, I can almost hear my joints creaking, lol. I’m at the point where I’m realizing that you have to grow up and start thinking about more serious things- the cares of life. The things that you’d normally leave to your parents.
When I was a child I spoke as a child
I understood as a child I thought as a child;
but when I became an adult I put away childish things."
The realization that you have to put away childish things is beginning to dawn on me – and its not a comforting thought. I have resisted it for so long, that I didn’t know when it just crept up on me.
As a child, your life was just about school. getting the first position in class and just striving to be the best. Now I have to think less about that : Less school, More career
As a child, relationships were fun. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl and everything flowed naturally. Now its more serious. You have to think : do I see myself spending the rest of my life with this person?
The list goes on and on…
Every year it was my birthday, I looked forward to it with much zeal and zest that you would have to not exist not to know that someone’s birthday was coming along. Heck! Last year, I even had a countdown on my blog.
This year? Silence…though this may not be unconnected with the fact that I have to study for Board Licensing Exams around this time so all thoughts of fun will be *gulp* painfully pushed to the side. I’ll put on my birthday dress (yes, one never gets too old for birthday dresses) and start a party with First Aid for the USMLE step1, High Yield Biostatistics and if he’s a good boy, Pharm Recall.
I don’t want to turn 2y, but as that clock strikes midnight, this Peter Pan is swapping her boots for Cinderella stilletos….
When I was a child I spoke as a child
I understood as a child I thought as a child;
but when I became an adult I put away childish things."
The realization that you have to put away childish things is beginning to dawn on me – and its not a comforting thought. I have resisted it for so long, that I didn’t know when it just crept up on me.
As a child, your life was just about school. getting the first position in class and just striving to be the best. Now I have to think less about that : Less school, More career
As a child, relationships were fun. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl and everything flowed naturally. Now its more serious. You have to think : do I see myself spending the rest of my life with this person?
The list goes on and on…
Every year it was my birthday, I looked forward to it with much zeal and zest that you would have to not exist not to know that someone’s birthday was coming along. Heck! Last year, I even had a countdown on my blog.
This year? Silence…though this may not be unconnected with the fact that I have to study for Board Licensing Exams around this time so all thoughts of fun will be *gulp* painfully pushed to the side. I’ll put on my birthday dress (yes, one never gets too old for birthday dresses) and start a party with First Aid for the USMLE step1, High Yield Biostatistics and if he’s a good boy, Pharm Recall.
I don’t want to turn 2y, but as that clock strikes midnight, this Peter Pan is swapping her boots for Cinderella stilletos….
PS: This year, there was no birthday list, but I figured it would be cruel of me not to give you guys the chance to express your love for me. So, Last year's list still applies- except u can take out Brian White from the list...the crush is dead. Click on it at the risk of ur purse!

59 comments:
Happy Birthday sweets!!!
Have a lovely day
Happy day of birth hun!
Happy birthday Bumight! God bless x
Happy Birthday...and rock your birthday dress, lol, we dont get too old for it...
Happy Birthday and what do you know? "Pharm Recall" might just turn out to be "THE ONE" lol.
happy birthday and may all your wishes (and birthday lists) come true.
Happy Birthday!! May your dreams come true!!
Happy Birthday form Rabbi, O'dee & Aleesha.
I still put on a birthday dress each year.
Happy Birthday form Rabbi, O'dee & Aleesha.
I still put on a birthday dress each year.
Happy birthday!! hope u have a fab day. God bless
Happy Birthday!!
Have a fun filled day!
Happy birthday dear!!....dont wory that feeling will pass & u'll soon start feeling comfortable with ur age. It happens like dat.
Enjoy ur day!!!
Feliz Cumpleanos Mariposa
happy birthday dear'
may God grant ur heart desires
as per ur pressie, see me in camera
:-)
Another May Girl, we are a bunch of special peeps, we rock.
Happy Birthday Dearie.
Currently risk averse so did not click the list link ...he he he he
happy birthday gurlie
but sha dat ur list na long throat oh lmao!!!!!
Happy birthday. have a lovely day! :)
Happy Birthday!! May God grant you your hearts desires and may he continue to oil them joints so you don't hear them creak! enjoy~
Happy birthday sweetie...
And all the best in ur exams...if it's any consolation i dreaded this years birthday too...
Sucks that this years birthday is a "working" birthday. Anyway, it's all in the life of a future MD.
I'm sure u'll still have fun listening to your darling Goljan whispering into your ear about liver pathology.
Hope ur birthday dress is cute though. Will try to call you AGAIN, when ur sleep muddled brain is sorted out.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hey Bumight, don't be so serious about it. Relax,celebrate and have some fun though you'll have serious thought moment and all but make sure you enjoy your day to the full. I wish you only the very best and God's favour today and always. HIP HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!!
I so agree with you on the dress part
happy birthday xxxxxxx
Yay, Bumight is a year .... younger, ever heard the song "seventeen" by simone webbe (not sure i spelt the simone right), it says "stay seventeen each time you get one year older"...so even with all the growing up neccessary, do keep the young you alive..and have a blast too, busy or not, i'm sure you would, even if its time spent alone with yourself being grateful for where u are....
Happy Birthday girl
Happy birthday hun!
Have a good one, but try not to put too much pressure on your squeaking muscles...
No mind me! I kid!
:-)
Happy Birthday Darling,
May you celebrate more years to come,
Here's Toasting to your already passed board exam
Happy birthday sweetie......and all the best in ur board exams
Happy Birthday Dear!!!!!
see dis babe oh. 2y, u dey make noise! u still dey school sef! my dear, u r still pickin, so enjoy ur youth!!!!!! after school, life is going to hit u so hard, u'd spin. So, get ur balance now. have fun & don't think abt d difficulties of growing up. Cos dat won't make it easier, & u'd b giving urself headache today 4 tomorrow's wahalas.
& happy birthday. Wishing u d best that life has to bring. Peace, Joy, Love, Blessings, Favour, Loyalty, etc. Chop plenty cake oh
New posts on Ruffin’ It and BAMBINA. We have a BAMBINA contributor, y'all. A dude!!! He is sharing his story of how he 'cornered' his woman & got her pregnant!! Next week, Brown Girl will be sharing her antenatal experience & more. Be sure to drop by again. Plus, new contributors are still being sought, so feel free to add your own story. Visit http://idreamtofu.blogspot.com for details on how.
Dokita B!
Happy Buffday!!
Happy birthday!
May God make every new year even more special than the last xx
awww...wishing u God's very best in this new year!
Happy birthday darling. There is much to look forward to. Think of the responsibility that comes with growing up. You can do what pleases you, you can earn your own money and spend it how u like etc.
Have a wonderful day.
Happy birthday sweetie!!!..goodluck on the board exam!
Happy birthday dearie..wishing you the very that you wish yourself. Enjoy your day!
I like the post too...[interesting]
Guess congratulations are in order then...
Easy on the Cinderella stilletos though.. They have been known to cause sore feet in the long run
Happy birthday! Truly a year older, a year wiser. May is the best month of the year. I wish you the very best this year and for many years to come. Have a wonderful day and stay blessed!
Happy birthday to you dear...lol @ birthday dress, but rock it!...cheers
Happy Birthday babe!!
Even though u'll be studying up a storm, I hope you take the time to have some fun.
I really liked this line btw: "but as that clock strikes midnight, this Peter Pan is swapping her boots for Cinderella stilletos…"
Have a wonderful day!
happy birthday
Happy Birthday dear...hope you had a lovely day.
U r so not old lady! Happy birthday.
Happy Birthday!!!
p.s. I don;t want my birthday this year either...*sigh*
x!
Happy Birthday Love...Though i'm late...:(
happy birthday bumight......sorry it's late........hope u had fun though.
Happy Birthday, B'ight!
thank you guys so much for all the comments, emails, calls and textmessages. i actually had fun yesterday- surprisingly just as much as if not more than last year!
you guys rock!!! (As always, d'uh!) - maybe except temite and buttercup who have to each bring one maybach to get back in my good books, lol!
I will be back to proper blogrounds. And doing my tags (ceberus) after my exams.
Kisses,
bumight!
Happy belated birthday...
Love that picture..
Happy belated birthday Ms. Wishing you many more years.
happy birthday! u share the day with a friend of mine, who IoveIy!
Happy Belated birthday darling.... hope u had a great day
hip hip hip hurray
happy belated sweetie! loads of hugs!
Sorry I missed ur bday. Hope it was fun. God bless.
I know I am late...but happy belated..
Ouch! Can't believe I'm 4 days late.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, in arrears, dear. Hope your day was all that you hoped it would be!
happy belated bday sweetie!!!!
Happy belated birthday sweetie
Well I might just follow Solomonsydelle and Shunbby Doo to mark it down as a belated birthday, I know you had a wonderful time in the 'basement'.....lol
taKia
hiya! do visit:
jollykids-isi.blogspot.com
cheers!
Post a Comment