twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who is a Jand Awon boys?

Edit: For a moment there, I forgot that I was supposed to put this on my blog. Yes, the Book tour. If you are in town every saturday for the next 6 weeks and you need somewhere to take your date to, we got you! you gotta admit, its a really cool thing to do with a date/friend/family/crush aside the regular dinner and a movie, what's more its free!. I realize the poster is a little small, so click here for more details ...or click on the poster!
thanks guys!
...Plus our very own Joy Isi Bewaji, popularly known on blogville as Isi is going to be part of the book tour, so you know you dont want to miss it!




The issue of the "Jand Awon boys image" kept coming up a lot of times in the comments on the last post. So as Shubby suggested, I decided to address it in a post on its own.

Good day Mr moderator, incorruptible panel of judges, accurate time keeper, my co-debators (oh, im the only debator, o well...), my audience in blogville and viewers at home. My name is Bumight from Blogville International and I'm here to do justice to the motion which states that "Roc and Scribbles give the image of a Jand Awon Boys". lol

First, who is a "jand awon boys"? A jand awon boys, from hereon referred to as a JAB, is an embodiment of several things.

A JAB like a very wise saying goes, hopped up outta bed, turned his swagg on...yup! a JAB's got swagg. Now there are different kinds of swags, the tush ones, the crappy ones, the fake ones, even the borrowed ones. Whatever kind of swag it is, the JAB is sporting one and he really thinks and believes its the ish. yeah, the confidence of a JAB is waaay up there.



How are you going to spot a JAB just by looking at him? the way he dresses? lemme tell u about that. When u see a JAB at a party, you know its him. He's either sporting that polo shirt (you know the one with the huge ralph logo? yup! that's it) with his drivers. and when he doesnt feel like like sporting the polo look, he goes for the "I-just-got-off-work-and-decided-to-party" look. you know, the after office hours kinda look. Either the dress shirt and sweater or the dress shirt and suit sans tie. As another old man rightly said, you can learn how to dress just by checking his fresh...



While we're on the partying look, let's talk about the JAB and the ladies. The ladies loooooove a JAB when they see 'em....Maybe its the allure of a bad boy, who knows? with the look and the swag, its no surprise that a JAB knows how to charm the pants off the ladies (pun intended). As such, their sexual resume is quite em...a long ting.

At this juncture, let me reiterate that there are many levels of JABs. you know some people just try too much. The fake JABs, u can always spot - the ones with sunshades in the club, etc

Pretty much, a JAB is that dude that your mom meets in church and really gets along with but she tells you to be careful with him!

With this few points of mine, I hope I've been able to convince you and not confuse you...lol






On a separate note, I dreamt about smaragd, One of the triumvirate, and Temite.
In the first dream, I was out with Smaragd, some of my old neighbors in Nigeria and a couple of friends. We were going out when we suddenly saw some guys playing Polo. Smaragd said she knew one of them, that he was her former boss, owned a company, blah blah and she wanted to say hi. I started trying to ask her question to see if it was one of the cerberus. " does he have two brothers?"....but I didnt want her to know I was a blogger!

In the second dream, Temite came to my house to visit me...with her parents! Her parents came first and I was talking with them, Temite walks in with the younger sis of one of my friends. We were trying to get to talk without her parents knowing that we really didnt know each other off blogger.

Weird!

43 comments:

Original Mgbeke said...

Furst!

Original Mgbeke said...

LMAO. Man I think even the real JAB's be rocking those damn shades in the club. But my Lawd! I officially HATE those friggin' polos with the huge logos. You forgot to add that this JAB will usually have a popped collar to accompany his polo shirt with the huge logo.
E be laik say these JAB's dey rock some serious skinny pants/skinny jeans too o...
Hmmm what else? Oh some velvet blazers and what not.
LOL, funny post tho.

AliceDCL said...

@ original mgbeke, you are guilty of ur last post and u said u want to fight for vowels, well u also lack d vowels when u type guess old habits die hard,lamo
!bumight i completely agree they are both JABS

Original Mgbeke said...

Honey, what are you talking about?

mizchif said...

Yellzz, i agree with u on this JAB profile. You forgot to add the HACKETT shirts, with the collar popped, just incase u missed the huge stripe in front!

As for that ur dream....i can see you have too much free time...

BSNC said...

i know that look.. "I-just-got-off-work-and-decided-to-party" look...lol

yea you kind of convinced me i guess..

that dream is hmmmm. no comment

Jayla. said...

how could you skip the popped collar??? with a ceremonial champagne flute in hand.

JD guys are annoying sha

fun post

Tyger said...

loving this post! lol

JAB! You got them spot on!
yes they now spot skinny jeans and you forgot to mention the bling!

ibiluv said...

lol at the JAB profile
sum babes just cant get enuff of the bad boy image....

so how come you sabi Smaragd but she no sabi u as blogger

JOSEPHINE!!!!!!!!!...a lala(the dreamer)

*wink*

scribble,me.free said...

seems like I have some impressions (rumors) to dispel

L-VII said...

You know who dresses like a JAB? Jim Iyke.

L.

ShonaVixen said...

Hmmm i think you're right ROC does seem like a JAB and from now i shall call him Sir Roc JAB!!!
The stunners in the club...zzzzzzzzzzzzz....and the polo shirts wiv the collar up..JAB puhleeeez!!!
Hmmm very wierd dream o

cerberus said...

All hail the JAB boys.

Zena said...

lol, I wonder what the guys are going to say but you got the JAB profile right,lol

You and Mgbeke are characters, she too dey come up with the profiles

Miss Enigma said...

Lol...u're so on point. But yeah, even d original JABs wear sunglasses in d club. And there's jst sumthin bout their attitude, their walk, to even body language dat screams JAB swagg. Its interesting 2 watch on some and down right annoying on others!

Repressed One said...

LMFAOOO@ your intro...lol

lol@ JABs...nice one!! Guess this can also describe awon Gidi big boys not to be mistaken for the bigzboyz lol

Now that we have a definition of JAB...scribz N Roc?
hmmm i don't know if they fit...some maybe but...

Nice Anon said...

lol@ post.

Jim Iykes abs is made up of FAT.

Giagerry said...

hmm i love this post bumight!
ahhh roc nd smf JAB's??
hmm...is dat a good thing or not?
shuuu I think all dese JAB's r those boys dat in no time they fade away bcuz the ladies begin to look 4 the real deal..dose that r grown nd looking in a different direction!
A good JAB is one that doesnt remain a JAb 4ever...he grows!
so roc nd smf...r u guys JAB's???
lol!

bumight said...

@Original Mgbeke:
lol, u're right....except in my heart of hearts, i dont want to believe the skinny jeans part!

@Optimistic:lol, i'll let Original mgbeke answer herself.

@Mizchif: what do u mean too much free time? i prefer to think of it as too much love!

@BSNC: i totally love the i-just-got-off-work look. once i went to a professional haitian party, and almost all the guys there had that look. Even ur girl was sporting the look (I had clinic duty earlier that day and i had on a shirt with this rather short pinafore and some heels). i felt like i died and went to good-looking-guys heaven!

@Jayla: seems like u know a few personally, lol. and there seems to be some consensus on the popped collar!

@Tyger:
nooooo! u r the second person mentioning the skinny jeans. I can almost bet that Roc and Scribbs own no pair of skinny jeans....and if they do, they are burning them at the moment, lol!

@Ibiluv:
me thinks good girls that love bad guys are closet freaks, and i dont exclude myself o! *wink*

@Scribbs: rumors ke? its not that deep o. gosh! there goes my S.o.m.e!


@L-VII: puhlease! dont even get me started on jim iyke, his dress sense makes me want to puke, i really dont get all the hoopla around him.

@ShonaVixen:
if u call him that, you're on your own! lol...just wait till u show up in my dreams!

@cerberus: i take that as a co-signing, lol

@Zena: me thinks scribbs is upset with me, and to think i was scared of Roc!

@Undercover07: u're right, some are interesting to watch, others are just down right annoying.

@Repressed one: I dont know if they fit, and im not saying they do, im just say thats the image that pops up in my head when i read them.
i havent been around too many lag big boys, but who knows? someone should do a profile on them, lol

@Nice anon: tell me about it! someone needs to tell him to stop taking his shirt off in movies!

@Gee: dunno, i have quite a few "reformed JABs" as friends. Even girls, i guess we all grow and after we get to a stage, priorities change and what not.

bob-ij said...

lol lol..."Jand Awon Boys" It's true though...pretty fresh boys...but some of them borrow it and it just doesn't work out!!

x!

Original Mgbeke said...

I have a crush on Jim Iyke. There, I said it! :-D

BSNC said...

hmm i wish i was there oo.. good looking guyz heaven, that must have been something..

Anonymous said...

lolol - no wonder scribbles ranted!

Roc said...

Yup.. Roc is in the building miss B!

Hmm.. Interesting post.. It's finally dawned on me that you and OM just mingle with the wrong crowd when you come to JD..

Holla at your boy, & I'll set things straight..

One at a time of course.. ;-)

Roc said...

PS. And just for the record.. I don't collar pop.. swig champagne.. stunner-in-the-club.. skinny jeans...

Definitely no skinny jeans.. I let these balls breathe..

Roc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

nope dont know who this band is....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations -- you might just have added another word to our peculiar blogsville dictionary due for release in 2020!

Tairebabs said...

I loved the debate intro..that made me laugh..did a lot of debate back in the days. JAB?? This was the first time I heard the expression. Shows I am out of touch on blogville. Shades in the club don't work for me except on d'banj sha.

naija shawty said...

lmao at stunners in the club. na wa for fake awon naija boys for jand.

Queen of My Castle said...

I loved this post! Now Jay-Z's verse is stuck in my head. A real chick can always spot a real swag from a fake one. You were soooo un point with this post.

~Sirius~ said...

Awon boys- always center of attraction when ever they are in groups.

Buttercup said...

looooooool..my bro fits that description almost totally..hes not in jand tho..

lol @ the dreams, nawa o..

ee said...

lmao@ JAB
double Ha!!! with Temite scenario...

Anonymous said...

LMAO
Me I no want a jab o. Lmao....
and Oh yer, I have always known that u have a thing for me men.... Admit it! I dream about myself tooo

cerberus said...

Bumight darling, tsha etiquetado en la peusta en mi blog.

Lemme Tanslate.

You've been Tagged. Head to the Den

besos

BigPrince said...

lolllll... funny post about the jabs, and the fact that the girls seem to like them.

Smaragd said...

OMG!u totally wrote/dreamt about me (what happened to red letters tho?...lmao!) "does Makossa, Butterfly, Yahoozee"

oya tell me what I looked like...

Imagine that I get a mention and THAT is when my stewpeed internet decided to go off! hence my just reading this after forever! mchew

U know, somehow, Roc seems to not fit this imagery, in my head, he appears very laid back (casual wtv), regular but amazing with words...ish like that.

SMF maybe.

Unknown said...

interesting blog and more intersting comments

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Slightly off-topic, but I use to have the hots for 'jand-awon' boys. My own definition of jand-awon boys were the Yoruba boys with the slight brit accents, and T.M. Lewin shirts, etc...bust most of all SWAG!
Scratch that: I still have the hots for 'Jand-Awon' boys. LOL!

tobenna said...

JAB?
Never heard of this one.
Not sure why.
Players Anthem.
Do ladies survive JAB?

Jennifer A. said...

First of all anyone that dreams of bloggers is an official blogging addict...LOL...

About fake JAB boys, na wa for them o...they try too much (and it doensn't work)...lol

Anonymous said...

...and her ink flowed.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com