*Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions.
*They have to be real...nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, you must use different answers.
*You cannot use any word twice and you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question.
* Dont google ur answers.
*Make it as interesting and fun as you can.
1. What is your name: Bumight
2. A four Letter Word: Baby
3. A boy's Name: Baroque.....actually...technically, baroque is a man...but before he was a boy....o heck!
4. A girl's Name: Burralove!.....yes baby, I was kidding :)
5. An occupation: Baby-sitter
6. A color: Blue
7. Something you'll wear: Bathing suit
9. A food: Broccoli
10. Something found in the bathroom: Bodywash
11. A place: Brooklyn NY
12. A reason for being late: BS-ing....or Basically a Big Bright Bus Bashed my...warraheck!
13. Something you'd shout: Bugger!
14. A movie title: i. Broken Tears
ii. Boys Cot
of course i dont know a movie with the title (Broken Tears), but trusting Nollywood, there's bound to be a movie like that
15. Something you drink: Bottled Water.....since I dont drink beer
16. A musical group: Backstreet boys
17. An animal: Brown baby bear
18. A street name: Bredfordshire Ave
19. A type of car: BMW 328i....which I'm getting in the next 2 years, by the grace of God
20. The title of a song: Blame It On Your Heart - Patti Loveless
I'm supposed to tag 20 people: I tag JideSalu, Roc, (time to lose ur Meme virginity guys), Tobenna, Mizchif, Gee, Repressed one, justDB, Dante, Ceberus (at least the 1/3 that comes on my blog), MY, Toluwa, Abeni, MissLove, ....ok im tired!
This is where the guys/fellas/people with a Y chromosome can leave the building.....
alright Ladies, now that we've gotten rid of the fellas....
Re: The How-often-do-you-get-a-pap-smear Poll
48% of blogville ladies get a pap smear regularly, but 51% haven't.
The first time I got one, I was going to blog about it. I actually typed up the post but I cant find it. :( I've looked everywhere, and I just cant find the file.
Anyways, he pap smear is basically to screen for cervical cancer. It doesnt check for STDs, AIDS and all that orisirisi bad somethings. Your test can either come out as
1. Normal : congratulations! go and sin no more (lol)
2. ACUS: Abnormal cells of undetermined significance. Plenty words for "We found some cells that shouldnt be there, but we dont know if they are pre-cancerous"
3. very abnormal smear: pretty much pre-cancerous cells of varying degrees.
4. cervical cancer: the really bad one. it takes another 10 years for CIN 3 to progress to cervical cancer.
So you see if you happen to have an abnormal smear or even CIN 1, there's a very very good chance that the cells can revert back to normal. Even if you have CIN 2 or CIN3, u can be treated and be just fine. Even if they dont, your gyno can freeze the bad cells off, take them out, do something...BUT you have to know to be able to do something.
I'm happy that a lot of ladies on blogville are blogging about this. Its really not that scary. which do u think is scarier: this going up you

or this growing inside you?![]()
sorry for grossing you out with the pic guys!...i thought i told you to leave :)

60 comments:
1st!
Found it difficult to comment with that picture... nyama, pls...
13. Something you'd shout: BAM!
Education on the results of cervical cancer test results wasn't bad.
BUMIGHT oooo i'm going to have nightmares about this picture, Thank God am part of the 48% that will gladly stick the metal up me oo...rather than that thing grow in me! Women's health care is an issue am passionate about o, I should probably send a discussion to African Women's blog abi?
secondly did u tag me in Name, Animal,Place,Thing game? I was an expert in primary school o let me start thinking of correct correct answers!
and thirdly 2nd!!!
Me and my friends were having this pap smear convo the other day.. but its hella scary knowing that thing is entering your body o... Is it painful? Am really scared of someone invading my privacy like that...
***If u dont mind, Pls give more details as to how it is done...
@Fanny: at least u made it through and u commented!
i didnt know i omitted #13. i fixed it now
@Abeni: yes, that's the lesser of the two evils...and yes, u're tagged!
@Anonymous: I thought it was scary before i went for my first one (i've only done 2)but it really wasnt that bad.
there's either a metal or plastic speculum- i only experienced the plastic one.
basically, its shaped like a penis, and they close it and put it in you then open it and keep it open in space.
the doc will take some scrapings from ur cervix ( u wont even feel it, its like a long cotten bud lightly scraping).
he/she will then use their finger to feel for ur womb.
i say, if you've had sex before - its nothing worse...lol
and if you're concerned about privacy, you can opt for a female doc, even though some babes prefer male docs.
hmm interesting information
Hooray for backstreet boys!
sheesh that contraption you posted fit fear pesin make dem no do pap smear lol.
someone was talking to me about this yesterday....will try it out later...
thanx for this info Dr. i find it useful. I am one of those wh've never had a smear done actually, i had this illiterate mindset that it was only for sexually active people.
How come u weren't first at mines? u've been first the last so many posts that i got used to seeing u there...lol
how are u?
Hmmm scary stuff.
Bumight abeg can update the blogroll for my blog
Eww Bumight! But I guess we women need the hard knock! Now I have to go find something to erase that sight from my memeory.
Gosh the pics bring back the memory of the procedure...
If CIN2 or 3 are removed, does it still progres to cervical cancer in 10 years?
And annon..I had a male doc probing in there while I watched it on the screen...very embarrasing as he kept gisting with me ad telling me jokes which i guess was to get me to relax...bera wash ur nyash b4 you go there cos u go see am for tv!!
AFRO!!! lol.
There IS a movie titled Broken Tears! lol.
Dr Bumight!!!
loved the way you explained the whole procedure, nice and simple.
Lol... As soon as I saw that warning i just dey scroll in trepidation..
Cos I know Miss B never needs a warning.. So considering you did.. hmmm..
So is this cervical cancer the same thing as ovarian cysts? or is that like a pre- thing for cervical cancer?
You try with your meme.. Cheated as usual.. but hey! Who's checking right?
I fit disvirgin when I notice all the Y chromosomes on your list do theirs..
"Roc never comes first," you see ;)
Eeeewww Bumight, that was real eeew...but that was some educative stuff...to be honest when my gynae said to have a pap smear and explained why to me, i just shrugged and was like wareva...but not it makes a lot of sense!
You did a good job with the Meme...i couldn't follow the rules..lol
of course Baroque is the boy's name, abi? LOL...
PS: has cervical cancer always existed, i only heard about it last year...nice photo, by the way
you missed number 8...
Bummy..why did u have to tag me on that MEME? lol. Now I will be forced to do it after I had dodged it several times...
Even after you warned us off I had to go down the page to see why...
That picture...hmmm..very vivid. Na wah.
I only learnt of cervical cancer early this year. That was what killed jade Goody..no?
Good GOD.
I left when you told us to.
I swear I did.
I just dont know what happened!
What kinda gory picture is that?!!!
And some of us put our mouth there?
JEEZ!!!
Tagged me on that meme huh.
You wont catch me.
Not doing it.
I have a pap smear once a year..that is good enough right? oh and for the people who haven't done it, its does'nt hurt at all, just slightly uncomfortable...but it last for just 2minutes or so!
eww at the pic!
Gosh! I really need to make out time to get mine done again
Iyanma..
I think I might throw up...
I cant marry a Doctor..shit..
And you must not touch me with your hand, if we ever meet.
Anyway thx for taking up the tag.. (lmao.. me delectable husband snatcher?) Kai.. we donenter the same trouser today.
ahah how does dat huge thing go up someone??
kai!
oh dang! that's what cervical cancer looks like? ewwy and chei all at the same time.
lol@Tobenna---where exactly are u saying u dey put mouth oh?
Yay!! my first Tagged...i'm officially a member of this blogville sect. whot! whot! :p
I hate that bloddy thing. Why can't they warm it a lil bit, ehn? Why's it got to be so damn cold?
I hate that instrument, I hate doctors cos they are nasty. I hate the blogville, I hate being a woman, I hate the world!
That was all PMS BTW :(
thnx for tagging ms NOT and grossing me out!
i just hate clinics, hospitals..d works!
I confess, i scrolled down. what is saw, maldito sea.
The meme, i will do once the lagos project is over.
besos chica and we all come to your blog, that i know.
El loco hombre
BSNCthanks!
TayneMentreally? its no bigger than a big dildo, lol
Beyondbetter late than never!
SmaragdI dont think u have to do it if u're a Virgin, but if u've had sex before and are not currently sexually active, then u still should.
I actually read ur post but i was sneaking to read it cos i had an exam that day. will be over there in a min
Dabiznizi didnt know u changed ur address, will update!
LusciousRonlol, sometimes we do. sowee for grossing u out :)
AfrobabeI dont think so...and i think they make u do a pap smear every year to check that everything is back to normal
lol, i guess the doctor was gisting u so u dont get embarassed.
Poeticallytintedi knew it! Nollywood is so predictable! lol
Scarletthanks, *blushes*
RocNaijalol, at least u were warned!
the cervix is the lower part of the uterus and the end of the vagina. the ovaries are further up.
the two are not related, but i'd rather not have either, :)
how did i cheat on the meme?
...and whether u come first or not, as long as u come its all good, lol
Writefreakit took one of my close male friends mentioning it to me in passing for me to go for one myself. my first test was an ACUS and i was scared shitless!
there should be a lot of things that start with W na? lol
baroquealways existed and caused by a sexually transmitted virus. i guess its not that popular cos most people dont want to do pap smears (im just speculating o!)
i checked buttercup and spicytee, there was no number 8 on the meme *shrug*
Danteeven after the warning, u still went to pokenose? lol
yeah, Goody died of cervical cancer, and i think thats part of the reason why its popular nowadays at least in the UK.
New entertainment blog hits blogsville. Visit http://scoopsnija.blogspot.com/ for more details. Your support is appreciated.
awwwww u DID mention me! mwah! :D
lol @ 14..
i really shud get mine done soon..thanks for sharing hon!
That picture was disturbing...! The "MEME" was nice...and pls someone tell what this meme word means before I die...lol
x!
Thanks for sharing the message to get those pap smears, bumight! Nothing is worse than finding out you have a condition or disease that could have been controlled or stopped in its tracks if you had been more vigilant aboout your health. We only have one life; we should do what we can to protect it.
In Canada, I think most women have a pap smear with their annual physical (if they do that) but I was reading some USA-based info online that says every three years. Interesting!
If you're a virgin and have a pap smear, it feels very unpleasant. You will feel it. I'm sure it's nothing compared to childbirth so that's how I put it in perspective!
the pics are horrid!!
haha i like the poll
As gross as that was, i really must say a big thanks to u bumight, never tot of doing a pap smear but i guess i'd schedule one sometime soon, not particularly excited bout it though i must confess
scary stuff I tell you.
I've never had one before but I will.
There's a campaign going on right now to help women be more aware.
Thanks for this!
Tobennahey! you were warned!
lol, thats not where u put ur mouth na!
Ms. Osure! thanks for the co-signing. it really lasts only 2 minutes!
Siriusyes ma'am, u should!
SpicyTeelol, if we meet, I'm giving u a hug husband snatcher!
Geeno o! not everything goes in. only the first half goes in, lol
Repressed Oneyes baby, you've ALWAYS been an official member, this is just like a...membership card? lol
dont mind Tobenna, even after specific instructions to leave!
Nefertitiwe can blame it on the vodka, blame it on the henny, but abeg lets lay off the hormones! :)
shey everything is everything now?
and they are supposed to warm it under warm water before putting it in. u can ask them to.
Toluwau're welcome boo-boo, it was a pleasure! LMAO
cerberuseven you? lol. i'll be on the lookout for the meme on ur blog.
and if its not too much, can u guys sign off with ur names when u leave comments pweety please :) if thats not too much to ask...
*"BS-ing or Basically a big bright bus bashed my..."- thought that was soo witty! I'll have to use that some time...lol
*Your song title just reminded me of the song that has been stuck in my head all week- 'Blame it on the Alcohol'
*Amen on that BMW 328i! When will you be done with med school anyways?
And I must confess, I am one of the offenders from the survey. I've never been for a gyno check up SSSHHHHHHH
All my friends that have gone have freaked me out! I also remember when Soup-a-Sexy blogged about her experience last year.
It's not my fault, I'm allergic to pain! But that picture may gross me enough to go...
What do you think of Gardasil btw?
Do you drink Barcadi?
Girl, I just cancelled my gyno appointment. I'm soo scared :-(
I promise to reschedule though, my friend has threatened that she will stop speaking to me if I don't do it. Imagine, at my old age I've never been. I shouldn't even be saying this chit in public, I'm too old to not have been to the gyno. lol
I partook in the survey cuz I was thrilled you did the pool. We need to get ourselves checked regularly to avoid getting into a logn term days of suffering and crying and ....
The names of the boy and girl in your meme is funny o (lol)
OMG!!!!!
Why???
How does that metal thing work?
Gosh what's that stuff. I just puked out my intestines. I should have taken your advice and left earlier. May God help you women o. See what you guys have to go through to be women. Hmmmmph! The tag was ni8cely done. Sharp and witty responses. Usual bu=might style. I TAGGED YOU sha. How you dey?
yep i was told i had CIN3 results. so i went for treatment. while i was there for the colposcopy, they asked if i wanted a HIV test, syphilis test etc...honestly i wasnt sacred because i know who i've been with and what protection we used...until they told me they would text me the result...i was like what?!!! text ke?! anyway the tests all came back clear!!! Amen
scoopsnija....will checkirrout in a min
burralove...of course i mentioned you! i was just fronting...you know i love u, lol (the pharrel in me just had to get out)
and u really need to get on it.
bob-ij....i dont know who coined the word, but if you're tagging anybody in a write up, its a meme!
gng...my point exactly! it would really suck to have a disease that could have been prevented if detected early.
ive seen a lot of women do physicals without doing pap, some people dont see it as part of a physical, some dont even get physicals yearly.
i dont think virgins need to get pap smears cos cervical cancer is caused by human papilloma virus which is sexually transmitted, so if you're not having any sex, i dont see why u need it.
chichi....yes love, they are supposed to be horrid enough
to get u running to your gyno, lol
jhazmyn...im glad the post spurred you on. really, its not that horrible, lol
enkayyou're welcome. lets say this post is the blogville part of the campaign, lol
Thanks for the info
pic is gross
i'll take the metal anyday
mwah!!!!!!!!!!
this is a wake up call. i have always been scared of anything being inserted but better have the metal than the disease. thanks for the info.
Awww.....and i was actually on my way out.
guess awareness levels on the pap smear thingy has gone up a couple of notches thanks to the media blitz around the jade Goody thing.....
BMW3.28i -- u sure you can control that thing? My 3.25i nearly took my life twice cos I had a thing for doing harpin bends at 160km/hrs!
nice blog, just stopping by
After you put up the poll Dr. Bumight thats when I went for my test. When I told my sis that it was my first time, she almost screamed my head out. Its really a blessing to have someone like you on blogsville.
Are you going to do a post on ur latest poll?
What does it mean when a gyne says there is an erosion on one"s cervix even though the result is fine and how soon shld anor smear be done considering this???
Heeey, i havent been here in a minute!How are you doing hon???
Yeah I have to do my smear test again coz apparently they didnt get enough cells during the first cells...so will be heading over there sometime this week
NDQ....blame it on the alcohol has been stuck in my head for ages! will be done with med school in 2011...may 14, 2011 to be precise, lol
yeah, i remember when soupasexy blogged about it, trust me, there's no pain involved.I'm even more allergic to pain than u can ever imagine!
if my doc gives me the clear, id definitely take Gardisil. i believe thats the only way to be absolutely sure u dont get HPV since almost every sexually active man is a carrier *shhh, dont let them hear me*
original mgbeke.....nope, no barcadi for moi!
babe, u better reschedule! lol...we shall boycott ur blog if u dont reschedule!
Standtall....tell me about it, especially something that is potentially preventable, there's no excuse in this day and age!
Naijababethey just put the top half of the metal in you, the bottom half is just to hold it and keep it in place, not as scary as it looks!
Geebee....lol, u know what they say: a word is enough for the wise!
u tagged me again! oh gawd!!!
Shubby Doo....cool, i remember ur post on it, and i think getting CIN3 results is way better than getting cervical cancer news, cos one u can treat, the other, not so sexy.
the first time i went for an HIV test, lets just say i almost collapsed out of anxiety! lol
Ibiluv....lol, metal wins any day love!
oluola....u welcome. Big "V"s dont have to do it o,...i think :)
rethots....off u go!
justDB...why cant i control the 3.28i, dont be doubting me o! and of course i dont plan to be doing hairpin bends at 160k/hr!
9jaOT.....thanks!
Rita....em...madam, arent u married? i would have CHEWED ur head off if i were her! lol.
at least u did it, thats all that matters.
yup, there's a post on tht poll coming up.
pink lips....best explanation is on this website cervical erosion tho if ur gyno didnt say anything, then u should be clear.
most pple do paps, once a year.
shonavixenhey stranger!
lol, when u go back for the second smear, we can add u to the "good girls" list :)
kai that picture is gross..God forbid bad thing...
yah the smear test isnt so bad and it doesnt take long. like Rita i also did mine after i got married..lol..well considering i didnt need to before marriage.....
i think in the uk they do it every 3 years?
ehn hen bumight darling i came to beg for your forgiveness o..i have updated my post...pls check and tell me i am forgiven...
mwuah!
i sense a public health advocate well on her way. rock on girl!
..LOL.. U berra not try that with me ooo.. imagine that ur hands... Damn ...Iyanma... That your hands. In fact you dey try..Thumbs up 4 ya gal..kisses
good job on this post. a pap smear is so important and i always encourage everyone to go get one....
there is a movie called broken tears...good guess...
brown baby bear? y not just bear?
omg, c dat instru! good work, ur advocacy...
Post a Comment