You see, when I blog, I dont do it for anybody, I dont expect commendations. quite frankly, I mostly blog when I'm stressed out with so many exams (which was kinda why I blogged more in the first two years of medical school). This whole blog started out as a form of stress relief (like I've said lots of time)
Anyways, here's the email I received.
Bunmi,
I think am not wrong addressing you as such; your blog nick is actually ripe with suggestions of your firstname !
I am Olayinka and I have spent the last coupla hours reading every piece on www.bumight.com .I may not be able to define why you write yet but I must say I had a beautiful time and not one of the pieces failed to tickle my fancy...just how interesting you are !
Your writtings have kept me company this wonderful sunday and I wanted you to know.
Hope the roads rise to meet you in the coming week Bumight M.....(in a coupla months I will add the D)
Olayinka
I,
So i think I jinxed myself, Leggy, Ego du Jour and Myne Whitman, that was the only reason you guys won in my categories!
For real though, congrats guys. even though I didnt win, I wont say im not disappointed, but like I said on d award site, I shall go and comfort myself in baroka's arms! :D

That's my own blog award in that email up there, and so I'm the happiest blogger ever!

21 comments:
nice! Who is Olayinka? How are you? And am I first? =)
Aww that was very thoughtful!
hehehehe LOL @ d story and u sticking to it--heheheh. but yh, dats really thoughtful!
erm did d person really say "bumight.com"?LOOOOL
lol..thanks.
and you really are a good writer.
Thanks for the graciousness dearie, that is indeed why we write. The email is a lovely one. And....
Baroka will surely give you a forehead kiss, lol.
Have a great week.
LOL Bumight. I have to confess that I was like "awwwwww..Bumight made someone's Sunday. That's so sweet."
Lol this is cute and funny! :D
@solomonsydelle: yes o, u are first! i think this is the first time uve been first on my blog!
if I knew who Olayinka was..... hmm, lets leave it at that, lol!
@Ms O: thanks
@Gee: yeah, its www.bumight.com, i own the domain name. u didnt know?
@Leggy: awww, thanks! *blushing multicolor*
@Myne: puhlease, i need more than a forehead kiss jare, but dont worry we are settling that, hehehe.
@Jaycee: thanks, someone made bumight's sunday too o, cos i was walking on air for the rest of the day! :)
@Duchess: thanks!
awwwww
sweet email
The great power of words (& appreciation)....
awwwwww really nice of 'olayinka'
awwww...Really nice...
Lol at goodnaijagirl's response!
Congrats on the email (congrats?) it's always nice to be appreciated, especially when you don't expect it. :) xx
Awwww reading that email brought a smile to my face so I'm not surprised that you're so happy after reading it.
....Awwww.....
Couldn't help smiling/laughing as I was reading this.
It's the little things that matter.
Go Bumight!
that's really nice and thoughtful of Olayinka...I always find it really humbling when someone goes out of their way to send you a message saying weldone or some other nice words...I'm sure you do too...
Congrats on being "Happiest Blogger"...lol
No no no!
The real question is..
WHY are u consoling yourself in Barokas arms???
awww how sweet. i love your atitude jor.
lol@ fabulo-la, yes i am curious too.
hi bumight
you got my attention.
I like a lot
you are so sweet
Unfair much!! How come no1 sends me such e-mails?? What do you have that I don't have, Bumight?
*insert angry face*
Ha, I'm just reading this after such a long time. Oh how much I've been away from here.
I have found a most profound joy in blog comments, and personal emails, that you can't quantify. Much like you, much of my blogging life throughout last and this year was conditioned by stress, and interestingly, the audience only saw pleasantness. It brings a very sweet kind of happiness. Long story short, can we share the "Happy Bloggers Award?"
And, I love you too, Dr. Bumight. :)
Post a Comment