twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Medical Foods and Bed Intruder

seems like the people who named things back then had a food fetish or something...
there are a lot of diseases or pathology states that are described using foods. eg the appearance of a child that has congenital rubella is referred to as "blueberry muffin" baby.


Imagine this conversation in a restaurant:


Hi can I have a cup of tea colored urine?
Oh, sorry we're fresh out. Can I interest u in a cup of coca-colored urine?
That would be fine but can I have that with a blueeberry nevus?
Sure! As long as u don't mind a side order of anchovy paste aspirate?
How about a nutmeg liver as a main course?
Very good. Would u like a strawberry cervix on top of a chocolate cyst for desert?
To top it all off, how about a nice cherry hemangioma?
Tasty! Don't forget my cafe-au-lait spots.
- All courtesy: Conrad Fisher, M.D.


coca-cola colored or tea colored urine: blood in uurine
blueberry nevus -
anchovy paste aspirate- aspirate from a liver cyst of someone with a liver cyst
nutmeg liver - how the liver looks if there is too much fluid in it
strawberry cervix - how the cervix looks with trichomonas vaginalis infection
chocolate cyst - the appearance of the ovary when there is endometrial cells in it (bleeding into the ovary kinda)
cherry hemangioma - click on the link for pictures


This was on the news a while ago...





Now Listen to this:


11 comments:

~B~ said...

I'm kinda confused by the food namin thing :S

lool, heard that song a while back even bought it on iTunes, kind of catchy! plus the money goes t the family :)

ZeL said...

I'm lost@medical foods.

Lol@bed intruder. So funny

Hirra said...

ha ha. hillarious

bArOquE said...

hide your kids, hide your wives, hide your husbands...
see talk

Anoda Phase said...

lol...that restaurant convo sounds disturbing...

SHE said...

Don't you remember the diseases when you see the food items?

Lol. Is the guy creative or opportunistic?

Zena said...

Hide your kids..Hide your Husband....Hide your wife cos they raping errbody...lmao

Rita said...

Gosh, is that the language you people speak..OMG! lol at being food fetish...

Anya Posh said...

LOL...that nutmeg liver sounds so nasty! Ech!

Unwind said...

This is very funny!

Anonymous said...

It's really bad when you have to try to recognize the foods from the disease condition.

Seriously,I used to have problems deciding whether the pear in "pear-shaped" was the avocado or Nigerian version.And I still haven't identified an almond:)

Nine

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com