twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

When a blogger dies...

Yesterday, I was on the bbm with one of my friends. He was telling me about his friend that died. I asked the usual questions, sent my condolences, and got back to what I was doing. hours later, I found out on twitter that he was dead. A few minutes later, I realize that he was the friend my friend was referring to. It took a minute to sink in.
His was one of the first blogs I happened upon when I started blogging, and also my first and biggest blog crush. I didnt get to meet him, and I only got to find out his true identity yesterday (which is partly why he was my biggest blog crush)

So the question remains, how do you know when a blogger dies? Especially when someone has not updated their blog in months...or even years?

When I first began blogging (feels so good to say that, like I've been at it for ages instead of a lousy four months) I had visions of having a wide, diverse readership, of writing such powerful, thought-provoking pieces, influenceing the world with my ideas and ideals, providing a forum for the misdirected, uninspired louts from whose ranks I had risen, to be heard everywhere around the globe...(well, apparently, that ain't happening... - Ozaveshe

Nonso, you influenced a lot of people with your writings, and you'll forever live on through your words.
Rest in Peace, The cunning Linguist.

22 comments:

Blessing said...

:( May their soul rest in perfect peace.

Shadenonconform said...

Oh wow. May his soul rest in peace. All these deaths these past few weeks is just very depressing :(

Azazel said...

Really saddened

bob-ij said...

wow.

May he rest in peace.

~x~

poeticallytinted said...

Wow, If not for this I wouldn't have ever known Nonso was the Cunning Linguist. What a loss!

Tigeress said...

omd, i wonder what happened. that is so sad to hear. May his sould RIP. Amen!

Afrobabe said...

I had the same thoughts...how do people know you've passed on??

So sad to loose one so young..

May his soul rest in peace..

Blogoratti said...

Hope you are in a much better place. RIP*

LG said...

:(

may God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss (amen

SHE said...

May God console his family.

But in truth, how does one know when a blogger dies?

Afrobabe. I hail o!

Myne said...

It is really painful. May his soul RIP.

~Sirius~ said...

So Sad.

R.I.P

Anonymous said...

We will surely miss you. RIP

Unknown said...

Aloofar let me know.

I may not have known you but your post was awesome.

Hope you were saved.

I mean Jesus saves, i know many don't want to hear but it is the truth.

T.Notes said...

RIP Mate. That one hit close to home.

tobenna said...

N aka Ozavs was a great writer.
Sad. We'll miss him.
One thing that needs clearing up though...his last post was in 2008. When did he pass? 2010 or 2008?

tobenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Omojesus said...

RIP to the blogger who passed on. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Its nice to see that you left nice memories with what you wrote about even when your readers didn't know who you are.

Anonymous said...

"...how do you know when a blogger dies?" we may never know.

However, even when one updates not, the comfort of the persons writings are always timeless.

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

@ Tobenna..he died this year
@ Bumight..you would have fallen for him if you met him, he was a joy to be around. Feels like he's just out of my reach..

CaramelD said...

RIP.

It's true though, their work never dies.

Writefreak said...

May God comfort his family...

And Tisha, i'm with you on that!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com