twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 3, 2013


Like almost everybody else, my friend sent me the Andy Stanley series on "The new rules for sex, love and Marriage"
One thing ive known about me since my "love life"is that i'm a serial dater. i've always been in a relationship. especially since i had my famous 6 year relationship that had sort of defined my love life.
I felt like i was good enough especially for the kind of man i wanted, I figured i was good enough wifey material. I was ok looking, could cook up a mean meal, was a lady in the streets freak in d bed and as such i was just waiting for the right man to come along.

And in my quest, i had kissed a couple of frogs. I hated being alone -single.i still do.
However i never really realized what love is. i LOVE the way Andy breaks down 1 cor 13.
I've realized that even though i might not be the man im looking for. i would love to be the right person.
So im doing the 1 year challenge. To become the person i would love to be with, and i dont mean in terms of Job or degrees, but to become the person i want to be.

I know its not going to be easy because I've always believed that guys want something different from what girls want. and naija guys are on a whole different P. However, im gonna give it a try. That means if  that guy that im secretly pining for or God forbid Wande Coal decides to ask me on a date, I'll have to say no abi? Le sigh.

O well, its not like im beating guys off my back lately, but it doesn't help that in d last year alone a lot of my friends have gotten married, and it seems like im 2 years too late.

I'm going to chronicle my journey on the blog   my1yearchallenge.blogspot.com

No dating, no flirting, and all the new bad habits I've picked up i have to divest. That's gonna be the hardest part. I feel like one year might not be enough, and this is going to be the first time im going to blog about one part of my life that has always been kept under wraps on my blog.


I'll try to blog about twice a month

So May 3, 2013.

7 comments:

Mwajim Al said...

Congrats :) I just concluded mine, although I didn't read the above mentioned book. It's going to be a ride, but His grace definitely sees you through!

Blessing said...

Go you!!! I did it for about 3 years and it was so worth it..I love the new me!!!

Afronuts said...

Interesting!...I like it when people decide to go on what I'll call 'self rehabilitation'.

And I can assure you it'll definitely work because its proven that when you start doing something consistently for 14 days, it automatically becomes a habit. So the new attitudes you want to adopt will start off just like that!

You go girl! You'll get there!

Molara Brown said...

All the best babe...I have been on and off the road...I hope you win the challenge.

~Sirius~ said...

aaaaah....do we get updates on how this journey is panning out?


I think every girl should do this at some point in their life.....I also did it too.

Nolimit said...

Go gal!!! Yes you can!!!:)
lol more like yes you will!

aloted said...

didnt realise u were back on blogger...
i was looking for u on twitter one time like this sef.

well done girl...going to check out ur new blog

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com