At the beginning of this year...actually as last yearr was coming to an end, I made a decision to tidy up all loose ends in my life - a sort of housekeeping if you could call it that. I decided to finally be grown up and responsible in my finances.
I have been living everyday as it comes, but at a certain age, I believe one needs to put aside something. Not as if its your savings that will save you when things get tough, but its the idea of cultivating a savings habit. I know my Checking account, once money sits in it for too long, it will leaev. yes, as in develop legs and walk away. Funny thing is when its done, its done.
Anyways, I decided to open a savings account. I didnt actually act on it till I walked into a fabrics store just to windowshop but came out with 5 yards of lace material. The guilt of it sent me to the bank the very next day to put something aside! I'm making a commitment to putting something inside every month.
Next, I pulled up my credit report. Thankfully it wasn't in the toilets yet...it was already in the soak away! I wont call myself a reckless spender, but a series of unfortunate incidences meant that I had a lot of negative activity on it. The only regret I have is that none of it was accrued from designer handbags, clothes or shoes. At least those things will be keeping me comfortable now shey? Anyways, I disputed everything on it, and my score has gone up some 26 points. slow and steady, they say.
mehn, this growing up business thing isn't easy! phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment