twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mr Telephone man

...there's something wrong with my line-

well, actually there's nothing wrong with it. Am I the only one that sees calling loved ones as a chore? (loved ones do not include my current love interests, lol). I'm the type of child that calls home every 6 weeks.  Funny thing is that my parents seem to be used to it.
Back in school, I had friends that called home every week unfailingly.  A part of me envied them, but really I was not about that life. I find perfunctory calls boring. Calls where we ask about the weather, and all unrelated things just to say we talked to one another. Thankfully a lot of my close friends do not measure our level of friendship by the frequency of our calls. we can talk to each other in 3 months intervals and pick back up where we stopped as if nothing happened.

Sometimes i actually keep in touch better with my friends because I give them "gist" about my life. As opposed to some aunty and uncle that I really dont want to know my business and as such there is really nothing to talk about. Per my parents, I'm not so comfortable talking to them about romantic interests, because you can't really give them all the nitty gritty details about your relationships because we all know wheat happens when youtell your parents about your spouse's fights. you forgive the spouse and most times they dont.
Anyways, I'm trying to be a "better" person, and at least call home once a month. Maybe from there we can work our way to twice a month? lol

No comments:

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com