twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Unforgiveness

On most days I consider myself a very easy going loving person. I don't usually hold grudges. However for the past couple of days I've been wrestling with unforgiveness. I've not had to deal with this issue of forgiveness since someone very close to me (a family member) hurt me. It took me months to get over it, even though I did say some hateful spiteful words to the person. However I got over it and I can truly say I don't have any hint of I forgiveness in my heart.

It's pretty easy to forgive someone when they apologize for the wrong they've done, but what about someone who shows no remorse? Who hasn't even acknowledged that they hurt you. Who doesn't seem to care. How do you go about forgiving such a person. What about the magnitude of what they've done. What offense is too great not to forgive?

I've felt the leading of the Holy Spirit asking me to forgive and pray for someone who hurt me. First time I heard it, I lay on my bed arguing with the Holy Spirit. And instead of praying I kept on recounting all the painful and hurtful things the person did with tears in my eyes.

Everytime I say I've forgiven the person, I remember again and I feel hurt afresh, and I know that I truly haven't. I really want to let go, but it's harder than I imagined.

No comments:

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com