twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I must have pulled this out of my a**, but...

By now, you would have realized that I have given up posting "In Da House". I'm tired of it. If you want to know how it ends, send me a message and I'll send it to you by email.
Rather, I want to blog about one of my teachers. I actually wrote this entry yesterday, and the confirmation that I had to blog about it came today. I was talking with one of my friends, and he said he wonders why students make a big deal of their female teachers sleeping with them. They are supposed to consider themselves lucky, according to him.

This just reminded me about male teachers making passes at me. I am usually smart enough to brush it off, but here was one that took me years to figure out.


For some reason I feel the need to blog about one particular teacher of mine-mr M. ( sadly, enough, I'm still too scared to mention his name, cos I'm still secretly scared of him.

Here is a short bio on the guy: r. M should have been in his 50s at that time-roughly about 6 years ago. No one really knew his age,but he was clearly an old man. Mr. M taught chemistry, and he was good at what he did. You could NEVER fail WAEC chemistry if Mr. M was your teacher. He was also Ghanian. He was so smart, he knew something about every random thing. Sounds like the ideal teacher? Wait, everyone was scared of him. He was so eccentric, and could turn on you at any moment.

At that time, I was in 12th grade and I was 14 going on 15. I liked my teacher, but my teacher liked me. I knew not.

One day, I went to his lab to help him set up for our exams, actually it was three of us- two other guys and myself. After a couple of mins, Mr.M decided he needed a smoke and set out to get one. Right before he left however, my high school crush-hereafter to be referred to as Crush- comes in. We(four of us, students) leave the lab, unknown to us, the other two dudes came back.

Mr M. comes back and doesn't find me and Crush in the lab, and then he goes ballistic! Calling Crush all sorts of names in the book, saying " HE CAME HERE, AND TOOK THE GIRL AWAY"- in his fiercest ghanian voice.

After I finish high school, Mr. M persuades me to write the SATs, I do. He writes me the best recommendation EVER, and every time I come to school for my transcripts, he personally goes to the school office to make sure it is processed hastily. I must have made those visits to school like 6 times. Each time, Mr. M insists on giving me transport fare. I collect it cos I'm scared he's going to go Kamikazee on me. At first he gives me $50, it costs $10 to get me home, @30 at the most. Then he gives me $100, then $200, then $500. When I pass the SATs (with the best score in the country at that time- He told me that), he insists on giving me "a gift", I refuse his offer of a bottle of wine, then he says he would buy me a wrist watch. No shaking.

On my birthday, he gives my sister $2000 and a birthday card to give to me. At this point, I am terrified, and I stop going to school because I don't know how to refuse his 'transport fare".
When I finally got into school in the US, I go to school to tell him. He then gives me his address and says I should come and "visit" him at home. I said ok… and then I disappeared.

I told this story to one of my friends and he said ;'duh! He liked you". I don’t want to believe this cos I still want to hold on to the idea of Mr. M being the best teacher ever. I haven't been able to tell anyone this until recently, cos I don't want to believe anything that bad about him.
I wonder what would have happened if I had gone to "visit" him at home. Would he have made an actual pass at me? Tried to touch me? Eww! I can't even conjure up the image!

PS: this is the abbreviated version of the story.

5 comments:

Owumi said...

lmao! This was hilarious and gross at the same time!!! lol!!!

bighead said...

Highest SAT score in the country? I thot that was me? :-(. I'm just joking. I was no where close to that. So yur brainy ehnn? I'm beginning to trip. Don't tell mr M oh! We don't want YOUR jealous "love" coming to harass me. The guy really invested in you. lol.

p.s. send the end of the drama by email jo. Why did yu stop posting?

bumight said...

@ owumi: I know, the man is old and scary. actually he returned the gift my mom gave him when i graduated - he returned it like 2 years after. My dad was so mad when he told me, he asked me what could have happened. shuo! me i just said I didn't know o!

@ bighead: Love and Mr M. in the same sentence? please don't let me throw up. I'll send u the email

Toochi said...

hi.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting Bumight. I knew you were always the "brainer". Is this a true story?
It's very nicely told, in a very funny way.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com