twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

People who Blog are jobless!

That's what my friend told me today. I was jejely reading boorish's blog in class, and I was going to show him something I thought he should see. my bad.
I'm all for letting people have their opinions and all that ish, but if you have such an opinion, it just ...
I don't say people that watch sports are jobless, I don't say people that watch Anime are jobless(even though a part of me thinks so), I don't say
"...who wants to hear about how xxx your life is..."
carlang wants to, so does bighead, and owumi
Is it that my fault that I like to write, and I choose to share what I write with a whole bunch of people. I tried to explain that I don't write a diary, I just write. Not to say there's anything wrong with an online diary, but he just wasn't listening.
Then I thought of all my favorite bloggers (you know who you are) and I got angry (talk about righteous anger!). On the real though I don't care too much for putting people down because of their preferences and for no reason whatsoever.
What do u think? Are bloggers jobless people?

12 comments:

bighead said...

Ask your "jobful" friend what he uses his spare time for. Most bloggers are actually serious-minded people (from the little I can percieve) who can balance things and ensure that one hobby doesn't destry some other part of your life. Don't mind the guy jare. he probably can't write; that might be a good portion of his problem.

bighead said...

Which reminds me sef. There was this tool I was told to work with at work. The tool has a blog site and from there I was able to get in touch with one of its designers. I now maintain email correspondence with the guy when I have problems. Tell your friend to check stuff out before he talks. Its a hobby fine but not for "jobless" people.

Mimi said...

:) i write because i can. i write because i love it. doesn't make me jobless.

u know u dont need to ask that question right...

bloggers arent jobless.

ozaveshe said...

does working in a place you'd rather not be in qualify as jobless? cos omo i dey find new job o...

Toochi said...

firstly. and lastly.
i feel insulted!
should smack that person some.

i think blogging is a sort of lifestyle...such as writting.
well....if he thinks this "lifestyle" is as a result of joblessess, he should jump...off a...whatever:)

bumight said...

@bighead; thanks, I feel better already, :-)

@mimi: I know right, I told him the same thing

@ozaveshe:not exactly. does misfit sound better?

@toochi: yeah, I already smacked him on the head. I think he was just trying to be dramatic with his response, but u know what they say, there's always an iota of truth lurking in every joke. I just felt insulted cos some people actually truly think this way.

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

i blog at my spare time. and i seem to have alot of it these days. lol!!

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

what's up babes?!

Ms. Catwalq said...

we know each other?
really?
abeg email me and divulge

bumight said...

@isi: nothing much o, luved ur BBA post!
@ catwalq; I'm on my way there

shhhh said...

some are, some arent..depends on what they do/dont for a living. writing is a creative way to let loose in this crazy world jare.dont blame em

Owumi said...

lmao. He's just jealous he couldn't put two sentences together that anyone would want to read.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com