twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Its the New 08 Baby!

abeg free me o!, 2008 is still new, one month down and 11 more to go. So while everyone was busy making new year's resolutions, I was just lying down on my bed, chilling for y'all to break your resolutions before I make mine.

Yes! I said it. February is the new cool time to make resolutions. First, you've had like 30 (or is it 31?) days to savor the new year, and assess things...so to speak.

I thought long and hard on this one, taking time to compile my list.

Here goes...

1. I will listen more to myself.

See, I know what is right for myself, so why do I tell myself the right thing to do, and then moments later go in the opposite direction and do another thing?

2. I am doing at least 30 crunches a day

I always say I wish I had done this everytime the summer rolls by. This summer, I'm ditching my tankini for a bikini!

3. I am going to do what is right by myself.

nuff said.

4. I am doing something for my birthday this year.

I cannot tell whether it'll be a party, or an outing with friends, but I'm definitely planning something ahead of time. y'all are welcome to come....that is if you come with a gift :-)

5. I am picking up a new habit.

I don't know what it would be, maybe yoga, salsa dancing, or something else. Whatever it is, I am acquiring a new skill.

6. Make more friends, keep the number of enemies at a stable constant. :-)

Notice I said friends not acquaintances. Who needs more enemies?

7. I am thoroughly enjoying this 08!

Spare no cost, spare no efforts. No regrets!!

8. Be more serious about my relationship with God.

Amen!

Hopefully, I'll still be blogging by the end of the year, and I'll be able to put a check beside everything on this list.


PS: I'll finish the story of the last post very soon. I promise. Just don't hold your breadth for it :-)

27 comments:

InCogNaija said...

just had to put in the "i got here first" stamp
good luck wif your 30 days late resolution.

desperate lady said...

damn incognaija i'm spose to be 1st. it's all good sha, i'm 2nd!

desperate lady said...

ur list is the shit. ummm 30crunches?? only?? i'm spose to be doing 80 everyday and i haven't done any. i thik i'll start tonight.
Invite me for ur party, i'll be der with a gift(myself).

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. Why have you not answered everyone's questions on your last post? Which one did you choose? Or is it fiction? I'm sorry you went through that, but i'm sure that you'd expect people to ask you what you did or else you would not have blogged about it. So can you kindly tell us what you did or whether or not that story was fiction? Thanks.

Take care.

shhhh said...

goodluck with rediscovering urself, and the crunches!

Brilliantly Me said...

I give that list 4 months lol

bumight said...

@Incognaija: it's not 30 days late, it's right on time!

@DL: there's some math behind the # 30. so if I do 60 in one day, i dont have to do any for the next day :-) yeah, lets get to crunching!

@anon: I answered some of the questions as comments. patience my dear, patience.

@TLK: thanks, u sure u don't wanna join in the crunches? u can do push ups if u want :-)

@Rayo: haba! where is your faith in me ehn?

Edirin said...

good luck

nice blog

Ms. Catwalq said...

abi o jare...I have been planning for those crunches for like four years....

ShadeCrown said...

Goodluck with the resolutions...

guerreiranigeriana said...

good luck...hope you accomplish all...if you'd waited till the sixth, you would have made resolutions that fall on the start of chinese new year...you care because you're chinese right?...;)

shhhh said...

push ups it is then. yay to super hunky TLK

Bhookey said...

gluck with them resolutions, i just read ur blog from the beginning, nice nice!!!

Orientatednaijababe said...

Goodluck with ur resolutions...so u have been chillin on ur bed while i was stalkin ur blog waitin for the second part of the story? Okay oh, i go catch u

So how many crunches have u done today??? abeg add 20 for me

Naapali said...

I like your list and wish you well with it.

little miss me said...

resolutions in febuary?..thats odd lol,goodluck

Ms. emmotions said...

lol @ keeping ur enemies at stable number, are u sayin u wont add any more to ur list or wat ?

tell me yes , i will go for the killer, take either ur man or ur crush and lets see if that enemy list wont increase,

had fun while here,

take kare

Allied said...

It doesnt matter when you make your goals jare, asl long as you work to bring it to fruitation

bumight said...

@F & F: thanks!

@catwalq: oya lets get to crunching, my belly already hurt from the first few

@sha: thanks!

@Gnigeriana: chinese? maybe in my last life :-)

@TLKS: go on with yo bad self :-)

@bhookey: I'm blushing

@ONB: lol, I'll get to writing soon. I actually did 60 :-)
I can dash u the other 30, lol!

@Napaali: thanks!

@honeywell: glad u love it!

@LMM: different is the word u looking for instead of odd? thanks!

@Ms emotions:
lol, not that i wont add more, if I add one more enemy then the least hateful enemy stops being an enemy. head spinning yet? stay off my man/crushes!!! lol

@allied: thanks jare!

Queen of My Castle said...

You should do something for your birthday because you deserve it even if you do something alone. Am loving your list, all 8 promises.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

resolutions in feb? thats a nu one.no 2 rocks.

princesa said...

Still sitting here and waiting for the update o!
My popcorn don nearly finish so plzzzzz hurry,lol!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

These are nice resolutions. Can't believe you waited until February though. lol!

Best of luck!

Joy Akut said...

hey...u cheated girl. making resolutions this late while others sweated it out in january and have probably broken theirs...lol
LMAO at 30 crunches, what happened to 100? note that with a number so small u have no right to break this one.
best of luck with the rest...

Naija Chickito said...

Nothing do u jare! Now, please update on the previous story.:)

@princesa-lol

Afrobabe said...

good luck with ur resolutions...I didn't have any...so couldn't break them...lol...

come back and finish the story oh...

bumight said...

ok, I finished the story, for some reason (i think cos i saved it as a draft) its below this post.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com