The flight wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had some of my friends on the flight with me, so we each took 4hr shifts. Don't ask me doing what.
The last time I went to Naija, it felt like I stepped out of a color picture into a black and white picture. This time was different. It felt more like a photoshoped picture…
The niece was absolutely gorgeous! although where would she have gotten the worwor gene from? On the day I was leaving she started being clingy, following me everywhere, lying next to me, that sort of thing. When the time came to leave, she cried so hard, it was very difficult prying her loose…
I slept half of the vacation away. The plan was to catch up on all the sleep I missed for the past 4 months. I really didn’t get to hang out with old friends. Funny thing is most of my friends here went to naija, actually all my closest friends went to naija as well, so most of my "hanging out" was done with my friends from yankee. I made a couple of cool new friends too.
For the most part NEPA was kinda cool, On the few days I spent at home there was light during the day. Also Papa bumight came through, so the generator was always on at night. I simply timed my sleep such that I was fast asleep before they put the generator off.
So did I gain weight? you'd think so shey?Mama Bumight was on a mission. All the swallowables(thanks bighead1) that I didn't want to eat, she made sure they went down my throat. From feedback, I heard my face got smoother and my boobs got bigger, but hey *shrug* that's something.
Everything in Naija looked so different. Oh! And did I mention that I was tantalized? There are so many new eateries in Naija, I stuck to the old ones though.
Naija Traffic! Horrible does not come close to describing. I was stuck in Traffic and I missed the party at my house on the 31st. As in, when I got home,they had packed ALL the chairs! Everytime I got out of the traffic, I just felt like sleeping.
And I also missed my phone!, I miss being able to call people at will without worrying about credit.
Totally Random: I’m very much convinced that it would be difficult for me to drive in Naija. Next time I go back, I want to be able to go out without thinking about who’ll take me out. That means I need to learn how to drive stick shift(manual transmission) and most importantly, acquire the courage to even drive in naija sef.
Oh! And I noticed that they don’t play any of our southern garage music on radio in naija. Heard so many naija songs, I felt flooded. By the time I left, I felt like if I heard the song Do me by P.Square one more time, I was going to scream, …now that song is my early morning commute hymn.
Very important: I heard this song on radio once, I don’t know who sang it or anything, but I need to get it. It sounded like a Kanye West/Ebenezer Obey duet. More like kanye west rapping/singing very cool stuff and in the middle, maybe the chorus or the hook, imagine Ebenezer Obey’s voice singing “Silence is the best answer for a fool”. I thought it was so cool.
Generally, I had 2 weeks of extreme pampering. I don't think I lifted a finger. The very best 2 weeks I've spent in the last 6 months. Eating, sleeping, and going out. qed. Nothing else- that's the life!
I almost didnt want to come back, It felt colder for the first couple of days. I couldn't remember the way to my house from the airport, like seriously! everything looked strange.

15 comments:
Hey glad ur story is a bit positive............... u enjoyed Nigeria!!!! Happy New Year. The traffic is for another day, its som annoying
bet you enjoyed your stay...
wetin you come carry go?
@unnaked soul.... you be naija police? lol
Welcome back jare
Hope you had fun?
Enjoy!
ops! happy new year.
Yeap no doubt about it u were in Nigeria.
2weeks gone and you couldnt remember the way to your house from the airport..how odd..i miss naija.sounds like you haad fun.
Happy New Year! I miss naija...haven't been back in ages! Glad you had a good trip- no police/armed robbers wahala!
Hahaha, you forget the way home? Too funny. Means you really had a good vacay. Welcome back!
So, did you ever find out the name of the song (Ebenezer Obey/Kaye)? Let us know, I for sure desperately want to hear it now.
Take care!
@kel: we can't dwell on the negatives, can we? and the traffic is most def. a beast!
@unnaked: dude, u don't want to know o!, lol!
@darkelcee: abeg help me ask him o, I definitely had fun
@anon gal: were u doubting before? lol!
@LMM: don't mind me jare, my mind was still working in naija mode
@acainto: help me thank God o for leaving the "big boys" ou of this trip
@S'delle: I'm still looking for it, I'm counting on the naija bloggers(the ones who actually live in naija) to do the research, actually, I nominate unnaked to handle this one!
babe come let me teach u how to drive stick shift so we'll both get smashed on 6-95.
I was reading ur post when a mail came n guess who it's from u, which comment r u leaving? hmmmm
Did u bring suya back? i'm going too sha n since u made it sound like fun, i'm no longer confused about going.
naija is schizophrenic, u like it u hate it but at the end of the day u love it! crazy i know. glad u enjoyed it, shame about the useless traffic.at least ur body is banging so thank naija for that!
Its good to see you had fun in Naija..
@DL: u see, the problem is that I love my life a lil too much. I didn't bring suya :-(
@TLKS:as if you read my mind. true, I'm thanking naija :-)
@Afunto: I sure did!
u r so funny, dear. yeah, we no dey play much oyibo music again o. we don wise. charity begins at home, baby
SOunds like u had fun in naija. Nice.
Hmm.. So out of curiosity, did you ever find out what the name of the track was??
Post a Comment