I woke up and my stomach felt somehow unsettled. Everyone in my house knew how to categorize and describe stomach aches. The one up usually meant u were hungry, pain below meant you were having ulcer pangs, and general *turning hands in circles* unsettlement meant u needed some major medicine.
Anyways, this pain was lower than the "ulcer pain" site, and it felt different. Then I had the urge to go to the restroom and there I saw it.
There was blood in my pants.
Of course, I had been waiting for this moment. Last term in school all my close friends started but me. They came to school armed with the necessary artillery to fight the red witch.
When the moment came, everything I had prepared for, all I had "learnt" went out of my head. so I called my sister and we decided to hold fort till my mum arrived.
I kept running into the restroom every 30 mins.
For some reason, I couldn't tell my mum that night, so I told her in the morning
mama bumight: why didn't u tell me yesterday?
bumight: I was already asleep before you came back
mama bumight: so what did you use?
bumight: I used toilet rolls
mama bumight: ok, go and collect money from your dad and go and buy pad.
wtf! s@##&^%! I looked at her almost praying she was joking. Yeah she was joking, but she gave me the look.
I knew she was enjoying this.
With no option, I moved my uncooperative feet towards the dining room where my dad was reading something. When I almost got there, I diverted and went into the kitchen.
mama bumight: daddy, bumight wants to tell you something
papa bumight: what is it?
bumight: em....em... I ...
by this time I see the amused look in his eyes
bumight: I...mummy said I should collect money from you to buy....pad
papa bumight: what type of pad
is this man kidding me?
bumight: daddy now, u know... *heavy blush*
papa bumight: writing pad?
somebody please shoot me now
bumight: sanitary pad
PS: I'm toying with the idea of making this into a weekly thing: first fridays. I reserve the right to pick what I want to write about, but I'm open to suggestions. sorry i didnt do a spell check :(

42 comments:
Hi Bumight! Shebi u said I shud go and sit down. Ok, your blog has now bcome my abode from where I shall rule all of blog sphere!
Red riding hood! Very annoying but necessary visitor. I wonder what happened to the big bad wolf...
yeah! I'm first, I'm first, I'm first!!!!!! I'm second too. Ain't dis my lucky day!!!!
lmao!! major set up. i am sure they had a good laff off it later that night!!
lmao....reminds me of my dad...lovely write up, u have motivated me so am gonna write about askin my dad for money for pad too...
está porreiro, very good!
lol @ red witch. Lol at Writing pad. when i started, my dad started preaching about boys and getting pregnant.
@Ejura: It certainly is ur lucky day! first timer's luck I'd say... maybe I need to blog about the big bad wolf, lol!
wait o, if ou are ruling all of blogsville from here, I need to make u veeeeeery comfortable. want anything to drink? lol!
@Incog: are you minding them? my embarrasment must've soooo made their day!
@afrobabe: now u've said it, u know i'll be looking forward to that post, right?
@lapa: thanks!
@uzezi: your dad doing the preaching? my dad leaves that to my mum, I cant even imagine him doing it!
Lol, 9ja mothers are so funny.My mum actually got my dad to drive me to 1004 to get the pad, it was soooooooooo annoying. I mean did he even have to know?? Looking forward to your write ups.
lol' @ ejura...the big bad wolf wa gearing up to pay visits to lil' red riding hood when mother was away.
ahh, that red witch. i remember the first day she gave me nightmares...
Your mom is a hoot. That's so unfair though, at least u can laugh about it now.
lolllllllll.......sanitary...pad. I feel so sorry for u right now. Lollll...I think it was my mum that asked for me. Eueeeewy!!!
Oh, mennn...my first time was crazy!!!!
Very funny story! Gurl, you are hilarious. That must have been the most difficult thing to do. I can only imagine!
Mothers.Why do they make things harder than necesary.she 4 just tell am now. irem then when i buy pad. i trippled the nylon,i would rather die than buy from a man or from were pple are. now i fit hold the thing dey gist wit all and sundry
@pink lips: lol, I'd have died 10 deaths in the car, on the way to get the pad!
@fantasy queen: care to share?
@sting: babes, it wasn't funny then o!
@jaycee: you're one of the lucky few!
@naija chickito: lol, I can still remember the feeling
@anon gal: lol, I dont want to even go through the story of actually buying the thing. It had to be the black nylon not the yellow one. lmao! now its a different story. I dont even need nylon bags nemore!
lmao omg ur mom is funny, she really put u on d spot. Wut did ur dad say when u said "sanitory pad"?
About ur last post-take it easy hun, everything will be ight. Come get a big hug*
hahaha! Just thank God your mom didn't do what mine did. She ran out, bought a whole bunch of chickens, cooked them, called up family and friends and had a party celebrating my becoming a woman. **covering head in shame**
lol!
How now?
NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...
Hahahaha. That is just wrong. They were having a blast, weren't they? Gosh, I hate when they do that. LOL. Writing pad ko sleeping pad ni. Hahaha. Eyaa, sorry love.
Where do these parents get off? I need to traumatize my daughter a little too....LOL!
Solomonsydelle, please say yo are joking.
@DL: rest of the convo
bumight- sanitary pad
dad- sanitary pad for what? lol
at that point i just didnt answer him again. I just waited for the money!
@Solomonsydelle: I know u've got to be joking!, for real!! I can't even begin to imagine the embarassment!! LMAO!!!
@Vera:u bet they were having a blast! welcome to my blog!
@in my head...: Free the poor girl o! abegi, we're in the 21st century, lol!
your parents sound like fun
@jinta: my mom is the eku eda . popsie just plays along!
when mine came it was late at night and mum was out of town so i went up to Baba Catwalq and informed him in no uncertain terms that I needed sanitary pads.
This man got up from the exam papers he was marking, walked in the night (there were two cars in the compound) to the nearest open chemist and came back with almost all the brands and sizes that the woman had on display. The heiffer obviously happy to make a sale did nmot question when he requested one of all she had. He even came home with DR. BROWN!!!! Who uses DR BROWN?
that was kinda mean of ur folks teasing u like that...lol
i never liked asking my dad 4 money too but my mum always made me do it
Hey You? I thought you were babedoc. What happened?
uhmm.... okay.... uhmm.... red.... blood.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
uhmm.... okay.... uhmm.... red.... blood.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
uhmm.... okay.... uhmm.... red.... blood.... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ROTFLMAO!!!
I can just imagine ur red face asking:
"Papa i want buy pad",lol!
I dont mind the series o
lol @ ssd!!!....did she really do that?!....i would have died!!!!...
...these naija moms and periods or embarrassing shit in general...its as if they don't remember when it was them...or they take some sadistic delight in enhancing our embarrassment...lol...i like the series idea and look forward to it...
@catwalq: why am I not surprised that u told the man like that? lol! the question is- what in the world is DR. BROWN?
@soupasexy: aren't u lucky?
@jaybabe: i just felt like changing it.
@anuboy; why are u fronting like u've not seen blood before? ehn? red blood ko, blue blood ni!, lol!
@prisca: hopefully i can keep up with the series
@gnigeriana: I still crack up when i read ssd's comment. I'm keeping some of these to practice on my kids!, hehehe
im here cracking up..your parents are cute and hilarious
Oh for the love of...your parents are a riot...My mom cried...LOL
lmao... your parents are just terrible.. hehe... i know ur dad was just enjoying it wayyyyyyy too much... i dont know that i ever told my stepmom.. i sort of just knew what to do... lol. discovered tampons two years ago.. and ive never gone back!
no update. no problems. tmr is good friday. eat no meat. Hapy Easter
@uzo - really! r mum cried? wow. I would have loved that.
I like this seires oh! lol...
Well my dear, its the norm for me, I am very cloise to my dad and as he is the major bread winner (gets bigger pay), he pays for everything, my mum capitalised on my closeness to my dad and redirected all my requests to him like redirect mails!
So, till Uni, my dad buys my bras, pads, panties, jeans, tops, wareva...yep, he knows my cup size and am soo used to it.
@Zephi: having fun at my expense shey?
@Uzo: ur mom cried?
@overwhelmed: i discovered tampons a few years back. maybe I'll blog about it la'ers
@Uzezi: Happy Easter. Enjoy...I have an exam on easter monday!
@honeywell: cadbury's breakfast telly was the bomb!
@naija chic: my dad ABSOLUTELY refused to be the one buying pad,bras, and the likes. He could give u the money out of embarassment, but he's definitely not buying it!
lmao...see you this girl...hkic...don't worry...when you read about d'banj being smitten by some naija chick living in yankee, na when e go big for your eye!!!...
bumight...wetin you dey yarn o...leave that man...na me be his kokolette o...see as i dey wind that ting...i look so clean...i look so mean...;)
lol@catawalq.
i was too young to be shy when i started mine. infact i cried home with my pants in my hands. men!!!!!!
How old were you?
Utterly hilarious!
Part II please
lol, I'm actually adding you to my reader. I've enjoyed my time on your blog. Entertaining!
And For. the. love. of. God. Please change this black background, I can hardly see my cursor when I try to hit the comment button..
Take Care Lady...
LMAO at your dad askin you what type of pad..see how two of them were enjoyin themselves watcin you blush! hehe..so whats this trend wiv first redz and fathers? my first was on popsis birthday..and from then on, it only showz up on occasions..first day of school, someones birthday, examz...argh
Post a Comment