twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'm so not crazy about you anymore!

1. shopping
When I was in college (omigosh! I sound old) shopping was a weekly event you planned for. I would wake up on saturday morning, eat brunch, take a bath, and go to the mall with my friends. We didn't need any reason to go shopping, we just did. One saturday, Coffee would need a new top and the 5 of us would all go to the mall. The next saturday, it would be Coco. The next, it would be Caramel that wanted new shoes. We knew all the malls in the area. We knew the best mall to go to for any occasion. We knew which malls had which shops and all that.
Now, I don't get any rush from shopping anymore. I do not enjoy trying dress after dress looking for the perfect one.
Can't I just be like Paris Hilton and have the shops bring the clothes to my house? *sigh*


2. facebook
I've been on facebook for like 3 years now, and its starting to lose its appeal. At first, facebook was key to contacting and finding classmates whenever we had difficult assignments, wanted to know if class was cancelled, and stuff like that. You could find pple in ur class, or people that were taking the same classes as you in other universities... I think the beginning of the end was when they started letting pple develop facebook applications (I don't know if anybody still remembers the unsuccessful trakzor application, then the news feed just killed it for me. I still go on facebook and all, but I'm not crazy about it anymore...maybe its because I found blogger


3. Blogger
It'll be 9 months since this blogger journey started. I created this blog during my first week of classes- orientation actually. It was supposed to be a place to relieve the tension of school and all. I abandoned my other blog for blogger, now I miss it.

When I joined blogger, I didn't even know that there were other naija bloggers out there, till bighead put a comment on my blog. I went on his page and found blogs like carlang. Pretty soon I found geisha, unNaked, TLK, toochi, catwalq, boorish, and the rest. Every week I found a new and interesting blog and I read all the posts. Infact, I discovered more blogs during my exam weeks than any other time! I was sucked in!! stalking blogs, devouring the words, cried at some blogs, laughed on others. I have developed personalities for my favorite bloggers, had my first blog crush, made quite a few friends. I love the blog personalities/my idea of so many bloggers that I do not want to meet them!

I would never lose my drive to write, infact whenever I have exams and I'm supposed to be busy, that's when I feel like writing all these random stuff that comes to my head (talk about the most inopportune moment!). I'm just not crazy about blogger anymore. It's not imporant tobe first anymore...

4. Clubbing
I think its because of the people I roll with in school. Nowadays, I spend the bulk of my time ~18 - 20 hours(depending on when I have exams) in school. I hang out with the same people almost everytime. My classmates are much older and more mature. Before, clubbing involved a new outfit, some grinding, and no alcohol. The definition of partying has changed significantly for me. For this new crowd, u don't need to "baff" up, u don't have to grind, and alcohol is essential. I don't drink that much though. I don't even think I have the patience to even be searching for a new outfit just cos I want to go clubbing (see #1 above). I guess from now on its house parties, lounges and bars for me!


5. My ex-almost-best friend
We became friends quite unexpectedly. I wanted to get into your mind, and once I got in, it was like I just discovered a secret library of books that JK rowling or Enid Blyton wrote. I wanted to sit down and just devour! what was more? you listened! But something wasn't quite right. It felt like I was pouring more into this friendship than was required/reciprocated. Anyways, we are still friends but I'm so not crazy about you anymore...you can still be my shrink though!

6. Sally
Remember sally right? well, maybe its because she doesn't look like sally anymore, her face is gone, her head is in half, her brain is out... In short, I'm not so crazy about her anymore. oh! and did I mention we sort of figured out how she died? apparently she died from internal bleeding or something that led to it, cos we found a whole lot of caked blood in her when we took her heart out. Alright, I'm done grossing u out!, lol!

PS: Big thanks and hugs to those who left me encouraging messages on my last post. I just felt so drained at that time, you guys don't even know how much I appreciate ur words. The worst is over...I think. phew! Thank God!!!

29 comments:

InCogNaija said...

1st!!!!!!!!!!! now to read...

InCogNaija said...

ok, now i feel bad now that i stamped first. u did not have to say it like that...
yup, i agree that facebook lost it with all those fake-ass applications. too many authors, thats what u get! only facebook veterans (3 years+ experience) know what the true essence of FB is.
bloggers, i am still running up and down bloggers, so my days of shouting 1st are far from over.
clubbing, my taste for that is going too. i think i am growing too old for that scene now.
Sally, i feel sad for her tho, for real. u made her like that and now u wanna leave her? fair weather relationships!!! Poor Sally!!

desperate lady said...

Omg bumight u scared d hell outta me, I had no idea u changed ur url, I thot u left blogville.....phew ma boo didn't leave.
Ehen ur list:
Shopping- good good good, shoppin is a bad habit.
Facebk-just joined n I find it boring.....well maybe cos I'm never der sha.
Clubbing- don't knw wut to say about that 1.
Ummm wut else? K ma mind isn't here, ill be back again to finish this comment.

UnNaked Soul said...

it is just a phase, you'll love everything again... maybe all u need is a break... but it will come back again... plus get rid of unneccessatry application on facebook, and keep ur page clean... as for sally, uhm, she had done her own phase, u'll get a replacement... as for your EABF *cough* *cough*

Hephzibah said...

Yep girl, I agree its justa phase.
puleese! shopping is forever, ur a woman! can never be tired of shopping although now the frequency is reduced. in Uni, i used to do it every day as in in-between lectures, now its sat or evenings....

sally: poor sally wt the way she died, my cadava was a thief that was caught on lagos/ibadan express way and shot by nigerian mopo so he was one hell of a dude, we had cracking him up, i lost it all when i broke his skull, held teh meninges and .....

clubbing: i absolutely agree, i am so out of it, still do it once in a while but am usually a bar/drink, lounge or hosueparty person, just over the jumping up and down....

James Tubman said...

that's good

you are redefining yourself

you are analyzing basic things that you took for granted and you are reassessing your position in the world

shoping isn't good for you

you should get a sewing machine and make your own stuff

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

im into facebook big time.but then i just joined but the applications drive me crazy.wat the hell i still have fun.
i wish i could be over shoppin-who am i kidding.is james 4 real? sew ur own clothes?

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

im into facebook big time.but then i just joined but the applications drive me crazy.wat the hell i still have fun.
i wish i could be over shoppin-who am i kidding.is james 4 real? sew ur own clothes?

Ms. emmotions said...

ah ! now am afraid u wil wake up one day and announce the that u are off blogvile...reason...no loner fun ..lol

me like this page

princesa said...

After a while, the initial excitement
burns out. Its normal.

Glad u are fine now.

wellsbaba said...

shoppin??? well its natural4females2luv it n den get tired only2pick it up again....facebook?its kinda lifeless now(atleast dats d way i see it!)...clubbin?dnt do dat nomore cos i endup drunk n some stranger ends up sleepin in ma bed.....sally?awhhh....its a pity i dnt knw her,wish i do! wud u fill me in on who or wat she is?she seems sweet.....
n yeah,im new in da blog world my url is
wellsbaba.blogspot.com

bumight said...

@Incog: lol, u can have all the first positions :). I'm not leaving sally, I'm just not as excited about her as i used to be.

@DL: how can I leave blogsville just like that? I'm still here for u any time T of the day...just with a different url, lol!

@unnaked: I don't know if its all a phase. we'll see about that comeback...

@naija chic: ur own shopping bug e get as e be, between classes? now I've found my oga.
whenever I hear about cadavas in naija schools, I just thank God all over again that I'm not there :) don't know how I would have survived.

@JT: so u gonna go all Dr. Phil on me now? lol!

@anon gal: I'm still trying to figure out if the "sewing my dress" part was a joke. Enjoy ur time on facebook my dear!

@ms emotions: don't worry, I'm not leaving blogsville anytime soon.

@Prisca: awww thanks!

@wellsbaba: I put a link to the post i wrote on sally. u can read up on her. welcome to blogsville! I'm off to go check out ur page.

Anonymous said...

awwww.. ur such a sweetheart.. always have somethin really nice to say on my blog.. luv urs too... i feel u on the facebook feed thing.. i really wish everyone didnt know every single status update i put on there.. i swear some ppl live others lives on there... blogger im not so mad about anymore.. its almost 2 years now... and bla bla bla.. im slowly gettin bk in2 it tho cos there was a time (or 8)when i contemplated shutting down... but im still here jare... i fel u on the clubbin thig.. i dont club as much as i used to (in canada at least) its almost worn off for me... although i still love to dance... i became a true alky in naija... star beer and things.. lol.. love ur blog.. keep on keepin on mami.. luv u... take care

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Hey girl, I know what its like. I've spent the last few weeks wondering if I shouldn't apply blogging time towards a new hobby. lol!

Ah, ah...I hope that your weren't put down by meeting me on Friday oh! I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again in the future.

take care and keep your head up!

NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Afrobabe said...

Face book is just so so annoying...who wants to know if someone wrote on someone's pic???

then a million and one applications...if u decide to like one application and add it, u discover u cant add it unless u send it to 20 friends...see craze...

Blogging is addictive...and yes I feel u on the wanting to write more while u have exams...

el~correcta said...

all these people wey dey always claim first position for comment form sef...we don start our own!

i agree on the facebook point.you've got so many application going on there than microsoft.i'm really getting confused about what the essence is.

i still love blogging,just dat my connection is so slow,i'd be better off sending you a speedpost.this dampens my blog spirit you know what i mean.

whad else,..i forgot the rest.make i go look am.anyhow sha phase or no phase,change is the only thing that doesn't so no shaking,you're alright.

NaijaScorpio said...

I was wondering what happened to u. I see u just changed ur blog url.

As for all the things u are not crazy about, the only constant thing in life is change. Things changes, pple grow.

ablackjamesbond said...

I know there is a season for everything under the sun and a time for every purpose.

Knowing when to move on and when to hang on is the difficult part.

Zayzee said...

hey 'bumtight', such is the story of everything. interesting today, so damn boring tomorrow. Phases we all go through and realising what i s really important.

bumight said...

@overwhelmed: u are so making me blush...the fb newsfeed thing is just bothering on stalking! makes it easier for the stalkers.

@solomonsydelle: put down ke? no oh! will definitely see u soon!

@afrobabe: I know right? even the few applications I decide to add, I find out I have to invite 20 friends before I can add it! pshew!

@el-correcta: have u tried typing out ur blog in ms word and then copying it onto blogger?

@sting: I feel u on the change thingy. why do u sound like my dad? he used to say that.

@ablackjamesbond: right on point!

@uzezi: so I see I've been rebaptized to "bumtight" shey?

N.I.M.M.O said...

CHANGE.

It happens to the best of us. time to redefine yourself.

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

i agree with n.i.m.m.o, u probably just need a break. oya take a deep breath....refreshing, isn't it? lol!

don't worry, its normal to feel this way...life is in stages.

all the best!

Jennifer A. said...

lolllll @ this post...

I guess its MATURITY that makes us not to be crazy abt certain things anymore...

I'm still crazy abt facebook and blogger for some reason. Recently, two of my primary school classmates added me. People I would never ever have imagined I would ever re-unite with. Geez I couldn't even remember their last names, and they were my play-mates in prim sch! Funny enough both of them remembered my first & last name, and they did that search thingy! That was def FUN!!! He he...

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

I promise I am now a fan ;-)

Allied said...

Maturity is not related to age but the acceptance of responsibilities... These things don’t matter to you anymore because your focus is somewhere else

Anu boy said...

The Lord is good... so you can do without them things... ok now....

Queen of My Castle said...

Loved this post. It was like a structured randomness, if that makes ANY sense whatsoever. LOL. I agree, bars and lounges are more my speed these days. No little boys trying to hit on you, nice apple martinis, cool friends, and good conversation.

Flourishing Florida said...

hmm. so many thing i don't miss anymore.
1. having indomie noodles 4 lunch
2. pinning over my last failed relationships
3. trying to please every damn person
4. etc etc

my dear, dis is life men. na so e dey be. dat ur ex-cum-friend simply wasn't into u. u call him an ex, he probably calls u 'just a friend'.

soupasexy said...

i feel u gal, am over shopping(well thats cos am broke), am over facebook(cos i just discovered bloggin) am still tryna get over him..lol

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com