twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Fun things to do when you don’t have cable/internet

I don't know if I told you guys, but my internet got disconnected days ago. Instead of sit still and cry about it, I used the opportunity *cough* to draw out a list of what you can do if your internet got disconnected.
Alright! fine, I don't feel like putting up a real post, and I might have gotten lazy at some point, but that is not the issue- at least not now.
Anyways, back to this gorgeous list that I have taken great pains to put together in order to save the world:

1. Finish reading a book
2. cook Ewa agoyin (beans)
3. plug up iHome and listen to long forgotten music on ipod
4. Study
5. dance makossa in front of the mirror
6. Tidy up apartment
7. Play Bubble breaker on phone till you’re sick of it
8. Try on clothes and take pictures of them
9. Call up sister to gossip about boys
10. Pay cable/internet bill
11. upload pictures from “8” above and photoshop.


bloggers' choice:
12. Eat chocolate
13.catch up on necking and gossiping skills with long almost forgotten crush
14. play monopoly with siblings/roommates/friends
15. give urself pedicure and makeup

I hope to have my internet up and running by the end of the week, or maybe next week, or maybe never? I kid. I don't really miss my cable that much, but my internet I do miss. However, as you can see from my list, I've been keeping myself busy.

Actually, this is a miracle in disguise. Or how else would I have discovered that I still have Shina peters on my ipod?

If you have anymore, you can leave me a comment and I'll update the list.

41 comments:

Buttercup said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! im 1ssssssssssssssssst! *does a back flip* (i hope i really am 1st tho..)

lolllllll @ ur list! haha! i wud add eatin chocolates(ignore this if u r on a diet) n sleepin...

Flourishing Florida said...

eating chocolate is a definite 4 moi.

Flourishing Florida said...

oh, & go 2 d movies with a long almost-forgotten crush'. catch up on my necking & gossiping skills

Ms.O said...

I would add, play monopoly with siblings or friends or roomates!!.thats what happened when we moved houses!!..gosh it was touture no internet for a week!!...hw r u?!?!

UndaCovaSista said...

Lol @ bubble breaker...that thing can be so addictive! And you've made me feel like eating ewa agoyin for the first time in several years

naijaleta said...

Can you really cook ewa aganyin? *eyes dialating and mouth dribbling with saliva* Let me have your number and we'll arrange a date so that you'll cook ewa aganyin for me. I promise, I swear I wont tell the other bloggers that I came to eat ewa aganyin at yours. Wow! You can cook ewa aganyin!

O'Dee said...

U made ewa agoyin, danced 2 makosa, n tried on clothes. U tried o.

I like that u found sir Shina's music on ur ipod.

Give urself a pedicure, n try on makeup.

Afrobabe said...

lol @ the ones you canceled...looks like my kind of list except got dead drunk...lmao..see? if not for blogging I'd have been an alchoholic...

bumight said...

buttercup
sha dont break your neck while doing ur backflips, lol!, ur suggestion is great except i dont like chocolates :(

Florida
I dont like chocoloates, one of the few women who dont

Ms O
don't have monopoly,dont have roomates, dont even have friends sef. I'm pathetic!

undacovasista
someone else knows the P about bubble breaker!, shey u'll come and eat the rest of my ewa agoyin, I still have some left

Naijaleta
thats the only thing u made out from the post abi? lol! u want to go on a Ewa-Agoyin date? that would be a first, lmao!


Oluwadee
I already did pedicure, might play with make-up tonight!

Afrobabe
I guess I have to write "drunkard" next to ur list of adjectives that describe you, lol! I guess we have to say thank GOd for blogging then!

Anonymous said...

am pele o!!! Ku igbadun!

**hilz...i hope u dnt get connected back!..lol!

Anonymous said...

and u what were u saying about having more than a female brain?

flawsandall said...

ha I feel so much better..I thought i was vain because I do:
no 5(infact I go futher to record myself)
8,11 and 15

Anonymous said...

you know how to make ewa agoyin??
I mean the kind the women carried on their heads in lagos with the burnt stew??? The one my mom told us was made with bugs but we still ate anyway??
Oya o, email me the recipe asap
atestnny@gmail.com.

luvs!!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I think your list pretty much covers the essentials! My favorite would be number 13! Chilling with a glass of wine and a good book or your ipod is good too!

ynot! said...

when u dnt hv cable/internet...? na wa o. add electricity, water and the fact ur crib is a face-me-i-face-u setup. then, welcome to an average Lagosian's life. Word!

P.S, ewa-agoyin/ijebu garri on a hot, sunny day is taken 4 granted by the folks in d category i just illustrated.

bArOquE said...

you have Shina Peters on your iPod? how cool is that? btw, dancing makossa in front of the mirror, would that be with or w/o clothes?

Jennifer A. said...

"write a short fiction story with traditional pen and paper." Lol.

bumight said...

charizard
eyi aye! i bind and cast every negative force against my internet by fire!!!
we should ask you what other female things you have!, lol!

zephi
you're not vain love, its a form of excercise,lol! seriously!!...i dont know about recording it sha.

abbie
lol, she definitely invented the story about it being made with bugs! my mom never let us eat it in nigeria, but I do now! there really isnt much to it, I'll email u though

NDQ
#13? can I know the person in question? I dont know about the glass of wine sha...might be a good time to pop boyfie's moet in my fridge!

baroque
having sina peters is cool? I guess I'm cool now!!! umn, dancing makosa is with clothes...though i can see how u'll be concerned, lol!

jaycee
good idea! guess i might.

Parakeet said...

My internet didnt work for a 2 days and it was a very trying time for me. I actually think the world is in trouble cos these innovators have made us so dependent on technology. If I forget my phone at home, I tend to be all over the place during the day....so bad!

guerreiranigeriana said...

...lol @ baroque's question pertaining to makossa...haha...

...great list!!...i'll take number 13 please...with long lost and new crushes please...

mizchif said...

Hmmmm, just last week, i paid my long outstanding internet bill and it made quite a dent in me pocket. I'm even thinking of disconnecting it cuz i have been using my neighbours wireless for the past 3 mnths, even tho there r parts of d hse it doesnt reach, but hey, if i dont have to pay,....

I can identify with 1,4,5 & 8! I don't know how to photoshop tho, that wld be really tite. For now, i only just discovered d self timer on my camera, so i'm practising still. As for the pedicure, that one is a must, plus manicure sef, i even jus did my nails. lol!

Vera Ezimora said...

I like how you crossed out the paying bill. LOL. That's funny/

Zayzee said...

hmmm. not bad. seriously, i need a recipe for agoyin beans and i mean it. someone please. bumight how many times have u cooked it since ur internet went on vacation?

The Activist said...

Hmm me, I go use the opportunity wash my pile up clothes and arrange the house. They watch a movie, finish a book (but not necessarily in that order). It's just that if I dont wash 1st, then that is the end of it

Anonymous said...

I have a challenge for you....am kinds trying to figure out the most interesting blogs kinda like "naijafineboy" "tin-tin" "datingoops""Ex-school nerd"and of course yours.. with very good sense of humor....cos now a days peoples blogs are very dry...so may be you can do a post on new, fun, exciting, gist-plenty, witty,interesting blogs(with people that update regularly)....am gonna post this on other peoples blog so maybe it can start as a tag thingy....so we can promote good blogs since everyone has decided to leave blogsville....
Hope this makes sense sha

Femi Adeyemi said...

see sex discrimination: these are all girly things. whats a guy to do when his cybercafe piggy bank runs out of money and cannot afford yeye dial-up starcomms internet? lol.

guess everyone should read a book, for me it seems like i've been reading one since i was old enough to start school.

for you hope they are medical books oh, and you really should have no time for boys, u know its not easy being a docki oh. lmao.

tk cre

Allied said...

Watch DVDs.. prefarbly Niaja movees.. you will laugh sote...

People watching is what i suggest

BlogVille Idol said...

wow!!we are down to d final 5 on blogville idol..pls go over to our page and listen to d contestants sing pls vote and dont forget to leave us a kind comment

bumight said...

Parakeet
I dont even want to think about what would happen if I forgot my phone somewhere: absolute torture!

gnaija
new crushes? only u! lol!

mizchif
at last someone understands why I dont want to pay my internet bill! unlike you, my neighbors are not nice enough to leave their wireless accessible

vera
or u want to volunteer to pay it so I can uncross it?

uzezi
I cooked it only once since my internet went out, and i finished it yesterday! the recipe is all over the internet.

Standtall
wash clothes? nah! I dont think so.

anonymous
that's cool, except I dont know who this is.

the genius within
good point there. you can contribute some manly things to the list too!
i've been reading books, and so I'm not miserable yet...and they are NOT medical books, you want to kill me fa? I'll read medical books when school starts!

I shouldn't have time for boys? says who?

allied
I used to watch naija movies...online! and I reserve my people watching for when I'm tired of reading!, lol!

blogville idol
I'm on my way to vote now!

Tininu said...

so your back...i hold resentment against you sha! xx

kay-shawn said...

It's number 5 on the list that I'm really interested in. That would be fun to watch.

Beeing such a studious person I'm sure you would have heard a lot of funny, lame and ridiculous chat-up lines. Do you wanna spill some of that on my blog? Much appreciated.

(Please hurry before blogger says there's no more space for comments on my blog. That place is crawling with cheesy chat-up lines now.

kay-shawn said...

It's number 5 on the list that I'm really interested in. That would be fun to watch.

Beeing such a studious person I'm sure you would have heard a lot of funny, lame and ridiculous chat-up lines. Do you wanna spill some of that on my blog? Much appreciated.

(Please hurry before blogger says there's no more space for comments on my blog. That place is crawling with cheesy chat-up lines now.

Lady said...

BUHAHAHHAHAHHAHA....well here's one i do....uauslly 5 hours swiftly pass by...
STAND IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR AND PRACTICE YOUR FACIAL EXPRESSIONS....i usually practice....SUBTLE anger...DISGUST..subtle flirting.....subtle sexy eyes...pouting....stubborn yet cute expression.......*come hither* with a hint of sexy eye....twinkling of the eye ......*shut up and kiss me right now* expression.....

BY THE TIME I GET THRU MY LIST..ITS BED TIME!
P.S: YES REALLY I DO THIS.....hope i was of some help..xoxo

Aphrodite said...

You see dear, there is always something good to find in a seemingly hopeless situation,lol...

loved ur number 9-Call up sister to gossip about boys but hey what about the phone bills, we dont want that cut off do we?

How are u babes?

bArOquE said...

ya know babe, i'm the concerned type...i need know every...LOL...i already had you in my mind w/o baffs...OMG...Awilo miss something oh

Buttercup said...

my neck is quite intact sweetie, thanx for carin..lol..

u dont eat chocs???

*faints*

bumight said...

tintin
this resentment biz is not the way forward honey, oya I'm sorry!

kay-shawn
sorry,#5 is closed to the public. I'm going to urs in a min!

lady koko
o...k! u're wierder than i thought!

aphrodite
that's exactly why i dont do #9. I'm good, how are u?

baroque
your concern is greatly appreciated! lol!

buttercup
*pours water on buttercup*

are u awake now? I eat chocolates, but I'm not crazy about them. there are other routes to my heart.

Buttercup said...

*comes back to life*

ohh okayyyyyy!

Femi B said...

Paint, Crafts...i don't have cable at home so I've picked up this hobby of painting tree grains. its fun and takes up a long time.

Tairebabs said...

I better write down this list o. My home internet was disconnected this morning and am not planning to go anywhere this weekend not even to pay those bills. Will miss blogging sha but will sort things out by monday.

I dance makossa (my version of it sha) and all kinds of mad dancesteps in front of the mirror like all the time!

Tairebabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com