twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

In lieu of certain mitigating factors

Update on old business:
my internet isn't back on. I do all my blogging/responding to comments at work. In my free time, I've been reading.

since it is apparent that my inspiration to blog is directly proportional to how many exams i have, an inversely proportional to my free time, while the integral of my.... anyways, I have decided to take the easy way out and do an update on some of the posts I made in the past.

To make this easy for those who haven't read the posts, I have taken great pains to put the link to the original post...you can thank me later.

Help Anyone?
{the troubles of gym membership}

The gym people still call my phone from time to time to tell me about some new program they are having. last time they called, it was something like $24 per month. I'm waiting till the price comes down to $10 per month, maybe I'll finally be able to afford gym membership. In the interim, I started working out at boyfie's job. Its not constant yet. Maybe I'll just have to make do with sit ups in my house.

Almost doesn't count
{countdown of my almost boyfriends}

Everyone wanted to know what the deal was with the Actuals. I'm actually writing a post about the 'Semis". When I'm done with the lazy flu, I'll put it up. I guess that should buy me more time, right?

F is for Fuck up
{woes of an F-1 student}

I got another research job that promised to pay just as much as the one I lost, but on the day when I was supposed to start work, my mentor said the grant didn't come thru, and as such there was no money to pay like was promised earlier!

Anyways, as soon as I heard that, I started plotting how to get out. I finally got another job at a nearby hospital after sending random emails to countless strangers. Actually, I got double hired at the same job!

One of my professors called me to go get the job, and after I was hired, some other doctor i emailed sent me to the same person to hire me. she had to tell him that she already hired the person.

anyways, it goes to show that all things do work together for good for those that are called according to His purpose.


maybe i'm the med student on naapali's team?


It just Hit me
{my love for TI}

Since this post, my love for TI has eased up a bit, right now I'm in love with Wande coal. yes, I said it: I'm in love with Wande Coal!

seriously, since TI is definitely not The One, maybe this might be the right time for Ludacris to step up his game.


Meeting Sally
hmnn, sally. Sally was a good one. Ever since my last exam, I haven't seen Sally. bad of me, I know. She's probably been disposed of already...and I didn't even get to thank her or pay my last respects. oh, well...

The last I saw of her, we had taken her head off cos we needed to look inside it. her legs were in the way, so we cut those off. most of her torso was gone too cos we didn't have any use for it. ok, I'll stop grossing you out now. *insert brief chuckle*

Sally didn't have a gall bladder, and she didn't have a uterus. I guess that was where I lost interest in her. Actually, I lie. I lost interest when we were studying the thorax region. Anyways, Sally's ancient history now. It was fun while it lasted.

Falling in love on Blogspot
funny thing is, it took me a while to remember who this post was about. To be honest, I'm not sure I remember. oh well, here's to his memory.


I have decided, I need a sugar daddy!
I'm still looking into this one. any takers?


At Last My Love has come along
Well, i guess our love wasn't meant to be. The love was too expensive and it wasnt working out in general sha. Anyhoo, I'm switching to Vaseline- and I dont mean the lotion. I mean Petroleum Jelly. Yes, parfum jelly! at least that is the plan for now. If that doesn't work, Adin agbon is my back up plan cos the winter is always harsh on my skin.

that's it folks! is there anything else that needs an update? lemme know.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job front dear! If you were closer, I'd take you out to celebrate.

Also, I too have a blog crush and she's a girl. I can now hazard a guess as to what all that fuss of having a penis is all about.

TTYL

flawsandall said...

see grammar "in leu of mitigating factors."..

ludacris step up his game?
are u serious..dude is sexy...
and TI as well..
i need to keep on being your friend mehn..in like 10years you'll be rolling in 200k+

Anonymous said...

Third!

*cough *cough...somebody is pimping o!!

Thirty + said...

Which kain title be dis - lol?

You nearly threw me off my sit on the Sally bit untill I realise it must be Cadava pstttew I keep forgetting you be dokita.

Mehn I am so connected in this blogville Dr ONB, Dr Bumight, Dr Naaps

Nine said...

Dear,dear Sally.I have it on good authority that in Naija the cadavers are male:)

PS What's with the thug love B?

Afrobabe said...

kai, the sally part was kind of creepy...

and whats all that calculating formula u wanted to add to thr post???

bArOquE said...

@abbie, please explain this crush business

in lieu of mitigating factors (WAHALA DEY OH)...eh, bumight oh, how can you forget me like that, anyway thanks for the dedication...

PS: i've got Wande number, want it?

dat 1 okrika babe said...

I like this updating on old business, I think i might borrow the idea from you and try it out one of these days.
Me sef I'm waiting for when gym membership go reach $10, the 19.99 that 24hour offered me last year was too high.

As for Sally no comment!

Luda fine small o, I'm definitely feeling his grown&sexy look, i didn't care much for him when he was rocking the Afro and braids.

Congrats on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Parfum jelly...babe u dey craze! u get sufferhead skin..ur mates dey use olay and loreal na parfum jelly be ur poison...

bumight said...

abbie
thanks! lets go celebratee!...a female blog crush? do tell!

Zephi
I've always wanted to drop big grammer jare, dont mind me. well, I need to keep being your friend now cos before i start rolling the 200k+, i need engineers around me that'll be rolling dough NOW!, lol

chari
pimping? I'm trying to be like you!

30+
lol, only you! na so your connection reach!

nine
so all naija cadavers are male? that's news. thug love is the in love!

Afrobabe
that part was specially for you!

baroque
I'm waiting for the explanation too! how did I forget you?
yes! yes!! yes!!! I want it!

dat one okrika girl
so I'm not the only one waiting! great. I also started feeling Luda when he started his new GQ look, sexy!

chari
well... Olay and loreal are crap for dry skin. I no be oyinbo, and winter is a b*** with the dry air. u want to send me the parfum jelly?

Buttercup said...

talk about thorough updatin!

congrats on ur job! (or is it on ur 2 jobs?)

i hope u find another luv o...

dnt u hav family or friends comin over(or rather, goin over, since i aint there! i hav to be up to standard in english wen im here cos u r an english warrior) that cud get the vaseline for u?(its the naija type u r referrin to, right?)

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I guess your not having internet is making you productive! Good thing:-)
I wouldnt waste $$ on a gym membership if I were you. Do u have one at your school? most people I know who sign up for gyms never go. Run! Theres always concrete..LOL
Congratulations on the job!!! God really does work out all things for our good! Big ups oh. We must wash am
Okay who is this person you fell in love with on blogville. Please go and remember na!
Keep keeping us updated! Have a fantabulous week ahead.

guerreiranigeriana said...

...ehn...so you now love wande coal?!...no problem here...just go ahead and hand over that crown...not that one...yes, that one...hkc...thank you...*runs off to notify d'banj of the new changes*...

bumight said...

buttercup
I've found another love, its just a long distance relationship. there's nobody here to bring it (the vaseline)

NDQ
i think i wrote about the gym thing in the post, I really am not sure about my "blog-love" anymore, and if i remember, I wont tell, so that u wont steal him! LOL!
have a nice one!

Gnaija
yes o, I LOVE WANDE COAL!.

since wande coal is part of Mo hits, I'm still keeping the HKIC crown!...and there's nothing D'banj can do about it!

O'Dee said...

I use petroleum jelly for my skin during winter.

Howz things?

Anonymous said...

yes, i am looking for a sugar daddy too so when you find one, pls ask him if he has a brother....thanks luv

ibiluv said...

wande's voice i like........

everything else.....i no like.....

congratulobia on the job.......

Flourishing Florida said...

na "Almost doesn't count" doesn't count i wan hear d part 2!

naijaleta said...

I hope your Internet remains down!
Your posts have become more interesting since your Internet's been down or dont you agree.

Eeeewww at Sally, you almost made me puke.

What exactly do you do with vaseline? I have some very interesting uses for vaseline you know.

Naija Idol said...

Chai! where hve i been???

uNWrItten* said...

congrats on on the job..i need to get one of those sef...

BlogVille Idol said...

We are down to d final two on blogville idol!!pls head over to d page and listen to ABBie & Dammy battle it out!!!pls listen to them and vote..we also have some guest bloggers singing!!u wanna know who they are??why dont u run to d idol page now!!and pls dont forget to leave us a kind comment!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Been thinking bout doing the same thing on my blog too...I mean updating my previous posts. But sheesh, I'm too lazy.

Ms. Catwalq said...

Wande Cole always looks oily....

men keep it up sha..

Unknown said...

Maybe you are the med student on Naapali's team? Now that would make a hell of a story to tell :)

bumight said...

oluwadee
petroleum jelly seems like the last option for me for winter.

naija sutra
lol, I'll be sure to give you the heads up when i find one!

Ibiluv
thanks. i dont want any competition with wande o! as long as its only his voice you like, nothing spoil

Honeywell
persistence and determination, my dear! plus u can get jobs like internships if u are F-1

Florida
patience, my dear!

naijaleta
see bad belle! my internet is coming back up soonest! i dont agree with u!
i wish u had puked :) well, better luck next time!

naija idol
i was about to ask the same question!

unwritten
good luck with the job hunt!

blogville idol
thanks for the heads up!

vera
u should do one too! kick laziness in the butt!

wande coal
oily? well, when we hook up, i'll take care of the oily skin prob for him!

naija lines
Lol! wouldn't it?

badderchic said...

congratulations o!

like you said, all things work for the good!

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

congrats on ur job. and wande coal??? really?

try dove instead of perfum jelly. it works.

and thx for the update on updating.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wait, you are working and making the big bucks and YOU didn't take me out for a drink? what????

lol!

Congrats! And, I know someone that wants to be a sugar daddy oh, so if you are really still looking...

=)

wellsbaba said...

u mst b one of God's favortie,u got "double" hired...lol
thanku ooo,I dnt knw wat is wrong wit TI ooo,where is he by d way?

princesa said...

I should take a cue from u dear cos i definitely have lots of unfinished posts. Alas, no time!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com