So I was excited when Gbemi sent me a message asking me if I was going. I decided to play it cool and I just said I might go if i find a parunz buddy. She asked for my help with covering the event, in exchange for an all access backstage pass!
As if the devil knew I was to meet my future baby daddy today, my ride didn't make it on time, and i was already 2 hours late. out of frustration, I was going to take a cab before my friend offered to drop me off. Enough of this pipu talk Jare, let's talk about Awon stars.
I missed Brymo's performance (don't worry boo, you'll get to sing "good morning" to me at a later date specially). I came in while Jesse Jags was performing.
One thing I gotta say is, those choc boys know how to get a crowd hype! As in, awon DMV bigs boys and gehs actually stood up to dance! Im impressed. I confess i didnt know most of Jesse Jags and Icepeince's songs, but i just dey chop mouth join (ahmean, if Davido can do it, why cant bumight abi?) anywhoos, i Have made a mental note to go listen to Ice prince's songs again!
I missed most of Jmartin's performance, cos I was busy famzing with the stars. I got to meet Brymo and Jesse Jagz, imagine my ecstasy when Brymo asked me to sit on his laps and take a picture with him! I died and went to groupie heaven!!! Yes, I was very excited. I think I'm a real groupie now!
Jesse Jags is really sweet....and Jags is the greatest, but he was tired from all that performing. My future baby daddy was shy, but never mind, I was just overexcited enough for two!
then I got to meet Tubaba! He is so cool as in if he were any cooler, he'd be frozen! He introduced himself, and still remembered my name 5 mins after (I know, I know, allow a new groupie) .but really, Tuface is reaaaaallly cool! I guess I'm going to have to retire all my Tuface jokes now, abi?
This was my first Tuface concert, and I was glad I had the experience. He performed with a live band, and he was awesome!
that was one of the best NAIja concerts I've been to, and im not even washing them. right venue, the sound and video was on point, beautiful crowd, It was on a Monday night, with little publicity yet it was awesome!
I got to meet @olukanye, saw @verastic shaking her lil bumbum to Ice Prince, THE Igwe!.
I don't even know how to thank @GbemiOO enough, seeing as I didn't do any work! Lol. O well, I called into the beat FM sha, Yes, I was the crazy chick that called Brymo her future baby daddy!
Awesome stuff, I'm glad I went, now I can live happily ever after.....till the Wizkid's concert!
PS: the USA Tour continues, Look out for them in...
Aug 7 - NewYork: Irving Plaza: 17 Irving Place, New York, NY 10003
Aug 9 - Ontario Canada: Opera House: 735 Queen St. E., Toronto, ON M4M 1H1
Aug 10 - Chicago, IL: House of Blues: 329 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60610
Aug 12 - Los Angeles, CA: House of Blues: 8430 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069
TBA - Houston, TX: House of Blues: 1204 Caroline Street, Houston, TX, 77002
This tour is a music project that brings the best African music vocalist.artists/composers together on a series and combinging the diverse African cultures on all music platforms globally. And as a great poet said, "... And that is the African bootey-ey-ey"

6 comments:
Wait Wait Wait!!! Houston... TBA kwa? I thought they had that on the 1st of August!
Ahhhh I hope you're right o... cos I wanted to stone all my news sources yesterday when I found out that they supposedly came to Houston on the first.
Honestly, me like you don't know any of IcePrince or Jesse Jagz songs... I know Oleku though (but folks tell me the song is old and I should learn a new one... o well)
Lmao... bumight you funny sha... as in he was sooo cool, if he was any cooler he'd be frozen
Yup! You have a new fan dear
They said they're going to reschedule the concert....well, that's what Jagz said sha. Lemme ask again
Vera's bumbum is lil ke? Seen her once, babe is endowed
Size is relative o! But from where I was standing it looked lil to me sha! *shhh* if u tell her her bumbum is big, she won't let us hear word again!
Serious famzing o. You actually sat on Brymo's laps gens gens. Would have loved to meet Tubaba himself. So does he really have that good a memory or was he checking you out as baby mama number 4 abi 5 *taps forehead*
& could you just ask JJ for his brova's number? #okdenbye
Ah! My God has saved me again. Somehow, He led me here to read what you wrote about me. Me, lil bum bum? Bumight, warn yourself ooo!
And who is Pretty Madam? I love her!!! Thank you, Pretty Madam :-)
Bumight, you and I will see on Twirra!
Post a Comment