twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

see me see trouble o!

Amebo!, isn't that why you stopped to read the blog. Don't be shy, we all do it. Ameboism is a fundamental right of anybody, so don't be shy if u r excercising your right. oya, quickly go and microwave that popcorn, or is it guguru? I'll wait, don't forget to grab a can of soda while you're at it..... are you back? Alright, let's carry go.

So, this past saturday I went on a date. I call it a date cos I got dressed up and everything, and I was pretty much bored studying for 10 straight hours, I was glad for the break.

so my date picks me up, and we drive to downtown DC to this fab restaurant called xxxxx (on revision, i have removed the name of the restaurant, this age that any Tom, Dick and Mariah has internet, I don't want to be sued o!), or something like that. I noticed when we got there was that we were the only black people in the restaurant. The first thing that crossed my mind was, ope o! thank God I dressed up, and didn't come in some jeans and casual sturves, cos these oyinbos (for PC sake), you might not know but most of them are watching you, waiting for you to fuck up.

Neways, the waitress comes with the menu, the menu had first course, second course blah blah

sexy date: *scans the menu* do we have to order a first course

waitress: No,

SD: alright, we'll have the .... (and then he orders, i can't even remember the name of the food)
waitress: what would you be having ma'am

(emi naa the ma'am abi?)

me: I'll have the same thing

waitress: alright, that would be about 20 minutes

SD: 20 minutes?

waitress: yes

SD: (scans the menu again)

waitress: yes, we prepare our meals from the scratch and that takes about 20 minutes. but we have an open bar (points in the direction of the bar) where the menu is less formal and you can order stuff like pasta, burgers. The seating is less formal also (points to the row benches behind her)

SD: how long will that take?

waitress: it takes 20 minutes also, everything comes from the same kitchen and its prepared fresh also

Me: (trying not to eye her), thanks, but we'll stay here!

can you imagine! pekele pekele arugbo je gbese tani o san? I think it's because we were the only black people in the restaurant. SD doesn't think so, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I was so pissed off. I told SD I felt like causing a scene, but he said I don't have it in me. On my way out though, I did see one other black guy but he was sitting in that bar area. The waitress probably thought we missed our road, she was profiling us, and I wasn't having that.

When we were done, SD wanted to tip her. In my opinion she didn't deserve any tip cos she insulted us! as fate would have it *insert evil grin* he didn't have change for a $20, so he tipped her $3 or something.

As we were walking out of the restaurant, I saw one other black man in the restaurant, and guess where he was.... yup! u're right, AT THE BAR

3 comments:

Carlang said...

i suppose being the first on the scene earns me points...
lol.
hello.
You stopped by my page a while ago?
ugly page...
written by some guy named carlang?
Ring a bell?
No...
sigh..
i always have that prbom with girls.
Doctor huh?
Half my friends are doctors.
Half my friends are cute.

The maths rocks!

bumight said...

lol, of course i remember, and I'm tallying up the points now, these points go towards your "cool" points.

bighead said...

Reading for 10 hrs? Take am easy o!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com