twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

spinoff of What's in a Name III?

so it seems like the overwhelming majority of bloggers like the name bumight better. I must confess I like it better myself, but bumtight was beginning to grow on me.

Among some of the comments I got from my last post, there were two very striking ones:




and these comments got me thinking: what exactly is my blog personality like. what do my readers think of when they read my blog? What kind of a person do you think I am? Actually what blog personality are they (naijalines and sting) talking about?


so pipo, help a sister out:

what exactly is my blog personality?

44 comments:

Enigma said...

Remain bumight...it interpretes as a 'mighty bum'..(my interpretation)

And i think im first!

Naapali said...

Effiko in med school
Breaks hearts of effiko boys
but doesn't care because she is also beating them in class

Perhaps a naughty streak, but buried deep.

Mz. Dee said...

3rd!

Mz. Dee said...

bumight is jstt soo unique!

it makez me think of sum crazy, powerful woman in a white robe..lol

bumight jst soundz YOUish.. if u like no understand.. i want bumight!!

musco said...

u need attention 4rm sm1 or something & u re not getting it which makes blogville a good place to let it all out via d name change.

can this be taken as ur blog personality?

Unknown said...

@ BUMIGHT
Good to know you're thinking of changing back to Bumight.

Your blog persona (considering I'm becoming quite an expert on the subject, lol):

- Slighty quirky in a feminine not-in-your-face sort of way though can be a fully fledged boffin if she chooses to be.

- Clever, quick-witted, kicks ass if necessary with her slimline feminine curves: BUM-MIGHT, MIGHT-BUM.


@ MUSCO
You're so 'cheeky' these days bro. What's up? ;-)

NaijaScorpio said...

I initially was going to say, it doesn't suit ur personality but then i thot to myself that i don't really know ur personality in real life cos it might not be the same.

I guess the name bumtight invokes images of a tight ass and it would suit u if u came across on ur blog as someone who was risque or into talking about sex and stuff like that. You come across as a mature, intelligent person and the name bumtight is not all that mature if u ask me, so it doesn't suit u.

Bottom line, u come across as someone who's serious and has a good head on her shoulders. Not saying bumtight wouldn't but to me a bumtight would be a more shallow sort of person.

Joy Akut said...

i'm not so good this.i love what sting says though. i i think i'll go with her description.

Sam Oracle said...

Your blog personality is what you want it to be, although i think sometimes you have to consider what people think about you.

So, you make it happen.

Shubby Doo said...

U are more than your bum...i like your writing...witty responses...your reviews...you seem like a fun loving human being with the usual perplexities re: issues with real name...then wondering who would be the best artiste 2 sing a song of your name...you r intellegent...med school na big deal...you care enough 2 remove the private 4rm your blog...i think i read that u have 5 blogs...one is like a letter 2 jesus about your anxieties and successes...like i said u are more than your bum...even if it is tight...so i like the mighty 'bumight'!

Anonymous said...

i think people - me included - prefer bumight because they'r more familiar with it.
if you prefer it and you give it time the readers'll get used to it :)

Rita said...

I'm also interested in knowing what a blogging personality is...not sure if it is what one gets from this quiz:
http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourbloggingpersonalityquiz/

When I saw your profile pix and the name Bumight, I felt "this person must be a might (in strength), powerful and no-nonsense person". Reading your posts and your comments made me feel you are logical, intelligent and tactful.

Personally, my expectation of something from "Bumtight" would be posts that are not serious, maybe a little bit comical...

Parakeet said...

Upwardly mobile...bumight that is. But Bumtight? Nah...sounds like someone who needs a spank. Lol!

mizchif said...

My darling Bumight!

Ok, ur blog personality to me, is kinda like Dr Naps.
Super smart med student, not much of the going out type.
Sensible, rational, witty, great sense of humour, with good taste to boot!

That is the picture i see when i think Bumight.
Thanks for reverting to the better template!

Anonymous said...

bumight is cool. it's like mighty you. bumtight is so contrived.

Zayzee said...

serious minded ass that knows which bed to sit on. translation. serious minded chick who knows where she is going and will do away with whoever tries to stop her, sweetheart or bitterheart.

Jennifer A. said...

"Intelligent doctor-to-be who has her own theories about life and how to live in it..."

He he...

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Thinks that immediately come to mind:
Nerd (with the sudoko on the blog to prove it:-). Effiko. Doctor-in-training. Intelligent. Focused. Honest. Witty.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

*ThinGs*

Nine said...

In a word?Snarky.

And bumight suits you better than bumtight.Leaves room for multiple interpretations.But that's just my opinion.

Beyond said...

i love bumight better.... your personality kinda depict you as someone who is brilliant, intelligent, unique, fun loving and knows what they want outta life....basically, someone cool to be around.

Besides, bumight have some sexines to it.

Flourishing Florida said...

blog personality? hmmm. would i disappoint u if i said i don't know wot ur blog personality is? d way i see u, u r diverse. u can write something so damn serious one day & hilarious d next. dat makes u unpredictable 2 me. daz y i liked bumtight. cos it intrigues more dan bumight, which sounds sorta bland 2 me.

Edirin said...

bumight na, where did bumtight come from

bumtight, makes me immediately think, sex, breasts,all that

but bumight, sophisticated, smart, funny, u kno

and thats what i think ure personality is like

kay-shawn said...

Bumight for ever!!!!!

Please dont change to Bumtight or worreva.

BTW, does Dr. Naps wear glasses?
Maybe he wasn't wearing his frames when he thought he sat a 'T' in the middle of your name.

Anyway, hope you had luck with your freakum dress cos the chat-up line competition has started. You know the collection will not be complete without your entry.

*okay, bad attempt at flattery*

Anyway, your contribution will be greatly appreciated.
http://www.datingoops.com

bumight said...

@Enigma: yes you're first! and ur point is taken.

@naapali: dangerously close. the only thing is the naughty streak might not be buried as deep as you think!

@Mz Dee: crazy powerful woman in white robe? ok, that is deep, never thought about it that way. lol!

@musco: i dont think so! I love love attention and I'm getting it. I decided to change it when i discovered people thought it was bumtight,and some people started calling me by that on blogsville.

@naijalines: ok, so u might actually be an expert on the subject, cos that sounds a lot like me!

@sting: serious? mature? good head on her shoulders? i hate those things! lol,

@fantasy queen: u dont know ur own cousin? I'm disappointed!

@oracle: yeah you're right, I just wanted to know what people think when they read my blog.

@shubby doo: awwww, now u're making me feel mushy, thanks!

@geisha song: I'm used to bumight myself.

@rita: i guess you can look at it that way.

@parakeet: maybe i need a spank! can i get a (male) blogger to spank me please, lol!

@mizchif: I remind you of Dr. Naps? hell naw! I'm an ayounge o! and I do go out and have fun too!

@owumi: contrived? only u!

@uzezi: serious minded? hmmm... I need to thikn about that. i kinda agree with ur description, but i dont know about the serious minded bit

@jaycee: i kinda like your take on it,

@NDQ: nerd? yeah, sexy nerd! lol!

@nine: snarky? of course you'll think bumight suits me better!

@beyond: u just brought a smile to my face. you really think that's my blog personality? wow!

@Florida: diverse can be good, and you're one of the very few who like bumtight.

@freshandfab: how did you go from bumtight to sex and breast? lol! ok, i like sophisticated, smart and funny.

@kay-shawn: lol @ dr. naps and his glasses. and yea, you really need to work on ur flattery skills. I'm heading over to ur blog in a few.

FineBoy Agbero said...

Bumight - an witty smart chic who's a little crazy in d head (knows dis and tries to hide it, LOL!), loves to have fun, doesn't want to be taken too seriously all d tym, and yes, concerned about attention! (and yes, has a secret life somewhr...)

The Activist said...

I think this name aint bad or choose Bunmighty.

miz-cynic said...

im too used to bumight and bumtight sounds a lil bit.....shallow i agree...

Afronuts said...

@ Standtall...Haaa!! Do u know what 'Bunmighty' means? = 'Ass thats heavy!' LOL!! I think not!

'Bumight' is stronger. It shows the power coming from within. Bunmi and the essence of the inner might that dwells within her.

H2O-works said...

I actually had to read ur profile description again just so I cud evaluate the names based on wat u say about urself...and it seems that Bumight fits better b'cos like ur about me section it doesn't say too much but it says enuff for pple to attach a personality to u. It kinda has an enigma to it, it cud be referring to ur bum or could be a nickname for a name like Bunmi. Bumtight on the other hand reads like a direct reference to ur bum, and if I remember correctly, u said the name has nothing to do with ur bum...Anyways I don dey write too much ontop comment so I shall stop now...my 2 kobo

ciao
....H2O

Smaragd said...

actually, Bumight makes me think i know ur real name, dunno how true that is.

i think u are the lady-on-the-outside, smartass-in-class, vixen-in-bed sort.and that's not just ur blog personality.

something like me

i voted "i dont care" actually, as long as u keep blogging, it doesnt matter what ur name is i guess.

p.s.
how do i do this poll thingy? been meaning to put one up forever.

The Activist said...

Ah I thot it means I am B and I am mighty

badderchic said...

sweets, pleeease stick to the original Bumight.

bumight said...

@fineboy: are u sure I don't know you?

@standtall: bunmighty is just way off! lol!,

@miz-cynic: i definitely dont want to sound shallow!

@afronuts: i really really like your interpretation!

@h2o-works: profiles are like the hardest thing to write, and i find that it really doesnt describe people except for pple like yarmama.
i like enigma, mystery!

@esmeralda:vixen in bed? where did that come from? I'll send u an email on the poll thingy.

@standtall: B and mighty, cool!

@badderchic: will think about doing so :)

Afrobabe said...

aha..just when I said u were accepting ur new name I come and meet this post...hmmm..

me likes Bumtight...not because I feel u are all bum...but because i need to know u have a bum to match the brain...

Buttercup said...

i think u r this strong, no-nonsense, achiever type of person who wont even consider settlin for anythin less than her expectations..

bArOquE said...

'm not sure what Bumight means, but i'm sure it means something much more grand than something referring to a tight bum...so whats your blog personality?

O'Dee said...

A medical student.

Anytime i think of Bumight thats what comes to mind. U know Rabbi is a Dr.

bumight said...

@Afrobabe: of course you like bumtight, lol! i dont think i like it anymore. i already changed it. you didnt even answer the question!

@buttercup: i like that description, but do i really come across like that on my blog? wow!

@baroque: errr..... is that not why i asked the question? lol! oya, think about it, I'm waiting for ur reply sharpish!

@oluwadee: simply put. i figured rabbi is a doctor. shey you're taking care of him sha?

Red Sapphire said...

from the first post i read, iwould guess very choosy,yet in a very good way..means u know what u want..intelligent...and down to earth..still getting acquainted, really like the blog...blog ups to u...

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hello Tightbum ;)

poeticallytinted said...

WE are back to bumight, Yay!

badderchic said...

sisterrrrr when do you update?

SMSL said...

It doesn't matter wat u choose to call urself, i just basically want to keep reading the same stuff u write abt. I see u r bk to bumight tho!!

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com