twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hooking up with your Summer Naija dude

seeing as the recession hit blogville, NOTE: this post is totally tongue-in-cheek. It is not to be taken seriously. Also, a huge sense of humor is required for your reading pleasure.

So everywhere I turn to, everyone is lamenting on the total lack of marriageworthy/dateable/responsible naija men. Like seriously, the Naija man is becoming just like the Proverbs 31 woman (A virtuous woman, who can find?) .They are starting to seem like an endangered species of some sort. So, I did the research, and voila! fairy godmother to the rescue!

1. Be in the Zone
I guess this has to come first, because every other thing would not work right if #1 is not a given. By the "zone" i mean you have to be in one of the following states: Maryland, Baltimore (i realize baltimore is not a state, but for this purposes, they count as one!), Texas (preferrably Dallas or Houston), California, New york. Being in any other state reduces your chances to like 30% - cos everyone knows that these states are the popping states for naija dudes during the summer. I cant speak for jand/canadian/ireland/every-other-place people.

Of course it doesnt matter that Maryland guys are keeping in line with the whole stop-global-warming theme i.e they are getting recycled. However, it doesnt marra- a man is a man shey? I wont even speak about the razz Texas dudes. If you're in Cali, I hear your chances are great if you go to naming ceremonies - I heard ni o! but be prepared to spend money on the aso-ebi for the baby showers and naming ceremony!

2. Go shopping for food

nah! the point is not to actually eat the food! - and before you head out to your walmart/safeway/giant/ - hold on! i meant go shopping at the African store. Trust me on this.

There is hardly anytime I go to the african store that i dont get hollered at, not minding that the pick up lines are usually centered around
"what are u doing here?",
"you dont look like you cook"

freaking idiots! but if you end up with another woman's husband who's just there cos his wife sent him (or better still, his wife is on aisle 8 in the same store), you're totally on your own (OYO) because i didnt gaurantee that you'd meet single men - afterall, i only said naija men!

PS: if you're going to do the African Store move, I heard sunday afternoon is a good time to set the traps- oops! i meant go shopping. Again, I heard ni o! apparently, people usually "branch" at the African store on their way back from church.

3. Go out
- and i dont mean to the clubs, bars, and stuff. Everyone knows that summer is barbeque season. Here's where Baltimore comes in. Even Vera can attest to the fact that that's all they do in Baltimore- BBQ all day! i keed u not!
speaking of Vera, I have to do a post about how obsessed that girl is with me! seriously! but since this post is not titled Hooking up with Bumight, I think I'll keep it moving.

Like I said BBQs! I haven't heard about awon Texas and Cali people, but Baltimore people? its all about the BBQs, like if those folks dont do BBQs every weekend, trust me, some of them will be falling sick and the ERs in baltimore'll be crowded ---> tax payers' money being wasted---> a lot of serious complications. so we've just freed them with their BBqs.

4. save up for a trip...
...to Naija Reunion.
*sigh*
this one is a very testy one. the Nigerian Reunion is like a party/event organized for people in the diaspora. The underlying theme of the whole event is hooking up walahi! Again, I cannot vouch for the quality of the hook ups because the pics of naija reunion that ive been seeing all over the internet/facebook are very "suspect". Sometimes I be thinking its a JAB reunion, but what do i know? small girl like me!
I think this year's reunion was in Vegas, and you know what they say about stuff that happens in vegas? again I heard o! who am I to give u fake gist or anything? *innocent look* but you can look it up yourself here


5. Take a bite of the Big Apple
Remember how we had agbalumo season, and mango season and seasons for other fruits? yup! Summer time is the season for naija dudes in New York. however, you got to know somebody that knows someborri that knows someone....who's throwing a house parry. yup! thats how they roll in the N-Y. you know what they say: a facebook picture is worth a thousand words, and trust me, I've seen plenty! however (y'all knew the "but" was coming right?). Let's do this with maths.

given Summer time = Internship period

and New york is directly proportional to Fortune 500 companies

now here's the question: Given that fortune 500 companies like to increase diversity by accepting black students for summer internships

Black schools = Prime recruitment site for these companies = recruitment of smart students= Naija students

2 plus 2 is equal to 22 niyen! voila! NY is populated with smart sexy ass naija brothers running all over wall streets IN SUITS!


There you have it! let it not be said that Bumight never hooked a sista..or bruva up!

Im outties!




33 comments:

Miss Enigma said...

1st!!!

Miss Enigma said...

LWKM....Bumight speaks!

I'm live in d NY region and yup, u're right about the whole internship and Wall Street ish. Also besides house parties, if u know sum1, he cld invite a bunch of his friends, u invite a bunch of urs...and everybody goes out for drinks and generally jst chill.

...But mehn those Vegas pics na wa oooo! Dat dude n d chic have too much evidence floating around d internet mehn...lol

miss.fab said...

ha! thanks for the NY tip... you can be sure i'll be hitting up one of these house parties tomorrow. ah tomorrow ni o. i cannot wait till saturday at all. time is of the essence and you know we girls can be very thirsty sometimes. LOL

miss.fab said...

and omg.. lmfao at the vegas pics! damn! life hard reach that level? na wa o...

Roc said...

"What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!"

Ironically though the girls in those pics seemed to be having more fun than the guy sef..

Dem just dey advertise for Maclean!!

Nice Anon said...

You are not the only one who has said this. New York, MD and TX are where the men are. Who knows? Not about to travel across country to find out.

You bought a domain? Good for you!

Repressed One said...

Am i the only one that had a hard time reading this? :(...the font color kinda blends in...

All the men in TX are married. All the ones in MD are recycled[eww]...wot does that leave? lol.
You ain't lying about the MD bbqs sha, they have become extinct in TX.

NY huh?? good looking out, lol.

Repressed One said...

Umm ignore what i said about font color...my pc was tripping.

ooj said...

Meeen! For real? I go need to relocate - at least for the summer - to participate in the summer largesse o. Chei.

P.S. Dem say Facebook and Twitter are the new Match.com, any truth in that from your 'investigations?'

First timer here

Joy Akut said...

ohmygoodness....cousin, you're such a joker.
u got me cracking up. i've hears some of the things you've heard too:)

LG said...

lov'ly template

Tigeress said...

lol! This na real wa!

mizchif said...

I can see that ur doctors and patients r clearly not keeping you busy enuff!!!

I will grudginly admit that i like the new template tho.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Babe, did you mention Naija Churches? Dem boku for dere. =)

NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

bob-ij said...

Haha!!!! Too right about Maryland. I'm jealous of my friends over there. So fairy God mother how about ghost I Canada?? No tips? I don't need but I can give some hopefuls. As for shopping in the African store and going to Naija reunions.., you can never be more deliberate than that! LOL
x!

bob-ij said...

blogoratti, you just love to make us feel good and blush dont you. And yes a dark-skinned girl blushing. It's your fault. I like this though even tho some girls need to be saying this to their boos! Nice... I like a lot!
x!

CaramelD said...

Sniggering at my desk! Like the new look!

chayomao said...

lol!
Now someone needs to cover Canada!

Fabulo-la said...

LOOOOL!!!
U forgot church.
Abi they dont go to church anymore!
LMAO!!

bumight said...

undercover07
so you NY peeps are on another level of hooking up! as in u've left the MD peeps far behind.

miss fab
i know o!
time is of the essence, as we speak some people *cough* undercover07 *cough* are already grabbing the few left!

RocNaija
of course!
who knows her motives for going to vegas? lol

Nice Anon
thanks babe!
u know the whole travelling across the country? that could be like a research project...purely for academic reasons of course! *wink*

Repressed One
yeah had to be ur PC, repressing my blog layout :)
that leaves the single unrecycled ones.
shey TX pple dont BBQ? cant blame them though, the sun is too hot!

NoLongThing
dont know about facebook, but twitter, hmmm..i got me a tweetheart! so i can vouch for twitter! so u better hurry before the recession hit twitter too!

fantasyqueen
all the information presented in this post were from research o! Lol

LG
thanks babes!

Tigeress
you sef talk am! lol
its a serious sturvings o!

mizchif
babes, why are u hating on me? ehn?
u know the hate venom can be very poisoning. hateremia--->septic shock--->death!
i take it that ure totally in love with the new template.

solomonsydelle
true, but u know the thing about naija churches? in the summer, dudes are away on internships and all so church is not all that full like before

bob-ij
you know what?
we need to appoint someone in charge of the canada research!

caramelD
thanks! trying to catch up with people like u. i refuse to be intimidated by y'all's fine fine templates :)

chayoma
next stop is Canada! cos i been hearing some stuff about you canadians!

fabulo-la
didnt forget church o!
see reply to solomonsydelle
church isnt that much of a hotspot especially in summer, christmas break and all

Thirty + said...

What in the name of expensive furniture does JAB mean?!

Now I need Afro to do a Jand version.

Berra still I actually fancy some Apple and Fortune...know anyone?!

iGwatala said...

Is Chicago/Illinois not part of "the happening zone?" lol.

Femi B said...

wow you forgot chicago and philly that bubble and over flow with naija people.. also ATL. So they do Aso-ebi for baby showers???? wonders shall never cease.

Anonymous said...

lol...thanks for the recession advice.lol.
nice blog.

Original Mgbeke said...

Ok, this post is HILARIOUS. Abeg make I come clear some Baltimore 'myths'. :-D
BBQ's in Bmore? Wey dem? Maybe I no sabi the peeps wey dey throw BBQs o...then again, some of the peeps wey don throw BBQs are known to have 'questionable' folk up in that piece so errrm....I prefer to hit up the PG county BBQs. LOL
Also Bmore (Like the rest of MD) men are so recycled! The same men that you saw at the cookout on friday, na the same dudes you see at the BBQ on saturday then at Jesus House Baltimore on sunday...and they are all so recycled. We need some fresh meat. Hahahahahah @ the African store. That's word! Another good zone fit be the African restaurants aka Peju's Kitchen/Queensway for MD. Fingerlicking for Houston etc etc. lol
I need to check out the wall street bros in the NYC. Not a bad look at all...

All in all, heelarious post. I like the new template.

ManCee said...

Madam...lets hear YOUR success story, or not
lol
Howdy?

bumight said...

thirty+
I just posted a link to JAB in the post. its actually a reference from a post i did in the past.
click on the link!

iGwatala
Chicago/Illinois also has a lot of Nigerians, but y'all are not considered a major happening zone....yet! lol

Femi B
technically philly people are not bubblers jare. i have friends in philly, soooooo NOT it!
now ATL? thats another hot zones!


leggy
u're welcome boo!

original mgbeke
babes, ive heard about baltimore bbQs from where i am! though i can believe its the same recycled pple.
aha!
i knew i left something out! the african restaurants!!!
if u want the census on nigerian cab drivers, just go to Zion's kitchen in DC. Peju's kitchen was the happening place for a lot of bmore parties - yes o! parties!!

ManCee
i never agreed to provide empirical evidence, but the African store story is very accurate o!
90% of the time i go shopping for food there's always someone trying to holler! i kid u not.

~Sirius~ said...

Loooooove your Template!!!!

LWKMD with this your post.

So Summer = NY abi, for hot, sexy smart suited up (Naija)dudes...lol!

But true story, who can find a Virtuous Man?

Tyger said...

i am somewhat convinced this post is totally on point yet i live in london....

frankly i have come to believe that all nigerians in the US live in either boston or houston/dallas texas! lol

all bruvas and sisters should take note oh! bumite has done y'all a good turn *winking at bumight*

Shadenonconform said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. much love.

Lol @ the "branching" to go shopping at the african store..

Toluwa said...

loooonnnnggg tym!

thnx...to think dt i moved from NY to GA. ps...no guys in ATL either...most r in jail or gay, or sumtin! good ones are taken..sucks!

well...am going to NY tomorrow for a week...hope to catch me one!

Anonymous said...

Do you know anything about Florida or DC? Are there any naija spots to check out there?
btw pls check out my blog I'm new on here :)

http://suruispatience.blogspot.com/

Owumi said...

I will agreee with you one point: Texas dudes *are* razz lol.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com