twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Everyday is For the Thief

There are some days when it just seems like everything is going downhill- Murphy's law is in full effect, out to get you. Thursday was one of those days.
I just came out of a two hour bullshit exam, and decided to make a quick dash to go settle another pressing issue that had been giving me headaches all week. My plan was I'd settle it all and be back in 20 minutes in time to go over the exam like the instructor said.
I get to the parking lot, pressed my car alarm........silence.
Sometimes I dont remember where I park my car, but that day, I was quite certain of the spot where I had parked, I looked round and didnt see Aduke (my car) and it just hit me!

As soon as it hit me, tears welled up in my eyes! - MY CAR HAD BEEN TOWED!

**** ***** *****
In my school, freshmen are not gauranteed parking, so you have to try to find a spot on the street, and continuously feed the meter. The problem with that is, the parking patrol like witches are always on hand to slap your car with a ticket immediately your meter expired. If your ticket goes unpaid for two months, your car gets booted ASAP.
So what most of us did was park in a nearby school lot. The school also gives tickets, however, the school doesnt boot cars. Also, if your car is not registered with the school, you can escape paying the ticket.
A lot of people picked up on this, and very soon a whole lot of us were parking in the parking lot- which is not that big, and as such people with parking passes were finding it difficult to get parking spaces.
Very soon, the school started towing cars from the parking lot. Instead, we learnt how to be on the lookout for the tow truck. As soon as we spotted the tow truck, text messages, IM messages, phone calls all went out and we would run to move our car to avoid it getting towed.


*** *** ***
Fast forward to now, I had accumulated about $1500 in parking tickets. yes, you read that right: one thousand five hundred dollars in parking tickets! So immediately I did not see my car, instant tears welled up in my eyes, cos God knows I dont have any (pajawiri) one grand to give anybody!

I went to the parking office, and was just bawling my eyes there. The kind young lady took pity on me and an arrangement was made. Its almost ironic that I used to joke that if my car was ever towed, I would just ask them to let me take my shoes out of the trunk. I actually thought I had over $2000 in tickets!

Anyways, I got my car back, and I only had to pay the towing fees for the moment. So Im accepting donations o! :D

19 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Awwwwww...

Dread parking tickets!

Anonymous said...

pele...lucky you..$1500..you wan steal am?

lol @ pajawiri

Miss Enigma said...

Dang dats alot for parking tickets oo. Glad u got ur car back...I can jst imagine d frustration in that moment...it is well dear.

Shubby Doo said...

i would have wept...pele. sod's law is a bitch

despite this palaver, hope your exams went well.

Owumi said...

Wow. That's crazy! Pele. Is it impossible to get a parking permit still?

*hugs*

Myne said...

Why not get a parking pass yourself? Pele oo

achoiceofweapons said...

Goodness, This is Mista Jaycee from Long Beach, California. (US) I got towed some years back for parking tickets and they made me pay all the warrents ($480) and my Brothers tickets too. It totalled about $800 dollars. I feel you dearheart. Thank God for mercy though cause the Lady at the school could have been pitiless!
Mista Jaycee
Come check out both my blogs.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ooh. I hate tickets...e kpele oh!

olaoluwatomi said...

Pele o!

SHE said...

OH dear! Perhaps we should set up a trust fund?

Nice Day to you. Never mind Murphy and his law.

Anonymous said...

...a reprieve.

~Sirius~ said...

oh no....

Glad you got the car back.

That bill is quite a back breaker. yikes!

Anoda Phase said...

lol@accepting donations...good thing u got ur car back though...thank God for mercy...

Enkay said...

Mehn, that must have been one tough day for you. pele!

jhazmyn said...

thank God u got it back...cant imagine how u felt...$1,500....WOW

leggy said...

na wa oh 1,5?

Blessing said...

Oh wow! Sorry bout that...glad u got ur car back tho and didnt have to pay that 1500!

LusciousRon said...

Lucky lucky you!

doll (retired blogger) said...

aw..ndo...

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com