twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

What's in a Name III

So most people would have realized by now the name change. I'm not really feeling the bumight name anymore. I like Bumtight. I don't know why some people are complaining, because when I had it as bumight, a lot of people thought it was bumtight.

so does this mean I have a tight bum? of course I do! a cute tight one, you should see it, lol!, but that's not the reasaon for the name change.

My blogging frequency is about to take a major nose dive. I don't spend a lot of time blog-hopping anymore since I got google reader, but I will be preparing to write my boards in a few months (real scary sturves) and I'm beginning to think spending so much time on blogger is not a great idea.
don't worry, I'm not leaving cos I'll still write, I'll also read your blogs between study breaks. I read all your blogs by the way, even if I don't comment as often.

so Bumight or Bumtight?

feel free to vote on the left panel this time.

PS: I initially wrote this post in ink, just to spite Vera, but at the last minute, I changed my mind and typed it out. she's scary, you know!

45 comments:

Naapali said...

back at cha!

bumight said...

I'm slightly confused at ur comment!

...and you're first? where is everybody else? this is highly irregular!

Naapali said...

So I called you bumight, then read someone's comment that they thought your name was bumtight (Afrobabe or G. Nigeriana, I forget who). So as my own joke I changed you to Bumtight on my blogroll. Two days ago I changed it back to bumight as I thought I should respect your name. Now you go and change to Bumtight.

ah! What to do? Name yourself what you like jo, afterall blogging permits you to do that.


Regarding studies, you don't need me to tell you to study like were (krazewoman) for Step 1. Also try to live a life built around studying and in that life blog just a little :-)

Do let me know if I can help in any way.

Invisible said...

I'm here o.
Bumight or bumtight? Can I vote neither? No? Okay.
People are naturally resistant to change and I must say I'm used to bumight, so bumight!

archiwiz said...

Lol...Which one be dis conversation?

I'm 2nd joo...

archiwiz said...

Yeee!!!! Invisible thunda faya you!!!! Where you from come?

Naapali said...

Hope all is clear now.

archiwiz said...

Ahhh, I see...So since Bumight is not going to be around much till she takes and flabbergasts the Boards, the blog has become tight...Hence, bumtight.....


Ok, that's my understanding.

BTW, I think you need to snip your posts differently. If you're not using Live Writer, in blogspot you can change the size...so the ink doesn't appear blurry.


And congratulations in advance my dear... Go study and do well!

bumight said...

naapali
actually, I liked seeing the "bumtight" on ur blogroll, and was wondering why u changed it.

step 1 is kinda scary, and i have a panic attack anytime I think about it. I've totally changed the way i study this year jst because of it. I now study for each test like its the boards, I hope it pays off.

I think I study and learn better now (since the start of 2nd year), but I still suck as a test taker and step 1 is major I hope I get it together before then.

invisible
I'm the most resistant to change. I like both names by the way, bumight has been with me for a long time, and anyone from my past can easily link it to me, but bumtight totally new and different!

archiwiz
i used live writer, and I hate it! (even though its the easiest for now) that's why i rewrote the post cos I hate how it looks.
so i wrote in onenote, saved it as a pdf and then copied it into live writer as a pic. any easier ways?

I like your interpretation of the name by the way!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how well the Boards went—wishing you all the best!

I don't like bumtight o—don't ask me why. (Well, if you must know I think it's because I pronounce it "boom tight" and that just doesn't flow off the tongue as nicely as "boomight" does.)

Isn't google reader great?

poeticallytinted said...

goodluck in your papers. I like Bumight (in my mind it's actually bum-ite) someone who likes to just bum around... shay you get?

princesa said...

lol@Vera being scary. So u sef dey fear?lol!

Whether Bumight o
abi na Bumtight o

That one no be my problem.

Na dis old mama template wey u change to dey vex me,lol!!!!

Joy Akut said...

i noticed the name change just yesterday. well not like i thought it was a name change, i just thought i've been getting it all wrong all this time. lol

whatever you want jare...bumight or bumtight, they all hail the bum.

Vera Ezimora said...

Haven't read the post yet, but for daring to hand write it, I sentence you to three days of eating fresh, hot shit. Do you hear (read) me, BUMTIGHT or watever you now call yourself? lol.

Dis gal, u no dey fear me o. So after warning you, you still went and wrote this jagala jagala for me to read ehn? Ok. Just wait I'm coming

Vera Ezimora said...

***Vera bowing down her head in shame for leaving a nasty comment before reading the post***

***Vera now speaking in the sweetest, most melodic voice she can possibly imagine***

Bumtight, my darling, my love. As you may have noticed, I left the earlier comment b4 reading the post. Secondly, I suffered and read that handwritten post before I realized that there was a typed version specially for me, so why did I suffer myself? But I digress. This is an apology. Bumtight, my sugar, the only fungi on my feet, the only dandruff on my scalp, the only ... in fact, I can't even think of more love words 4 u. You're too much! But you know you have the TIGHTEST bum ever. The tightness of your bum get part II sef. You, my love, were the inspiration for pilate. You were the inspiration for yoga. You were even the inspiration for liposuction. What exactly is the point of this comment sef? Oh yeah, I remember...

So BUMTIGHT, do not hold my words against me. You see, our enemies spoke thru me. They tried to come bw us, but obviously, they have failed because your true love, Vera has come back 2 u and she is begging, crying, asking, cajoling that you forgive her and take her pain away. Did she ever mean 2 hurt you? No. In fact, your handwritting is bearriful (**Vera swallows big gulp of spit**) and I will be honored to receive a handwritten letter from you everyday (***Vera swallows two huge gulps of spit and a goat meat bone***)

Lastly, I wanna tell you that you need not take that board exam. You know you're too smart for that. You're not even on the same level as those people that are taking the exam. What you need 2 do is just open up your own hospital ASAP. We'll start by performing open heart surgery on a few bloggers. If it doesn't work out well (i.e. the blogger dies), we'll dispose of the body and erase any evidence that we even attempted it. Who will ever know?? I won't tell if you don't, my love.

*wink, wink*

Ms.O said...

I like Bumight..Just got used to it..But watever makes you happy..:D
am with Princesa on the template tho:D..

Goodluck on your Boards..:D

ShonaVixen said...

i like Bumight..its so different!but heey change is good no?Bumtight make sure u come visit often yeah?xoxo

NaijaScorpio said...

I actually like bumight better cos it reminds me of bumni which is one of my close pally's name. Besides, i don't think Bumtight suits ur blog personality.

But then again, maybe i would have liked bumtight better if u had it first. U know most human beings don't like change. So whatever u prefer, i would support u.

Good luck on ur boards. I know the preparation won't be easy.

NaijaScorpio said...

BTW, not loving this new template.

Rebirth said...

change is the only constant in life so lets enjoy d change....... bumtight... funny i used t think it was bumtight, then realised it was bumight and got used to it, so i guess its now back to bumtight

Invisible said...

Archiwiz. you no sabi say that Usain Bolt from the olympics na my 3rd cousin? lol.

Bumtight, although I'm supposed to think butt when I read bumtight, for some reason, I'm thinking bum as in homeless. God forbid!

Zayzee said...

i dey vex, so i wont leave a comment cos i remember saying abi n writing when i took blogging seriously that i thought ur name was bumtight, and u no pay homage. give me my name back o

Zayzee said...

and i like bumight cos its easier to pronounce. pass ur boards o so u will finish quick and be my gyn/obs. or do u write it. i wan born pickin, pikin. whats the correct spelling.

Unknown said...

I'm with Sting on the name change. I don't think Bumtight suits you. Bumight is smart and clever, so more you...so :-)

This template...hmmmm...you can look at some other options, perhaps? ;-)

As for your naughtiness on my blog...naming u know.., don't let me do a Vera on you oh;-) I think a double Vera in one day might just make you disappear, LOL.

@ Vera, you are hilarious! No wonder Aloofar is crazy about u;-)

Unknown said...

BTW, all the best in your tests. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

bumtight for president joo!

alll the best o!

Anonymous said...

I come by your blog by way of the doc. I think in regards to the name, whatever suits you.
Step 1 by dear is no joke...(just took and passed mine a few months back)... Like Naapali said, study like it's going out of fashion and when u are tired, study more..): Goljan, Robins, First aid, USMLE world and the likes should be your everyday bible... I'm like you when it comes to test taking but I realised that doing questions everyday and reviewing them helps a lot... So my dear, do as much questions as you can and take each question as serious as you can as well... Build you endurance with time and having to sit through the test (trust me, 8hours is long)... Here's wishing you all the best and I'm sure you will do great...

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Bumight, Bumtight-they both work for me. Whatever rocks your boat boo!
Meanwhile, I'm about to go into Geek Mode as well..which means less blogging.
Good luck with your exam prep...efiko that you are there should be no wahala!

H2O-works said...

hmmmmmmm how about Bum-bastica...lol :D

Afrobabe said...

I for one have not been able to call u Bumight since FQ wrote that post..I have had Bumtight stuck in my head...

naijaleta said...

I can see that you've anwsered my question about you having a tight bum.
All the best in your exams. Please read well o! I've got this nagging back-ache that I'm reserving for you to treat. So I'm just waiting for you to qualify.

*whispering* I had a always thought that vera was a bit..., you know what I mean doncha?

*still whispering* To think of it that I was begining to kind of fancy her at some point. Anyway, I still like her sha.

Scribblers Inc said...

bumtight is like yeah!!:)

Scribblers Inc.

The Activist said...

BUMTIGHT IS COOL. I noticed the change in name via your comment on my blog.

Your writing aint bad

O'Dee said...

Bumtight or Bumight all join.

When did you change your blog layout???

There's internet connection on the moon o.

archiwiz said...

Oluwadee wetin you dey do here? I neva hear say ship wety travel for galaxy don come back....Ohh...I see, there's internet connection on the moon...Ok.

Ewwww...Vera...you are soooooo, soooo gross... Blech!

@bumight...Write in OneNote, or Journal, snip to a .jpg file with the Snipping tool, and paste in Live Writer. Did the inkblog plugin not work for you? Its the easiest to use. After installing it appears as a plugin on the right side of WLW. It also converts your handwriting to text, and you can edit it if there are any mistakes. It works in Vista too (I haven't gotten it to work on my M1400 in XP though.).

Buttercup said...

lol...i prefer bumight..bumtight is kinda, uh, more difficult to pronounce..yea, im lazy like that..lol..

but on the real, i'll go with bumight!

Flourishing Florida said...

bumtight 4 me! wen it was bumight, i'll think "bumight' but i'd pronounce "bumtight".

i likey d first version of dis post! y spite vera? & why u dey fear? she dey bite? & i wan find her my brother 2 marry oh. kai, i don change mind. i don forget sef, my broda no sabi speak english!

bumight said...

i spent the better part of the day typing out a long reply to all the comments and now its all gone!

mizchif said...

You know i was starting to think i was the one wrong all along, when i noticed your new name, but whatever rocks your boat babes.

As for Step 1, babes, all the best o. You guys are making me ascared, me that i like to run away from my books as quickly as possible. God will be my helper when time reach sha.

But wait o, is it in the spirit of step 1 sriousness dat u chose this dry, drab, depressing layout for your blog ehn? Pls come back and change it sharpish.

Vera Ezimora said...

Bumight, go back & type a response to everyone's comments. Well, you don't have to type to everyone's comments, but you have to type to mine. I am special, darn it!


Naija Leta: I read what you wrote about me oh. In fact, I'm coming to your house (blog) right now. We need to settle this ASAP

bumight said...

vera
i still remember the reply I typed to ur comment: once i get my public apology, the love will be restored shikena!

Nine said...

Dem Boards no joke at all oh.Tip:know your First Aid.And check out Usmleworld.But you already knew that:)

All the best.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

... and why do i think TIGHTBUM is a better name? ;)

bumight said...

@nine: I'm seriously suspecting you. is there anything you want to tell me?

@aloofar: now "tightbum" is just taking it to a whole new level!

Nine said...

*Very Wide Cheshire Cat Grin*

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com