I want to say a huge thank you to every single person that voted for me for Best Student Blogger Award. At first, when I heard I was nominated, I was confused. Is the best student blogger the person that blogs about school best? or the student who blogs best? I still dont know, but I'm thankful that you guys found me worthy.
I remember when I first started blogging. Actually, I remember when I opened this blog. I was sitting in orientation class, listening to all these upperclassmen tell us how hectic school was going to be and how we were not going to have time to have a social life. I signed on to blogger then ( I was a regular reader of exschoolnerd's blog then, the only blogspot blog I knew) and opened my own blog.
I wanted this blog to be my escape from school, you know to have a life that doesnt revolve around cadavers, diseases and histology slides. The blog was first titled "Medico Blues", then I changed it to the present name. Because I was writing in order to get away from school, i rarely put up stuff about school. I mean, I didnt want med school to take over my life.
I wrote especially when I was under school stress. In first year, when I would be in school for hours on end studying for an exam, and couldnt take it anymore. I'd sign in and write. My most memorable posts were written under such stress. Now that I dont find school as stressful anymore, I have to think very deeply to even figure out what I want to write about.
I cannot think about my med school experience without this blog. Actually, my presence on blogville (shouting first and commenting) is directly related to school. Since all my notes are on my computer, I study on my computer. My google reader is always open, so I'm almost always around to shout "FIRSTTTTT!!!!" (why did i divulge my secret?)
Oh, and I want to appreciate all my category nominees as well especially Mizchif and Geebee. I mean how could I have been nominated against my special boo-boo? well, *clears throat* in the magnanimity of my heart, I have decided to share this award with them! so, I will give Mizchif and Geebee the bottom parts of the ribbon, lol.
I have also been nominated in the Category B. I hope you guys have performed your Bumight Civic Duty? if not, what are you waiting for?
plus, I hope you guys are preparing for my baby shower? Oluwadee and Solomonsydelle are in charge of planning it. I will be receiving baby shower gifts so hit the stores and shower me with giftssssssssssssss! lol. if you look closely at my avatar over the coming weeks, you'll see that the stomach will start protruding. honestly! im serious :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

42 comments:
Godness am i first???
This I have to see! Your tummy getting bigger haba!
Gosh,
so much can happen in a short time. So apparently you've had an e-marriage with a blogger and your virtually pregnant?!!!!!!
*blank stare*
Oya fill me in!
Was it Doug or FBA or....????
Do I get to be godmother:-)
PS: Congratulations on your award!!
i was first so im Godmother jare. Bumight i hv gotten u the bestest shower gift. im even flickin thru more cyber names. im givin u a cyber massage ur back must be aching you
Lol! How many e-godmothers is this baby going to have? Poeticallytinted had already put in her application waaay back!!! Lol
The internet keeps eating my comments!!! I was here yesterday!!! Mscheeew!! And now my last comments dont apply anymore!!!
Hmph!!!
so thats how u get to shout first all the time.. hmmm interesting lol. congrats on ur award again..
Mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
7 comments in 15 mins!!!
Na wa oh!
Awwwww congrats babes...How sweet of you to share ur award..
I remember those early days of blogging....
Hmmm, ok first a grudging congratulations.
And thank you for the bottom parts of that cute ribbon.
I hope this e-pregnancy doesn't give u any e- strech marks sha.
So have u opened ur baby shower registry yet? If it is more than JC Penny, don't call my name oh!
kai -- too many peeps now know abt this google reader thing!!!! shoot!!!!
i demand to be the e-Priest at the christening!!!!!
Congrats on the win!
congrats on your award...well deserve IMO
Good luck with nominations in cat b sweetie
:) lol
lolll@sharing the bottom parts of the ribbon wit mizchif n geebee KAI! babes u harsh o :-)
once again Congrats
BTW i ve perfomed my civic duty , have u???
Google reader hey...hmmmmmm..
Afro getin ready t start taking first again!!!!
Congrats on the noms.. another one well deserved!!
Meanwhile.. have I ever told you I used to be a gynaecologist in a former life??
So when you’re due that baby scan holla @ the Roc..
Just open wide and say “Ahhhhh!!!”
Congrats on the award,you really were in great company.....
i've also wondered what exactly best student blog meant..
congrats on ur win!
ohhhhhh e-baby shower..yay!!!
Congrats bumight! so prouda ya. u are my inspiration in the medico-blues kindaway :)
congratulations. you go girl. and also on the baby. lol. glad you made the award. i voted for you o! so where is all the rewards you promised? the day i get my reward, i will send you some e-diapers and e-wipes.lol
Congrats on the awards, I honestly don't know what student blogger is either, but I think I may have put your name there *I don't remember*
Kai, u wan disfigure that avatar ni sha... o ma se o. I always thot she had such a segzy figure.
No go tell them to give you a pink rosette these one's are for blokes..
congrats
Congrats on your win. This was such a sweet acceptance speech.
Hmmm, got a cameraman who can 'sketch' all the memorable moments of that day?
Congrats on your award and also on your second nomination...
I'd like to see this e-pregnancy progres...can i join the SD and O'Dee to plan the shower?
u didnt share ur award with me..well done o!
Bottom part of the ribbon? Bumight, you want to add insult upon injury abi? lol. Seriously now, you deserved the award and I am glad to have been nominated in the same category with you. It felt like McCain(s) versus Obama. lol. Congrats. . . Is there any ‘aso ebi’ for the baby shower. I demand for the contract of supplying them for blogville. I can provide 1000 yards so long as the price is right. lol @ the memories of when you started blogging. Time sure does fly and we get better at what we do with its flight.
erm Bumight, i dont see any mention of me being god mother..... i dont want any of these people to take my position away o..... congrats on ur win luv....
@anon gal: sure u are! babe, pple have been keeping godmother spot since the last post..but now that u talk of cyber massage...
@caramelD: just keep watching, just like film trick, u'll see...lol
@NDQ: yes o. a lot can happen in a short time. it was Doug! havent u heard? well lemme fill u in. FBA brought in Temite as his new wife, and seeing that the house was already full, i asked for an e-divorce...and that was how doug came into the picture.
@doug: why should it have 1 when it can have 20? or even 100? what was ur last comment? u need to remember it and come and retype it o!
@BSNC: yes me dear! thanks!
@mizchif: HARER! lol...JC penny? my baby has to be clothed in more. didnt u hear elDee describe it? stunner shades, Gucci, Prada and all that sturvs. only the best!
@Afrobabe: me too!
@JustDB: i know, but if u have google reader and u're not on ur comp it makes no diff, so fret not. e-priest? what parish did u train at?
@Shubby: thanks! now u making me e-blush!
@Tigress: :)
@LG: yels ke, i've performed my civic duty tay tay!
@Afrobabe: yikes! i totally forgot u were going to read that part! dang!!
@Roc: thanks boo! i dont know about u being a gyneacologist, but u just reminded me about something i have to blog about. *shudders*
@fareedasview: thanks darl!
@burralove: well, wonder no more! think of best student blog and think of me, there! u have ur answer. lol
@omo oba: thanks girl, im flattered!
@bibi: the reward i promised?- on its way *racking brain to remember said promised reward*
@nefie: disfigure ke? my avatar is about to become the epitome of a sexy pregnant avatar!
@dabizniz: pink rosette? havent u heard what a man can rock, a woman can rock better? lol. thanks man!
@gng: thanks :)
@timi: ok, cameraman hired!
note to self: this is becoming a huge owambe sturvs!
@writefreak: why not? the more the merrier!
@exschoolnerd: aww, ok i'll share the "hands" with u too! lol
@Geebee: insult to injury ke? no oh! lol. seriously though obama vs mccain ke? cos i def was NOT feeling like an obama!
@Funms: dont worry, u're already in the number 1 spot. all the rest are just jara :) thanks babe!
Hi Bumight,
You deserve your award. Congratulations to you for sharing your talent with the world in spite of.....
Also, why not read Bumight as a featured guest writer at my end....
You are all invited, aren't they Bumight?
taKia and God bless
Congratulobia Bumight, you deserve am! Abeg where is your baby shower gift registry, make I fedex ya gift. :-D
Congrats on your awards deariee.
I am yet to see a bulge; are you sure you are pregie???
congrats on your e-pregnancy
i will be an aunty e-baby sitter cos i love babies
but ermmmmmmmm
for a fee.............
Dr.Bumight saw u on DB's page. thot i shld say hi. u good? Call n'all?
...congrats on ur award!
i hope ur watchin ur back sha..
how did I miss this?......I must have been in transit..........*hiss
Hmmm....bumight, are you pregnant in the real world too?
All these signs and posts about e pregnancy and non e pregnancy.
I smell a fish....not big enough to call it a rat..LOL
yay! okay, baby shower plans have commenced oh!!!!
btw, forgot to mention i'm a good baby shower planner. Becos u're my fellow blogger, i shall do it for u at a very reduced rate.:) Let us discuss......
FYI this will be my first e-baby shower o!
Congrats on your award. I totally feel you on the reasons why you write. I too started mine as an escape from a crazy job.
Cheers
lol you're not even serious...so if I try and e-steal Doug now will that make me a home-wrecker/baby daddy stealer?
meanwhile i'm all for the baby shower, will enjoy picking out an e-gift for you :)
can i claim God mom....well, eGodmom!
i am just writing to let you know that i have now opened up a firm that specializes in e-divorce and alimony. So if you ever need our services we can guarantee that you will always get 50% and the house!!!
Post a Comment