twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Playing doctor, or was it patient?

Thursdays
5th day of the week, and day i get to "play doctor".

On this day, I chuck my jeans and put on something sexy, oops professional, don my white coat, stethescope around my neck, and off to the clinic i go.
At the clinic, I follow my doctor around, and proceed to poke, prod, chook, innocent people who have come to see the real doctor.

This particular thursday was no different. I opted for a skirt, sweater, u know nothing serious. The only different thing i guess was that i wore heels. whats the significance of this info? Nothing. I just wore heels - I prolly had a little pep in my step

I saw the first patient. nothing serious- Follow up, COPD, poked him a little bit in the ears under the pretext of trying to see if his ear was infected.

Next patient. And that was where the trouble began

I dont think I can stand up for long anymore

I think I want to sit down

I feel dizzy

So i walked to the next consulting room, sat down and put my head on the table. My attending physician came in and met me there

"What's wrong with you?"

"I just feel dizzy" i replied

then he called one of the nurses to come in and check my blood pressure - twas a bit hypotensive (90/60). He said the room was hot, so it might be the reason. i think it might also be because i hadnt eaten lunch - i mean, i had a bagel at 12pm and that was the only thing I had eaten all day - at that time (3pm)

All this while, I'm thinking "this is high yield blogging material!" :)
Anyways, After a glass of water and couple of candies, I was allowed to leave the clinic.

oh, and he asked me if i was pregnant. lol. just incase its running through your mind, I'm not. :)

I'm back at school. I've had a couple of cakes, just incase the reason i felt faint was because I was hypoglycemic. Even though I'm not lying down like I was told to, I'm sitting up with my feet propped.

I cant explain how i feel, but its nothing a couple of hours of sleep wouldnt fix. I'm definitely glad i'm not on my feet anymore!


UPDATE:
i feel like i have to write this cos of the comments:
1. it wasn't the heels. I was only standing for about an hour. I'm used to heels. i only mentioned it just because...
2. I am NOT pregnant. I am in the endometrial hyperplasia stage of uterine development, plus no coitus...lol

43 comments:

InCogNaija said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
InCogNaija said...

pele. hope u feel better.
*silently whispering First!*

Anonymous said...

lol@ are you pregnant... covering all bases I guess.....
u sure it wasn't the heels????

Rebirth said...

thank God ur feeling better...... u sure ur not pregnant? the doctor becoming the patient....... eat well my dear, cake aint food....

Roc said...

Hmmm...
Probably was just a combination of not having enough to eat and the heels..

As Chris Okotie would say, "solid saturated fats of high density is not an edible option for species of the orangutan family!"
Basically means "Butter no be monkey food!"

I admire your tenacity though... Only Bumight would think of blogging while being diagnosed for 'hypotensivity'(?)


Last post by RocNaija - Bad stuff I’m talented at!

Smaragd said...

now that u mention pregnancy... well...?

pele. so much for playing sexy doctor, see y doctors wear flats?

achoiceofweapons said...

I hope you feel better.
Mista Jaycee

C said...

Pele..

Afrobabe said...

lol @ this is high yield blogging material...funny my whole life feels like a blog...everything that hapens to me sounds bloggy...lol..

Take it easy and eat pounded yam next time!

mizchif said...

LAZYYYYYYYYYYY!!! That's what u r!

Me i've long since chucked my heels, but even in my flats, i went to d hospital looking like a rockstar on mon...bedazzled jeans, t-shirt complete with my collar popped, bedazzled flat shoes, (pls don't ask me what i was thinking,cuz i clearly wasn't) ...got me a friendly telling of 4rm d consultant on duty, luckily d matron didnt see me, if not....

As for the pregnancy question...hmmm.....r u sure u don't need to check ur 4 hCG in ur bld ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that you were thinking blog fodder during the incident...if that doesn't show that you're a dedicated blogger, I don't know what does.

Glad all is well now (but was giggling at how wearing heels had nothing to do with this entry...well, probably).

bumight said...

@incog: thanks dear.

@Danny B: why did u shorten ur name? I loved pronouncing "Bagucci"...I'm sure its NOT the heels. I'm an usher in church and im used to standing in heels!

@Funms: very sure my dear!i ate the cake to get a sugar rush- just in case.

@Roc: the doctor said it was prolly cos the room was hot. ive had that happen to me before, so im going to agree with him. its funny o, i was just thinking about how this would be good blogging fodder!

@smaragd: jeez people! its nt the heels. i only mentioned the heels cos when i was going to the clinic, i had the extra spring in my step that u get from wearing heels and i was feeling very "doctor like" didnt know i was going to end up being "patient-like". get it?

@Mista Jaycee: long time! thanks. i do feel better.

@chichi: thanks :)

@Afrobabe: lol, at least thank God its not only me. that way i know im not going crazy!

@mizchif: JEANS to the hospital? um..babe, thats pushing it. BEDAZZLED jeans? he should have whooped ur ass! LOL...and yeah, my serum bHCG levels are non-existent at the moment, thank you!

@GNG: thank you! you seem to be the only person that is finally getting it that the heels is not connected to the entry. see what blogging has done to me? jeez!

Tigeress said...

if u were pregnant- i'm sure u wld know. Anyway do take it easy. Pele. I wldn't really advice u wear heels when u're on call- that wld kill ur feet.

Anonymous said...

hehehhehehe. Oh my gosh. I thought it was only ME. Everytime someone said something to me, am like, I cant wait to blog about it. and to top it off, my thoughts are beggining to sound like blog posts. Imagine! I had to stay away for 2 days and I couldnt do it men. I came and read anyways...just didnt leave comments.

Giagerry said...

awwww...feel better dear!

Anonymous said...

awwww, poor baby. it might be the recession getting to you. lol.

Original Mgbeke said...

Awwwww, how are you feeling now? I hope better o. Haba, we can't have anything happen to our bumight.
Abeg wetin be uterine plasma kini, why you dey oppress us with grammar na? LOL

Femi B said...

are you sure its not Fineboy agbero with his prayer to orunmila....lol pls get better oh

~Sirius~ said...

At least you are not pregnant...........he he.

Stop messing with you eating habit, and drink lots of water.....you'll be fine in no time.

O'Dee said...

i often feel that way, and the 1st question pple ask is if I am pregnant.

its kinda annoying, but I've learnt to go with the flow.

LG said...

lollllllll@ i am not pregnant, babes r u sure??????? talk true o :-)

take kia

Joy Akut said...

i got it, you're pregnant...and yes i read ur disclaimer, but thats my story and i'm sticking to it.:)

Anonymous said...

"I am in the endometrial hyperplasia stage of uterine development, plus no coitus..."
Kai too much grammar!!!
hope you're better now!

P.s
Just checked this "endo wetin wetin" up...I really hope you're okay o!

ibiluv said...

I'm with Sis...you felt dizzy and all you could eat was cake

what ever happpened to Pounded yam with veggie or a double burger as na obodo oyinbo you dey and correct food no dey dey easy to come across........(expecting people to disagree...*evil grin*)

Dokita next tyme WEAR FLATS OR DEF NO MORE THAN A 2 INCH!!!!!!!!!!!

LusciousRon said...

Bumbum glad you are berra.

'I am in the endometrial hyperplasia stage of uterine development, plus no coitus' -I won't even bother to pronounce it I am too tired and all the legalese i have been reading all day a'int helping.

Eat well and get enough rest over the weekend. That's an order!

Have a fabulous one.

bob-ij said...

Hunger does a lot o!....I never underestimate its effect...i blame everything on hunger. Headache... cough and cold...malaria...lol...I'm jst fooling around.

As long as you're feeling better

x!

lil' spider said...

well, hav a doctor friend who didnt realise she was pregnant wen she got preg... maybe it was d heels sha... who knows...!!!

Tari. N said...

The way you kip repeating "im not pregnant" is very suspicious.. Guilty conscience!!!!!!!!
Anyhoo, you prolly were hot(and by that,i mean temperature) and you'd been on your feet for a while..

Ehen!! before i forget, i'm going to strike a deal with you..Nominate me for newbie on category B and i'll vote a 100 times for you...low right? i know..hehehehehehehehehe.

And that applys to the rest of y'all too...

Later Babes!!
F.

Confessions of a London gal said...

Hope u r feeling better now...Everyone knows doctors r d worst patients so get well soon o!

Anonymous said...

Bumight, are you shadowing or rotating?
Pele, I bet you were embarrassed.
I would have added the heels in my differentials, but since you axed that, I will go for hypoglycemia....try to eat something before rounding, or take a sneaker bar....then again, I am not sure it will help.

Writefreak said...

Now you want to break our head with medical jargons abi?
Pele bumight, hope you're feeling better now! must have been the unplanned fasting!

You're a confirmed blog addict btw! lol...take care

Writefreak said...

Now you want to break our head with medical jargons abi?
Pele bumight, hope you're feeling better now! must have been the unplanned fasting!

You're a confirmed blog addict btw! lol...take care

The Activist said...

it annoys me sha when they link a case like this to pregnancy... I hope you feel better dearie

Emeka Amakeze said...

Trying to hide something with all those medical jargons? It's either the pregnancy or the coitus. . . .

bArOquE said...

Doctor, tend yourself or i'll come do it myself...jokes apart sha, i need to know that you are ok...kisses

Thirty + said...

Pele Bumight, hope you are better now?!

But ewo lo wa nje "endometrial hyperplasia" I suppose that has to do with the female cycle, abi.

SHE said...

Forget all the coitus thing. A new Messiah could be on the way!

ee said...

hope u feeling much better...
lmao@ pregnancy...nothing spoil anoda blogger don come ni yen

bumight said...

@Tigress: abi o, i'd know. thanks.

@Temite: lol, welcome to our world!-

@Gee: thanks :)

@Bibi: o...k. this has to be a new spin on the whole story. recession? LOL!

@original Mgbeke: yeah, ive been better. lol, all the grammer was to say i just had my period about a little more than a week ago.

@Femi B: lol. thats true. now that u mention it.... Lol

@Sirius: i wasnt really messing with my eating habits. i had just had breakfast like hours before, didnt think it was time for lunch that soon. thanks girl! oh, and for food, thats a whole long story. i shoulc blog about it.

@O'dee: tell me about it!

@LG: actually, to talk true, na our husband gimme belle, lol

@fantasy queen: you too cuz! jeez!

@nolimit: im good. too much grammer? im sure u did biology. lol

@Ibiluv: oh, i only ate that for a sugar rush. after that i ate pizza, and jollof rice!
and my heels were two inches!

@LusciousRon: yes MA!

@bob-ij: oh, ive seen first hand what hunger can do to me, and my mom knows. she wont let me follow her anywhere in the morning except i eat, cos ive disgraced her at the market once before!

Anonymous said...

Its very important that u mentioned the endometrial part of things.lol. Hope u well now hunnie. Much love...

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

I hope you feel better also.

Ms Sula said...

It might actually be hypoglycemia. My dad is hypoglicemic and we've had some very interesting episodes when he unvoluntarily fasted (like you did)

Doctor, remember breakfast is KEY!

(Why don't doctors follow their own advice? Sheesh! :))

Hope everything is under control now sweets.

Omo Oba said...

lol@this is high yielding blogville material! Hope u are much better now.

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com