twitter

twitter.com/bumight

Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ex-Appeal

I won't even lie and say I didn't mean to, cos I wanted to. I was talking with one of my friends from naija, and we were busy reminiscing over the few semesters I spent in Uni in naija. It was one of the best conversations I had had with anyone from my former school.
Every other guy who I have spoken with since I left either wanted to "yahooze" me or starts declaring their "love" for me (still yahooze in my books). I don't know if they think I'm stupid or something. There was actually one of them that was asking me for my bank account and stuff, if I had a credit card blah blah. You've seen mugu shey?
Neways, this other dude was different, and the conversation got even more interesting since he started telling me about his fiancee. I guess I was impressed that he was the one who actually called and was willing to stay on the phone, catching up on old times. After almost 30 mins, I take pity on his credit and decided to buy a phone card. We gisted for a while before I left. I told him I wanted to call one of my friends -one of his almost-girlfriends.
I called my friend and she didn't pick up.
Since I didn't want to waste the phone card, I called my ex. (does that sound like a good excuse? *shrug* that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). He knew I was the one even before I said anything.We actually had a good conversation- the best we've had in recent years.
We must have dated for like 6 months (I'm not sure anymore) and then I called it off before I travelled out of the country. It might sound mean, but I'm not a long distance person. I felt there was no point holding on to the relationship when it wasn't like we were engaged or something else. woreva, it pained him, but he took it in good stride.
Everytime we spoke, he was always trying to get me to tell him about my 'feelings' almost like trying to 'lure' me back into the relationship. I knew he never really moved on for a while. Very soon, I got tired of calling him because of it.
I still don't know why I called him this time. This time though, it was different. He didn't bring up anything about the past. He even told me about some girl he dated for a while. We talked about my boyfriend too, and he was very cool about it.
I guess it was because he wasn't bugging me to get back with him or anything, it made me admit to myself that I really missed him (I was never able to tell him that before because that used to keep his hopes up about us getting back together).
He still calls me the same pet names.
PS: I'm a sucker for pet names
That conversation stirred up a whole lot of feelings that I thought I had buried for good in the past.
Now I feel guilty, it almost feels like cheating on my boyfriend. I keep telling myself it's just a phone call to someone who's 20,000miles away.

Baby, I Loved you
...but my heart is with someone else

3 comments:

rethots said...

...such things happen.

bighead said...

Pet names? Like wat? bu? gbemi? might? I'm out of ideas. Help out.

bumight said...

@Bighead: with a head as big as urs, sure u should be able to come up with more creative ideas? lol! lemme help you- baby, sweetie, ... u get the drift?

 

Sample text

Sample Text

bumight@gmail.com