It's official- Naija 07! I finally got my ticket, the bank account is lighter, but it feels great. God knows I miss Naija like crazy, it doesn't help when everyone around you is going back home. Last year, I looked at people going home, very green with jealousy- I must have even joined the People Against the Bloody Nigerians Going Home For Christmas.Yes, BLOODY! group on facebook at some point. Now this year, I'm one of those bloody Nigerians, and I'm loving it nonetheless hehehe!!!
This ticket cost me a little more than $2000 and I'll be damned if I don't enjoy every last cent of it.
I look forward to Silverbird, Palms and every other movie theatre in Naija
(never again will I be slighted when we gist about them in yankee)
I look forward to Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, Tastee Fried Chicken
(yes, I want-scratch that- need to be tantalized)
I look forward to Old friends from high school and college
(No mama Bumight, I'm not going to be on lockdown this year!)
I look forward to seeing my ex
(boyfriend, please don't be reading this)
I look forward to seeing my neice for the first time
(you better be pretty in person or else I won't be claiming you)
I do not look forward to spending half a day cooped up in a plane
(direct flights suck!)
I do not look forward to NEPA or is it PHCN
(papa Bumight, please stock up on diesel)
I do not look forward to Lagos traffic
(helicopters, flying cars? in my dreams!)
Lagos here I come!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Welcome home. Hope yu have fun while ur around
u did not look forward 2 all d naija parties.....i am so jealous...please put me in ur suitcase, sure i'll fit
welcome back to naija
safe trip on ur way here
this is the place to be u know,except for the traffic, PHCN, armed robbers, area boys, corupt officials, bad roads, no transport system et al.
I'm sure you would enjoy urself
first time here. cheers
Catwalq's List:
(Things you must bring back)
Dry pepper
Crayfish
Smoked fish
Nigerian films: make sure that u get the part 2, 3, 4, 5 and coming soon
Ankara
Expressions attachment, colour 2
All the reigning CDs
As I think of the rest, I will let you know.
My, I am jealous! Tantalizers!! The last time I was in Lagos (long time ago), my friend Dee took me for lunch and boy did we have fun!!! God bless Nija!! For all its troubles, it is the land of my fathers, the land where I hope to eventually rest in peace and the place I hope will become great!!!
Enjoy yourself my sista!
Funnily serious, me likes. Just be ready to feel the shocking jolt as you alight from your plane. Nigerian remains the good old naija...
PS: and make sure you get vaccinated..>As they say, prevention is better than cure :)
@Bighead: you don't have to tell me twice!
@ONB: In that case, I'll get a bigger suitcase, just for you
@Ibo dude: thanks! that except list long small sha
@catwalq: revision of the list-
Dry pepper (available in african store)
crayfish (also available)
smoked fish (easily purchased here)
that leaves:
Nigerian film
Ankara
Expressions
All the reigning CDs
@Solomosydelle: don't worry I will make sure I'm tantalized on ur behalf. deal?
@Ugo Daniel: I know shey. last time I went home, I did my hair and as soon as I stepped out of the airport, the hair just went flat(the heat), it felt boiling, and I dn't want to start with the area boys. I adjusted sha. there's no place like home
What kind of mother xmas are you that revises lists?
sha bring it back for me
Please
i just got back, and naija is still wonderful. i went to biggs and ate meat pies and donuts even thoughi didnt like them b4.
i smiled when nepa took the light(at least the first time).
so enjoy and stock up when u get home.
@catwalq: the naija one. lol! I hear u
@femme: thanks. I'm not so sure about the smiling when nepa takes light sha
lmao@naija or bust.. omo i cant bloody wait!!!ive never been to any of the malls or theaters or eaten naija suya in a bloodylong while.. as innnnnnnnnnn.... i can almost taste it.. the tickets are bloody expensive idont even want to yarn about that one so i'll milk that bad boy!!!
on another note: ur bloody hilarious... about ur niece among other things.. haha
enjoy o. im jealous
YAHHHH!!!!!!!! Lagos Lagos!!! I think Tayo was playing a blogger sth.... another thingie 2 attend....
Post a Comment